• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2 had me at hello.

Hajaz

Optimistic said:
Yep, I have similar specs (slightly faster cpu, less ram, same videocard), and it runs well on the lowest settings (doesn't look much better than the original but still :lol ), but if I push it onto high it starts getting very choppy. The gameplay's still there though but...I was hoping it would run better due to how great HL2/CS:S looks on my computer (yeah yeah, way smaller map and less on screen but still), but no dice...

um.
you do know that HL2/CSS run in DX8.1 Mode on the Geforce FX series cards right? Valve forced it this way because the FX' dx9 capabilities were considered insufficient.
(the FX turned out to have only 4 pipes after NV announced it had 8 blahblah)

pjberri

Crotchety Old Man
UltraMagnanimous said:
This game is stunning, I've been playing it every evening since the demo came out. And thats the amazing thing - this is just a one map demo. The full game is going to be spectacular. Well done DICE, this game wasn't even on my radar 5 days ago... now I'm gonna get it and any 'milking it' expansions EA can conceive of. Bye bye Counterstrike: Source, your reign is over.
Wait on the expansions, nobody plays the shitty 1942 expansions, the standalone game is awesome enough.

Hajaz said:
um.
you do know that HL2/CSS run in DX8.1 Mode on the Geforce FX series cards right? Valve forced it this way because the FX' dx9 capabilities were considered insufficient.
(the FX turned out to have only 4 pipes after NV announced it had 8 blahblah)

No, I didn't know that. And now that I do I don't know what it means. I'm not much of a pc geek, I don't know shit about graphics cards etc... :)

Top Bottom