• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League |OT| Sent to Die

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
wallpaper-t-landscape.jpg

Release date: February 2nd, 2024 (Standard Editions) January 30th, (Deluxe Editions)
Platforms: PC, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5
Developer: Rocksteady
Publisher: Warner Brothers
Pricing: $69.99 USD standard, $99.99 USD Deluxe. (See FAQ for pre order bonuses, and more)

What is Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League?

Easily the most hyped game of the last decade. It's been heralded as game of the year any year it comes out. A tour de force in gaming and a complete game changer.

giphy.gif

From Rocksteady Studios, the creators of the Batman: Arkham series, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is a genre-defying third-person action shooter where the ultimate band of misfits must do the impossible to save the world: Kill the Justice League. Join the newly “recruited” members of Amanda Waller’s infamous Task Force X (aka the Suicide Squad), Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang and King Shark, as they set out on an impossible mission to Kill the Justice League. Drop into an expansive and dynamic open-world Metropolis ravaged by Brainiac’s invasion and terrorized by the heroes who once protected it.
Each Squad member brings their own traversal mechanics to help them navigate a sprawling and battle-torn Metropolis, combining free-roaming exploration and combat verticality for an unforgettable experience. Players are free to experiment with a variety of different play styles to unleash maximum damage on their enemies. Whether in single player or online with up to three of your friends, players can take on this suicide mission their own way.

Post-launch, players can expect a continuously evolving Metropolis with free new playable villains, environments, weapons, in-game events, and more, all included with purchase of the base game.

Alright, Alright, Show Me Some Gameplay:

Traversal_2.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Give Me a Little More on Story and Cast:

ss_2a0efefd5449c4048f5eca03f62d38069236e85f.1920x1080.jpg

Meet the Squad:

SSKTJL_Intro.gif

Harley Quinn -

fb1981d8772aa89157dbe37909ef09d634445642.gif

King Shark -

6b68447ff863c4eca8a92ff19ec000180eac397e.gifv

Captain Boomerang -

68e5821ba687ce0446aa023adc7e4ab1e4a50583.gif

Deadshot -

wfluuuqwvb3c1.gif

Season 1 DLC Roadmap:

suicide-squad-kill-the-justice-league-roadmap.webp

FAQ:

WHAT TYPE OF GAME IS SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is a new genre-defying third-person action-shooter videogame allowing players to take on the roles of Suicide Squad members Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, and King Shark.
WHO IS DEVELOPING SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is developed by Rocksteady Studios, creators of the critically acclaimed, best-selling Batman: Arkham series.
WHO IS PUBLISHING SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is published by Warner Bros. Games.
WHEN DOES SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE LAUNCH?
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will launch worldwide February 2, 2024, on Playstation 5, Xbox Series X|S and steam, with early access beginning January 30. The game will release on the Epic Games Store on March 5, 2024.
WILL SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE BE AVAILABLE FOR EARLY ACCESS?
Players who pre-order the Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Deluxe Edition on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Steam will receive up to 72-hour early access to the game, prior to the main launch on February 2.
WHAT PLATFORMS WILL SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE BE AVAILABLE ON?
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will launch worldwide February 2, 2024 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Steam, with early access beginning January 30. The game will release on the Epic Games Store on March 5, 2024.
HOW MUCH DOES SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE COST?
The following editions can be pre-ordered now:

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Standard Edition ($69.99 SRP)
  • PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions available physically and digitally; PC version available digitally (Steam and Epic Games Store)
  • Main game features Rocksteady’s world-class narrative storytelling and open-world mayhem, along with a captivating action-adventure shooter experience
  • Post-launch seasonal updates and earnable characters to expand the story with new missions, items, and more, available at no additional cost
  • Access to all seasonal free battle pass tiers (as each becomes available)
  • Four Classic Outfits, one for each Squad member (pre-order bonus/available at launch)
  • Four Rogue Outfits, one for each Squad member (PlayStation 5 digital pre-order bonus only)
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Deluxe Edition ($99.99 SRP)
  • PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions available physically and digitally; PC version available digitally (Steam and Epic Game Store)
  • All Standard Edition content and pre-order bonuses
  • Four Justice League Outfits, one for each Squad member
  • Three Black Mask themed notorious weapons (pistol, sniper rifle, and heavy weapon)
  • Four Squad Golds themed weapon dolls, one for each Squad member
  • One premium battle pass token
  • Four No Shade Outfit color swatches, one variant for each of Squad member (digital versions only)
  • Up to 72-hour early access to the game, prior to the main launch on February 2 (pre-order bonus)

