• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ban request

Faithless83

Banned
Mods deleting posts is no different then what they do in Reeeeeeeee.
BewitchedJubilantBarasinga-size_restricted.gif

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Mods deleting posts is no different then what they do in Reeeeeeeee.
BewitchedJubilantBarasinga-size_restricted.gif
If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

let me try something here

EviLore EviLore DGrayson DGrayson Mod of War Mod of War

I disagree with something you said...
Animation Disagree GIF by Moving Picture Show

I don't know what the subject was about but I have a thought that is contrary to yours,
that is my opinion, err let me think: supose they said Other M was trash I would answer I found Other M was actually an OK game, the story was rubbish but the game was OK, I was entertained (at the time)
one prefers Starwars or Star trek I would say: Star Trek and Star Wars are both good things to watch.

120 FPS, I would say Gameplay over Graphics and Frames per second

Handegg is the best , I would say Rugby is superior to Handegg ?

they claim Gobots are Better than Transformers?
bullshit karl GIF

ok you gone too far there, I mean you are entitled to that opinion but you gone fucking mental or something.

what say you all?

Joey Bosa Video GIF

let's see if I get banned/in trouble or what

try expressing that level or discourse on Reeee see how long your account lasts.

Last edited:

Wohc

Banned
If you dont want to be here just logout and delete it from your bookmarks. I never understood these "ban requests". As if you cant make a brand new account if you wish to come back. All this pompus drama over nothing.
Ban requests are fine, but i guess you could simply PM a mod without that drama show.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
How fulfilling do you think it is to be a mod, exactly?

that depends
between

Lethal Weapon Fuck This Shit GIF

and
it crowd GIF

or (mod is in the middle)
Not Listening Dumb And Dumber GIF

angry arnold schwarzenegger GIF

but at least they don't do this job for only love and a sense of power(trip), I mean it's not like the site is going to be sold for a shed load of money and the owner has a nap and never comes back to explain himself? fucking hell imagine how mental that would be?

happy grumpy cat GIF

Last edited:

Faithless83

Banned
Topher Topher
My bad, there they delete threads too (and ban you) :messenger_grinning_sweat:
The whole point of this is mods deleting posts, I don't see it as a good thing here or there.

If it is against the rules, then fine, if it is an opinion, it is no different than what they do there.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Topher Topher
My bad, there they delete threads too (and ban you) :messenger_grinning_sweat:
The whole point of this is mods deleting posts, I don't see it as a good thing here or there.

If it is against the rules, then fine, if it is an opinion, it is no different than what they do there.

Sure.....I guess the problem here is that we don't know what was said other than "just expressing frustration over the type of superficial responses that clog threads anytime there is a female protagonist that isn't appealing for whatever reasons". Maybe there was more to it than that. Maybe a mod overreacted.

Who knows?

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

jigglet

Banned
If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

let me try something here

EviLore EviLore DGrayson DGrayson Mod of War Mod of War

I disagree with something you said...
Animation Disagree GIF by Moving Picture Show

I don't know what the subject was about but I have a thought that is contrary to yours,
that is my opinion, err let me think: supose they said Other M was trash I would answer I found Other M was actually an OK game, the story was rubbish but the game was OK, I was entertained (at the time)
one prefers Starwars or Star trek I would say: Star Trek and Star Wars are both good things to watch.

120 FPS, I would say Gameplay over Graphics and Frames per second

Handegg is the best , I would say Rugby is superior to Handegg ?

they claim Gobots are Better than Transformers?
bullshit karl GIF

ok you gone too far there, I mean you are entitled to that opinion but you gone fucking mental or something.

what say you all?

Joey Bosa Video GIF

let's see if I get banned/in trouble or what

try expressing that level or discourse on Reeee see how long your account lasts.

agreed this is so far off the mark it's not funny

nikos

Complaining about moderation earning you Gold should speak to how nice of a community we have here.

Either that, or we've gone soft. Axe him.

nemiroff

Gold Member
This is my ignore list

That's right, I wear big boy pants!
I too can tolerate difference in opinion, but I had a 500-person long ignore-list a while ago as an experiment to see if I could make the forum more readable. And it actually worked well in that regard. HOWEVER, it turns out that when you put tiny brained people on ignore it also hides their new topics/threads that other bigger brained people post in.. So it wasn't really working out after all. In the end I completely emptied the list. That's the way it has to be, but I do miss not having to wade through crap to get to the good stuff.

Last edited:

Faithless83

Banned
Sure.....I guess the problem here is that we don't know what was said other than "just expressing frustration over the type of superficial responses that clog threads anytime there is a female protagonist that isn't appealing for whatever reasons". Maybe there was more to it than that. Maybe a mod overreacted.

Who knows?

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live
Exactly, we won't know because a MOD deleted the post, which caused the whole mess in the first place.

