• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur`s Gate 3 Player Stats

Draugoth

Gold Member
Since our launch in August, over 1.3 million players have completed Baldur's Gate 3. A number almost equaled by those of you transformed into a wheel of cheese. All this, and more in our latest thread of amazing stats!

GAmgC4cX0AAcfAF
GAmgC4VXwAAHxOf

Number of you who started an Honour Mode playthrough? 158'000 Of those players, 464 parties have made it to the end already. 34'000 of you...have already met your match. Better luck next time.

GAmgEhNWkAA9G8W
GAmgEhQW0AAjTyt

Last edited:

Hrk69

I stopped playing because the performance of act 3 was terrible

I'm definitely going to jump in again soon

Trunx81

Nearly 52.000 years of productive work have been stolen by this game. We need to ban BG3 RIGHT NOW.

Mowcno

This sales assumption is very wrong. Not all of these origin character selections are unique players. They can use origin characters again in another playthrough.

From the origin character selections and the 94% custom characters we could estimate 33m playthroughs, 33m character selections. But even this will be too high. If they said "94% of playthroughs use a custom character" then we could calculate total playthroughs, but that's not what they said. Part of the 94% of players that created a custom character may have also selected an origin character on a playthrough too.

So the only thing we can get out of those statistics is there are less than 33m playthroughs. There is no way BG3 has sold 33m copies already.

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Banned

So essentially most of the players want

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

Also 452 million hours spent playing, but we don't know that at least 100 million hours spent on waiting for the enemy to move. Also, if the game sold 23 million copies, then on average people spent 20 hours playing... a 75+ hour game : DD. So around 15-20% completion rate. Very good numbers, indeed... bravo. An official sales figure would help a lot.

Zathalus

Estimating off Steam reviews is a better metric. Even lowballing it gets you around 9+ million sold (Steam only)

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I've created about 15 characters and still not happy with any of them (hence being on 16... I'll start the game properly at some point)

Not sure this infers any sales. I've made 3 characters in different playthroughs and I think that's nothing. I'm sure there are people that have over 20-30 characters.

Mowcno

1.3m players have completed the game. Steam achievements show that 17.4% of players have done this. So total players will be around 7.5m. This gives an average playtime of around 60 hours per player to reach 452 million hours played. Sounds about right.

Rn9IRHT.png

Due to the average completion rate almost certainly being lower on PlayStation this number will in reality be a little higher than 7.5m though not by too much as the Steam userbase is almost certainly vastly larger than the PlayStation userbase for this game.

By comparison Divinity Original Sin 2 sold 1m copies on PC in 2 months. So yes BG3 is vastly more successful than any game they made before, but we already knew that.

Last edited:
There it is. I don’t think there’s anything about this company I don’t like. I found the game overwhelming with its choices to the point I had to take a break. I did however make my first character a Drizzt clone and I have zero regrets.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
1.3m players have completed the game. Steam achievements show that 17.4% of players have done this. So total players will be around 7.5m. This gives an average playtime of around 60 hours per player to reach 452 million hours played. Sounds about right.

Rn9IRHT.png

Due to the average completion rate almost certainly being lower on PlayStation this number will in reality be a little higher than 7.5m though not by too much as the Steam userbase is almost certainly vastly larger than the PlayStation userbase for this game.

By comparison Divinity Original Sin 2 sold 1m copies on PC in 2 months. So yes BG3 is vastly more successful than any game they made before, but we already knew that.

Terrance Howard level Maths going on here.

Three

1.3Million players have completed the game. Based on an 11% completion rate for past larian games and steam stats that would mean around 11.8M in sales as a very rough estimate.

Edit: i see that Mowcno Mowcno has already done a much better job of this using the steam stat for this particular game.

Last edited:

Doom85

Rn9IRHT.png

Due to the average completion rate almost certainly being lower on PlayStation

Somebody on gamefaqs posted a screenshot showing 16.7% of people got the gold trophy for finishing the game, so not much lower.

However, on my PS5 it shows that gold trophy is at 12.4% of players got it, so not sure why there’s a difference, but to further complicated the things the silver trophy Hero of the Forgotten Realms which Is basically the “save the world” ending choice is at 14% of players got it, so not sure how that works out.

Regardless, even if the average completion rate of PC players was higher than PS5 players, it wasn’t by a massive amount.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
They will be at around 10 million copies sold.

I guess so and for such a long and complex CRPG it's awesome. It's probably not at 10 millions yet as Larian will certainly brag about it but it will be.

That math is dumb as hell lol

I'm sure it is as 10M+ at this point though, which is very well deserved. Feels like an evergreen game as well, it will always be a regular on those Steam charts.

Top Bottom