DOES SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE HAVE A PRE-ORDER BONUS?
Yes, all pre-orders (Standard & Deluxe Editions) will receive four Classic themed Suicide Squad outfits, one themed for each Squad member, available at launch. The Classic outfits are inspired by the first DC Comics appearance for each Squad member – Harley Quinn from The Batman Adventures #12 (1993), Deadshot from Batman #59 (1950), Captain Boomerang from The Flash #117 (1960), and King Shark from Superboy #0 (1994). Additionally, pre-orders for the Deluxe Edition will receive up to 72-hour early access to the game, prior to the main launch on February 2. Lastly, PlayStation 5 digital pre-orders (Standard & Deluxe Editions) will receive four Rogue outfits, one for each Squad member.
WHICH ACTORS ARE VOICING THE MAIN PLAYABLE CHARACTERS IN SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?
Harley Quinn is voiced by Tara Strong, Deadshot is voiced by Bumper Robinson, Captain Boomerang is voiced by Daniel Lapaine, and King Shark is voiced by Nuufolau Joel Seanoa, better known by his All Elite Wrestling (AEW) ring name, Samoa Joe.
IS SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE CONNECTED TO THE BATMAN: ARKHAM SERIES?
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League features an original, narrative-driven experience that picks up the story five years after the events of Batman: Arkham Knight. Players who are familiar with the Batman: Arkham series will see some related narrative elements pop up in the game.
CAN PLAYERS CUSTOMIZE THEIR CHARACTER IN SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?
Yes, players can customize their character’s look with new cosmetics, gear, and weapons as they progress through the game.
DOES SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE HAVE A MULTIPLAYER MODE?
Yes, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League can be played solo or with up to four players in online co-op.
CAN PLAYERS SWAP BETWEEN CHARACTERS IN SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?
Players may gravitate towards one character, but they can switch characters whenever they want outside of active combat.
CAN PLAYERS GO THROUGH THE ENTIRE GAME AS THE SAME CHARACTER?
Yes, players can go through the entire game as any of the four main characters
IS THE FULL GAME PLAYABLE SOLO AND IN ONLINE CO-OP?
Yes, the full game is playable either solo or with up to four players in online co-op.
DOES SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE SUPPORT LOCAL CO-OP?
Co-op mode can only be played online with an internet connection.
DOES SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE SUPPORT CROSS-PLATFORM AND CROSS-PROGRESSION PLAY FOR ONLINE CO-OP?
Yes, the game supports full cross-platform and cross-progression play for online co-op.
IS AN INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED TO PLAY SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?
An internet connection will be required to play Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League or via online co-op at launch. However, an offline story mode will be added post-launch in 2024 giving players the option to experience the main campaign without an internet connection. More details will be provided at a later date.
IS SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE CONNECTED TO PREVIOUS DC FILMS?
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League features an original story set in the DC Universe and is not connected to previous DC films.
IS A PLAYSTATION®PLUS SUBSCRIPTION OR Game Pass Core MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED TO PLAY SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?
Neither a PlayStation®Plus subscription nor an Game Pass Core membership is required to play Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League solo on PlayStation®5 or Xbox Series X|S. However, PlayStation®Plus or Game Pass Core is required to play the game via online co-op.
WHAT FRAMERATE WILL SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE RUN AT?
The PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S versions of the game will target 60 FPS (frames per second). PC specifications will be available closer to launch.
WILL SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE HAVE NEW CONTENT AVAILABLE POST-LAUNCH?
Yes, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will have regular post-launch seasonal updates, earnable at no additional cost through playing the game. Updates will include new story content, playable characters, missions, gear, weapons, cosmetic items, in-game events, and more.
WILL SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE HAVE A BATTLE PASS?
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will have a post-launch cosmetics-only battle pass to earn new outfits, emotes, and other items to customize playable characters. A new battle pass will be available during each season of post-launch content and will have free tiers available at no cost to all players, along with premium tiers that will be available via an optional in-game purchase. All battle pass items will be cosmetic and will not affect gameplay in any way.
WILL SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE HAVE IN-GAME PURCHASES?
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will have cosmetic items available for optional in-game purchase that can be used to customize playable characters. Each cosmetics-only battle pass will also have premium tiers that will be available via an optional in-game purchase. All in-game purchases will be completely optional and will not affect gameplay in any way.
WILL SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE HAVE LOOT BOXES?
No, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will not have loot boxes.

