• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta/Vanquish PS4/XB1 Remasters |OT| Modern Classics Revisited

decisions

cBVAGnO.jpg

Two of Platinum Game's finest works have been re-released together on modern consoles at a $39.99 price point. Thought I'd make an OT for anyone else replaying these games to discuss them.

Started up Vanquish and got hooked again right away - it's been years since I've played it, 60fps is amazing and really brings out just how mechanically sound this game is. A masterpiece of control. Can't wait to get further into it.

Last edited:
If you have not played these games, you definitely should. These games have both style and substance. Happy to see this combo available to a past and new audience.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
My copy came today in a gorgeous tin. Despite knowing I want to play Vanquish, I’ve never played Bayonetta so just started this evening.

I feel like I’ve taken acid, and I’ve only just beat the first section.

Oh please don’t be like kingdom hearts 3, I want to understand the plot after 12 hours...

skit_data

Sorry for bumping a pretty old thread but I recently bought Vanquish after hearing quite a few people saying it’s an underrated and unique third person shooter.

I overall really like the feel of the combat and I can tell that it’s definitely the type of game that has a pretty high skill ceiling once you start to know the in and outs of controlling the main character.
The only issue I have is that it feels like I barely do any damage at all and I’m squishy AF.

Does anyone have any general tips on how to approach combat/movement?
I started playing on Normal, might it be better to start at a lower difficulty? I don’t really have anything against dying a lot but my first time with the game had me stuck in a tunnel where you’re supposed to protect a vehicle and no matter what I do I just can’t seem to damage the big enemies attacking the vehicle, resulting in mission failure?

Also, I’m playing the PS4 version via PS5 and I just can’t find a good camera/aim sensitivity setting. It’s almost feels like there’s something wierd with how the acceleration works because it constantly feels like the camera is panning way too slow or feels way too sensitive in different situations with the exact same settings. Would be great if someone had figured out a setting that feels better than the default settings.

Edit: Ok, found the boost-kick now, absurdly powerful. I like how there seems to be some seemingly essential moves that are not explained or described anywhere. Been a while since I experienced a game doing that.
It’s pretty frustrating that teammates have collision detection, strange choice for a game that emphasizes mobility and fast paced movement. I get stuck in the NPC team mates constantly and I die.

Last edited:
Top Bottom