See? It's not rocket science. But a lot of geniuses here are seeing "some attention whore" the thread.
So yeah, it's exactly what Reeeee does, minus the ban.
Gaf can't afford banning people left and right, because their user base is not what it was in the past.
They were begging for support not long ago.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Exactly, we won't know because a MOD deleted the post, which caused the whole mess in the first place.

See? It's not rocket science. But a lot of geniuses here are seeing "some attention whore" the thread.
Gaf can't afford banning people left and right, because their user base is not what it was in the past.

No, what caused this "whole mess" is the OP overreacting. Either way, I disagree that "it is exactly Reee does, minus the ban". The ban is what makes the difference particularly huge.

Faithless83

Banned
No, what caused this "whole mess" is the OP overreacting. Either way, I disagree that "it is exactly Reee does, minus the ban". The ban is what makes the difference particularly huge.
Geez, I thought I was quite literal on my phrasing of the situation, yet you still managed to fail seeing the point.
What Reeeee does is not allowing an opinion other than "the message" being published there.
On this particular case, it is exactly what happened, minus the ban.

If no post was deleted, no "overreacting" would take place
, the end.
"The ban is what makes the difference" hence me saying "minus the ban".
Why no ban? Because gaf can't afford it.

Stop trying to put this on the OP, the mod is wrong on this one and we won't know who it was either. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I too can tolerate difference in opinion, but I had a 500-person long ignore-list a while ago as an experiment to see if I could make the forum more readable. And it actually worked well in that regard. HOWEVER, it turns out that when you put tiny brained people on ignore it also hides their new topics/threads that other bigger brained people post in.. So it wasn't really working out after all. In the end I completely emptied the list. That's the way it has to be, but I do miss not having to wade through crap to get to the good stuff.
I enjoy seeing how stupid people are, it's entertaining.
As for mods deleting post.
I can understand why they would do that.
Removing a post or two because the post is guaranteed to be quoted multiple times and will go off topic with a back and forth argument over something stupid.....is moderation

Faithless83

Banned
I enjoy seeing how stupid people are, it's entertaining.
As for mods deleting post.
I can understand why they would do that.
Removing a post or two because the post is guaranteed to be quoted multiple times and will go off topic with a back and forth argument over something stupid.....is moderation
I enjoy seeing how people think, even the stupid ones. You may even ended up learning something useful from someone you don't agree with.
Deleting a post because it will "trigger people" is just lazy moderation.

Getting offended by someone/something online is the equivalent of seeing dog shit on the floor and instead of avoiding it, you grab it and rub it on your face.
It's a choice.

Topher

Gold Member
Geez, I thought I was quite literal on my phrasing of the situation, yet you still managed to fail seeing the point.
What Reeeee does is not allowing an opinion other than "the message" being published there.
On this particular case, it is exactly what happened, minus the ban.

If no post was deleted, no "overreacting" would take place
, the end.
"The ban is what makes the difference" hence me saying "minus the ban".
Why no ban? Because gaf can't afford it.

Stop trying to put this on the OP, the mod is wrong on this one and we won't know who it was either. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

No, I understand your point fine. I simply don't agree with the angle you are taking on it. Deleting posts is part of what mods do when it is necessary. Obviously the mod thought it was. How you have determined the mod is wrong here, I have no idea. My point is simply that deleted posts is nothing worth getting this upset about. If you think think the OP is rightfully pissed then fine. We can just disagree.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I enjoy seeing how people think, even the stupid ones. You may even ended up learning something useful from someone you don't agree with.
Deleting a post because it will "trigger people" is just lazy moderation.

Getting offended by someone/something online is the equivalent of seeing dog shit on the floor and instead of avoiding it, you grab it and rub it on your face.
It's a choice.
GIF by Giphy QA

Faithless83

Banned
No, I understand your point fine. I simply don't agree with the angle you are taking on it. Deleting posts is part of what mods do when it is necessary. Obviously the mod thought it was. How you have determined the mod is wrong here, I have no idea. My point is simply that deleted posts is nothing worth getting this upset about. If you think think the OP is rightfully pissed then fine. We can just disagree.
If it's not against the rules, why delete it in the first place? Deleting an user opinion is not healthy for the forum and it's what happens in Reee.
"We can just disagree." and that's the beauty of it.
But let's say instead the mods choose to delete my post because it's likely dragging the discussion on/will trigger someone?

Probably (since we can't know for sure) is what happened with the OP post.
I would be pissed, not making a thread pissed, but pissed anyway.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I also like to add that in all my years here with the exception of when we had RE Mods here just before the purge, I have never been banned/warned or had any posts deleted.....to my knowledge 🤔
If that's happening to you then....I mean I don't exactly set the bar high 😂

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I also like to add that in all my years here with the exception of when we had RE Mods here just before the purge, I have never been banned/warned or had any posts deleted.....to my knowledge 🤔
If that's happening to you then....I mean I don't exactly set the bar high 😂
perry cox scrubs GIF

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

They were begging for support not long ago.
We can afford to lose one, though

Top Bottom