Screenshots:

ss_6cf9f98dcf74e2c228b1cdae3bbd38ca754398d3.1920x1080.jpg

ss_fed60f765e3b5facf915d0b70b7a05105aa3525b.1920x1080.jpg

ss_a311fcf871d3c1230e95ecfa59e8c8117163d4b6.1920x1080.jpg

ss_5f5bc65c181fa8458891c9b66f99f5586b6cc866.1920x1080.jpg

Listen, it's no secret this game has amassed a hate boner that is the size of Brainiac's IQ at this point, BUT you may be surprised that some of us ARE buying this game with the intent of having fun. I'm legit excited to play it.

That said, if you pick it up, and want to come shit on it, do it to it boys, but let's keep the driveby shit posting regulated to the eventual review thread that will open up, or separate threads to keep the erect hate targeted. Try to provide somewhat constructive criticism in here and not a "Haha D4 Bad" kind of recycled reddit humor.

Mods are watching...

a5b09cd8e4e6c831aa809e9a21c5f4d1d499d2d7.gif

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Getting Digital Deluxe for Tuesday. May God have mercy on my soul...

Also, this is my first ACTUAL attempt at an OT. The Tekken 8 one was made at an airport since I was bored. Be gentle gang. Hopefully it isn't too image/text heavy.
I say make the questions in the FAQ bold, so it reads better, other than that it's good

Hero_Select

I wish this game didn't end up like this.. because Harley legit seems hilarious and I love King Shark and.. yeah . Such a bummer.

I want to see how the story plays out eventually but I'm waiting for the inevitable game pass version or a reeaallllyyy deep discount which should t take long.

Rocksteady why.

Perrott

Gold Member
Definitely waiting for impressions from the early access people.
It's basically inFAMOUS/Sunset Overdrive/Crackdown.

If you ever liked that style of traversal & combat focused open-world third-person shooters, then this might be for you, as well as if you're into Borderlands-type games.

And unlike any of the aforementioned titles, Suicide Squad will be solid on the narrative front.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
It's basically inFAMOUS/Sunset Overdrive/Crackdown.

If you ever liked that style of traversal & combat focused open-world third-person shooters, then this might be for you, as well as if you're into Borderlands-type games.

And unlike any of the aforementioned titles, Suicide Squad will be solid on the narrative front.

For me ALL I'm expecting is a good fun romp from the campaign. Odds are the side quest content, and end game content, will be extremely repetitive and dull, and that's ok. If this miraculously was a fantastic end game then I'll have a game to come back to, but otherwise I can enjoy 25ish hours I assume of high visuals and likely solid writing.

Luipadre

I’m your space chimp.

I’ll let you know Tuesday evening when I can really sink my teeth into it, but hope to get a few hours throughout the day.

Going PS5.
Nice, i wanna buy it on ps5 too. Played the alpha, but curious how much different the full game will be

Perrott

Gold Member
Also, it seems that this will be one of the best optimized games in ages:
Del Walker said:
This was one of the most well optimized games I've ever worked on. Running at 60fps with 4 playable characters in an open world city is not easy. We had to be careful with every texture size, every polygon, every material draw call.

To give you an idea:
[Deadshot's] buckles once had unique scratches on them, which I ended up removing so I could use the same buckle for both sides, increasing the UV resolution by a few dozen pixels before downsizing the texture page. A lot of care went into optimization.
Peter Dimitrov said:
I remember watching a talk from Rocksteady on how they modified UI creation tooling, bringing a 6-8ms performance gain.I thought it was the coolest thing and I scrolled down to see an uneducated player in the comments ridiculing them for it. One can do so much with 6-8ms.
Anthony Pham said:
I remember the perf testing to hit those levels. This is probably as bad as trying to get VR titles performant.
Jeryce Dianingana said:
45GB for the game. Y'all better enjoy that optimization because Environment and I suffered a lot. I have LOD PTSD for real.

