• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 3 💜 new gameplay trailer

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Looks fantastic. Love that the new character slows down time with a parry like Raiden. Summoning the demons helps distinguish it further from DMC. Same day as RE8 DLC & MW2 though :( I think I'll buy day 1 to support it but can't play until November.

Said it in the Direct thread, I'm not usually one to whinge about Switch hardware, but man... Bayo 3 deserves better.

Folks were playing Shin Megami Tensei V & Metroid Dread upwards of 1080p on Yuzu without too much trouble. Bayo 3 might be a little more intensive but I'm sure it'll Yuzu friendly too.

Reactions: AV

Keihart

dude i'm so hype that this doesn't look as lame as Bayo 2, the new combat mechanics looks so fucking cool.
the new character seems to be a spiritual Raiden gameplay wise too.
and what is going on with the summon being named Cheshire? isn't that how Bayo used to call Luka?

i'm hyped, bayo gets a proper devil trigger and controllable summons!
so hyped.

Fbh

Looks great, easily the best showing of the game so far.
The grey backgrounds are bit underwhelming but they seem to be from early in the game, some of the later stages they show looks more interesting.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Said it in the Direct thread, I'm not usually one to whinge about Switch hardware, but man... Bayo 3 deserves better.

Exactly what I thought when this game was shown (and most other games in the Direct). These jaggy PS3 graphics are not very attractive anymore. I was fine with it five years ago, but now, not really.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Parks And Recreation Gimme GIF

Keihart

The R2 double tap into a demon bound to your weapons seems super fun to explore the stages.
good stuff that is coming out so soon.

Pejo

Best Bayo design yet, but boy do I hate that Viola character. She looks like a western character in a JP character action game, and it's really jarring.

Gameplay looks a little slow for the trailer, but I'm sure it ramps up like past games. This is one of my most hyped upcoming games, can't wait.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Just make this come out on a real console so her booty can have more polygons !!!

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Nah it's still vastly superior to 90% of action games out there.
It got 10/10 scores from many publications that year, and everyone felt it was robbed when it didn't win GOTY over Dragon Age. Not good? It's significantly better than part 1.

Talking about anything Nintendo related on here is always nothing but absurd takes.

Last edited:

ssringo

Gold Member
Still salty that the franchise is stuck on weak Nintendo hardware.

That said it looks way better than I thought it would and I'm very much looking forward to playing it. Day 1.

Keihart

It got 10/10 scores from many publications that year, and everyone felt it was robbed when it didn't win GOTY over Dragon Age. Not good? It's significantly better than part 1.

Talking about anything Nintendo related on here is always nothing but absurd takes.
it got 10/10 because is filled with on rail bosses and you push your way to victory activating that dumb Umbran Climax mechanic.
I love Bayonetta, but the second game is such a dissapointment, i get that the casual crowd ate it up tho, it was a nintendo exclusive and dumbed down the gameplay a lot.

Last edited:

Labolas

Yeah, I really, REALLY liked the second game, 1st game was great but had some jank, especially out of no where QTE.
Eh, I think that 2 is fundamentally a good, but flawed game. It took and changed a lot of mechanics from the first game. Some things like you couldn't juggle enemies without WT, the enemies would randomly interrupt your attacks, making you drop your combos, poorly balanced enemies, how they reworked Witch Time and how the whole game revolved around it, how unbalanced Umbran Climax was.

But that's not too say I think the game's bad because I agree with you guys the game was robbed at the GOTY awards, there were some improvements from 1 to 2 and was easily better than DA: Inquisition. But it is a step down from 1 in a lot of regards.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
One of high points of the direct, even though the full video is on the youtube.

Btw, theres still any argument that this character is not the same one from other Bayonettas?

Keihart

Wow, I am completely shocked and surprised to see this take.
call me a nintedo hater, real colorful.
I guess you enjoy the mindless Umbran Climax spam, random blocks and parries from every enemy and of course, having an on rail fight every 10 fucking minutes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom