• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate III on track for a 2023 release on Xbox - Being Playtested

nowhat

Microsoft should really, really try to get this on Gamepass considering that it's release was hampered by Microsoft's own doing.
They considered it, for $5M (as per the leaked stuff). At this point, they'd have to offer way, way more.

Man...Really, other than continuing to improve performance and bug squashing, the only thing I could ask from this game would be cross-play. It would give so much more life to the title and future potential of it.

Elbereth

They considered it, for $5M (as per the leaked stuff). At this point, they'd have to offer way, way more.
They probably underestimated its impending popularity, (I know I did), but I'm in agreement here. They can and should provide an offer that Larian can't refuse.

Fredrik

I don't like turn based, but I thought I'd still give the game a chance. Other than the combat, it's great.
Fair enough, we all like different things. Turn based battles makes me plan my attacks more, love it, when they’re good they beat real time combat easily in my opinion.

Senua

As long as it comes after The Game Awards. I want the lulz of a (because of series s), playstation timed console exclusive winning GOTY.
90 Day Fiance Jay GIF by TLC

BigLee74

My caveman tastes in video games (bang bang shooty shooty) will stop me from even trying gems like this.

Defo not a turn based combat fan!

I hope all other Xbox gamers enjoy when it comes though!

nowhat

Fair enough, we all like different things. Turn based battles makes me plan my attacks more, love it, when they’re good they beat real time combat easily in my opinion.
And you can get really creative with the environments and such. I watched one interview by WotC, where the interviewer said that the game has had an effect on tabletop players as well - now everyone keeps asking the DM if they can "shove". (and yes, you should always try to shove given a proper opportunity)

Xenon

Sadly the things that everyone praises in this game are what puts me off of it, cutscenes, the voice acting, relationships, and sex scenes. That latter being so cringe inducing. I'll wait for the just shut the hell up and let me play edition.

Fredrik

The combat is some of the best turn based combat in existence.

Play it.
Yeah I’ve seen some videos, I understand from the FFXVI talk that turn based combat isn’t for everyone but for me it seems perfect. Been avoiding looking at it too much though, don’t want to be spoiled. I think it’ll be my Christmas holiday game.

Elbereth

You think MS wants to pay them $50 million now?
I mean, it is Microsoft, whom coffers seem almost endless.

Furthermore, it would probably help promote Gamepass, which we both know they are desperate to move the needle with it further than it has been.

They can definitely leverage it for a marketing campaign.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I mean, it is Microsoft, whom coffers seem almost endless.

Furthermore, it would probably help promote Gamepass, which we both know they are desperate to move the needle with it further than it has been.

They can definitely leverage it for a marketing campaign.

I think Playstation already has the marketing for this game on consoles.

Freeman76

I hope act 3 runs better on xbox, i will literally buy it again if it does, on PS5 it runs like dogshit, screen tearing, frame drops, i was gutted to get that far in the game and then be hit with such a jarring change in performance. Incredible game though

Undisputed GOTY 2023.

The more platforms it reaches, the better. Everyone should play this. Enjoy, Xbox fans.

Should come to Switch 2 next year, as well.

sinnergy

Last edited:
Top Bottom