Meanwhile, Helldivers II, another current-gen live-service title that doesn't feature a cutscene-heavy story like Suicide Squad does, seems like it'll require over 100GB of SSD storage, per its PC requirements.

What Rocksteady achieved here is comparable to the insanity that was having Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain take just ~25GB on last-gen consoles, at a time in which similar games were asking for easily double that.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Great title and OT! Especially for a first time! I definitely agree with it being a top 5 title of all time. Hell, if not 3!

This game is so bizarre. I loved the Arkham series, but didn't care at all about Gotham Knights when it dropped. When it was super cheap, I got it, gave it a shot, and quickly put it down. It just didn't stick.

But this, for some reason, interests some part of my brain, and I'm not sure which or why. I'm not the biggest fan of service games, and there's a lot of things about it that just don't fill me with confidence. But I'm still curious about it, and continue to take in the new details on I read about it.

I've been itching for a new game, especially one that isn't too story or campaign heavy. So maybe I'll nab this to check it out on early release. Still debating... 🤔👀

Moses85

wallpaper-t-landscape.jpg

Release date: February 2nd, 2024 (Standard Editions) January 30th, (Deluxe Editions)
Platforms: PC, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5
Developer: Rocksteady
Publisher: Warner Brothers
Pricing: $69.99 USD standard, $99.99 USD Deluxe. (See FAQ for pre order bonuses, and more)

What is Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League?

Easily the most hyped game of the last decade. It's been heralded as game of the year any year it comes out. A tour de force in gaming and a complete game changer.

giphy.gif

From Rocksteady Studios, the creators of the Batman: Arkham series, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is a genre-defying third-person action shooter where the ultimate band of misfits must do the impossible to save the world: Kill the Justice League. Join the newly “recruited” members of Amanda Waller’s infamous Task Force X (aka the Suicide Squad), Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang and King Shark, as they set out on an impossible mission to Kill the Justice League. Drop into an expansive and dynamic open-world Metropolis ravaged by Brainiac’s invasion and terrorized by the heroes who once protected it.
Each Squad member brings their own traversal mechanics to help them navigate a sprawling and battle-torn Metropolis, combining free-roaming exploration and combat verticality for an unforgettable experience. Players are free to experiment with a variety of different play styles to unleash maximum damage on their enemies. Whether in single player or online with up to three of your friends, players can take on this suicide mission their own way.

Post-launch, players can expect a continuously evolving Metropolis with free new playable villains, environments, weapons, in-game events, and more, all included with purchase of the base game.

Alright, Alright, Show Me Some Gameplay:

Traversal_2.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Give Me a Little More on Story and Cast:

ss_2a0efefd5449c4048f5eca03f62d38069236e85f.1920x1080.jpg

Meet the Squad:

SSKTJL_Intro.gif

Harley Quinn -

fb1981d8772aa89157dbe37909ef09d634445642.gif

King Shark -

6b68447ff863c4eca8a92ff19ec000180eac397e.gifv

Captain Boomerang -

68e5821ba687ce0446aa023adc7e4ab1e4a50583.gif

Deadshot -

wfluuuqwvb3c1.gif

Season 1 DLC Roadmap:

suicide-squad-kill-the-justice-league-roadmap.webp

FAQ:

WHAT TYPE OF GAME IS SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is a new genre-defying third-person action-shooter videogame allowing players to take on the roles of Suicide Squad members Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, and King Shark.
WHO IS DEVELOPING SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is developed by Rocksteady Studios, creators of the critically acclaimed, best-selling Batman: Arkham series.
WHO IS PUBLISHING SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is published by Warner Bros. Games.
WHEN DOES SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE LAUNCH?
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will launch worldwide February 2, 2024, on Playstation 5, Xbox Series X|S and steam, with early access beginning January 30. The game will release on the Epic Games Store on March 5, 2024.
WILL SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE BE AVAILABLE FOR EARLY ACCESS?
Players who pre-order the Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Deluxe Edition on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Steam will receive up to 72-hour early access to the game, prior to the main launch on February 2.
WHAT PLATFORMS WILL SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE BE AVAILABLE ON?
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will launch worldwide February 2, 2024 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Steam, with early access beginning January 30. The game will release on the Epic Games Store on March 5, 2024.
HOW MUCH DOES SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE COST?
The following editions can be pre-ordered now:

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Standard Edition ($69.99 SRP)
  • PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions available physically and digitally; PC version available digitally (Steam and Epic Games Store)
  • Main game features Rocksteady’s world-class narrative storytelling and open-world mayhem, along with a captivating action-adventure shooter experience
  • Post-launch seasonal updates and earnable characters to expand the story with new missions, items, and more, available at no additional cost
  • Access to all seasonal free battle pass tiers (as each becomes available)
  • Four Classic Outfits, one for each Squad member (pre-order bonus/available at launch)
  • Four Rogue Outfits, one for each Squad member (PlayStation 5 digital pre-order bonus only)
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Deluxe Edition ($99.99 SRP)
  • PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions available physically and digitally; PC version available digitally (Steam and Epic Game Store)
  • All Standard Edition content and pre-order bonuses
  • Four Justice League Outfits, one for each Squad member
  • Three Black Mask themed notorious weapons (pistol, sniper rifle, and heavy weapon)
  • Four Squad Golds themed weapon dolls, one for each Squad member
  • One premium battle pass token
  • Four No Shade Outfit color swatches, one variant for each of Squad member (digital versions only)
  • Up to 72-hour early access to the game, prior to the main launch on February 2 (pre-order bonus)

DOES SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE HAVE A PRE-ORDER BONUS?
Yes, all pre-orders (Standard & Deluxe Editions) will receive four Classic themed Suicide Squad outfits, one themed for each Squad member, available at launch. The Classic outfits are inspired by the first DC Comics appearance for each Squad member – Harley Quinn from The Batman Adventures #12 (1993), Deadshot from Batman #59 (1950), Captain Boomerang from The Flash #117 (1960), and King Shark from Superboy #0 (1994). Additionally, pre-orders for the Deluxe Edition will receive up to 72-hour early access to the game, prior to the main launch on February 2. Lastly, PlayStation 5 digital pre-orders (Standard & Deluxe Editions) will receive four Rogue outfits, one for each Squad member.
WHICH ACTORS ARE VOICING THE MAIN PLAYABLE CHARACTERS IN SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?
Harley Quinn is voiced by Tara Strong, Deadshot is voiced by Bumper Robinson, Captain Boomerang is voiced by Daniel Lapaine, and King Shark is voiced by Nuufolau Joel Seanoa, better known by his All Elite Wrestling (AEW) ring name, Samoa Joe.
IS SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE CONNECTED TO THE BATMAN: ARKHAM SERIES?
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League features an original, narrative-driven experience that picks up the story five years after the events of Batman: Arkham Knight. Players who are familiar with the Batman: Arkham series will see some related narrative elements pop up in the game.
CAN PLAYERS CUSTOMIZE THEIR CHARACTER IN SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?
Yes, players can customize their character’s look with new cosmetics, gear, and weapons as they progress through the game.
DOES SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE HAVE A MULTIPLAYER MODE?
Yes, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League can be played solo or with up to four players in online co-op.
CAN PLAYERS SWAP BETWEEN CHARACTERS IN SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?
Players may gravitate towards one character, but they can switch characters whenever they want outside of active combat.
CAN PLAYERS GO THROUGH THE ENTIRE GAME AS THE SAME CHARACTER?
Yes, players can go through the entire game as any of the four main characters
IS THE FULL GAME PLAYABLE SOLO AND IN ONLINE CO-OP?
Yes, the full game is playable either solo or with up to four players in online co-op.
DOES SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE SUPPORT LOCAL CO-OP?
Co-op mode can only be played online with an internet connection.
DOES SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE SUPPORT CROSS-PLATFORM AND CROSS-PROGRESSION PLAY FOR ONLINE CO-OP?
Yes, the game supports full cross-platform and cross-progression play for online co-op.
IS AN INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED TO PLAY SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?
An internet connection will be required to play Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League or via online co-op at launch. However, an offline story mode will be added post-launch in 2024 giving players the option to experience the main campaign without an internet connection. More details will be provided at a later date.
IS SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE CONNECTED TO PREVIOUS DC FILMS?
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League features an original story set in the DC Universe and is not connected to previous DC films.
IS A PLAYSTATION®PLUS SUBSCRIPTION OR Game Pass Core MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED TO PLAY SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?
Neither a PlayStation®Plus subscription nor an Game Pass Core membership is required to play Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League solo on PlayStation®5 or Xbox Series X|S. However, PlayStation®Plus or Game Pass Core is required to play the game via online co-op.
WHAT FRAMERATE WILL SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE RUN AT?
The PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S versions of the game will target 60 FPS (frames per second). PC specifications will be available closer to launch.
WILL SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE HAVE NEW CONTENT AVAILABLE POST-LAUNCH?
Yes, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will have regular post-launch seasonal updates, earnable at no additional cost through playing the game. Updates will include new story content, playable characters, missions, gear, weapons, cosmetic items, in-game events, and more.
WILL SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE HAVE A BATTLE PASS?
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will have a post-launch cosmetics-only battle pass to earn new outfits, emotes, and other items to customize playable characters. A new battle pass will be available during each season of post-launch content and will have free tiers available at no cost to all players, along with premium tiers that will be available via an optional in-game purchase. All battle pass items will be cosmetic and will not affect gameplay in any way.
WILL SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE HAVE IN-GAME PURCHASES?
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will have cosmetic items available for optional in-game purchase that can be used to customize playable characters. Each cosmetics-only battle pass will also have premium tiers that will be available via an optional in-game purchase. All in-game purchases will be completely optional and will not affect gameplay in any way.
WILL SUICIDE SQUAD: KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE HAVE LOOT BOXES?
No, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will not have loot boxes.

Screenshots:

ss_6cf9f98dcf74e2c228b1cdae3bbd38ca754398d3.1920x1080.jpg

ss_fed60f765e3b5facf915d0b70b7a05105aa3525b.1920x1080.jpg

ss_a311fcf871d3c1230e95ecfa59e8c8117163d4b6.1920x1080.jpg

ss_5f5bc65c181fa8458891c9b66f99f5586b6cc866.1920x1080.jpg

Listen, it's no secret this game has amassed a hate boner that is the size of Brainiac's IQ at this point, BUT you may be surprised that some of us ARE buying this game with the intent of having fun. I'm legit excited to play it.

That said, if you pick it up, and want to come shit on it, do it to it boys, but let's keep the driveby shit posting regulated to the eventual review thread that will open up, or separate threads to keep the erect hate targeted. Try to provide somewhat constructive criticism in here and not a "Haha D4 Bad" kind of recycled reddit humor.

Mods are watching...

a5b09cd8e4e6c831aa809e9a21c5f4d1d499d2d7.gif

What did WB pay you for this Thread?
Chappelles Show Lol GIF

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I’m your space chimp.

I’ll let you know Tuesday evening when I can really sink my teeth into it, but hope to get a few hours throughout the day.

Going PS5.
You have good taste and gave Wanted Dead a fair shot. So I'm of course looking forward to reading impressions.

I already know the hate is overblown though because I have eyeballs. Looks like a 7 at the worst. Its a big budget open world AAA co-op TPS. Play with friends and I'm sure its fine, even if not revolutionary.

Yamisan

The game will be half off at least in 2–3 weeks. I might pick it up then, but there's a good chance it'll be free soon too.

elbourreau

Seeing the downfall of a major studio (for me at least...) is depressing... 5600 lost jobs (source : twitter industry leads accounts) in video game industry during january and I'm afraid Rocksteady is going to take a pretty serious hit...

Sad Season 3 GIF by The Office

Last edited:

Methos#1975

Seeing the downfall of a major studio (for me at least...) is depressing... 5600 lost jobs (source : twitter industry leads accounts) in video game industry during january and I'm afraid Rocksteady is going to take a pretty serious hit...

Sad Season 3 GIF by The Office
If they aren't closed outright when it flops which I think highly likely

Top Bottom