• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider I-III Remastered – features detailed, new key art Revealed

FunkMiller

Gold Member
What do we reckon this is going to run like on Switch? I'm travelling a fair bit over the next few months, so that'd be my platform of choice.

Alex11

Looks perfect, this is day 1 for a long time for me.

I hope they don't touch the music, that music theme from the first one is just amazing, conveying a fantastic sense of exploration, solitude and mystery at the same time.
Miss this type of Tomb Raider so much, would trade the new games for this one in a heartbeat.

alf717

What do we reckon this is going to run like on Switch? I'm travelling a fair bit over the next few months, so that'd be my platform of choice.
My hope is 1080P docked and 720P portable with a solid FPS. I worry the Switch will be riddled with performance issues which would really be a let down. Gonna hold off on buying this until its confirm if they run smooth on the Switch or not.

Togh

I don't like the changes in the art direction of the scenery textures, it reminds me of the atrocity that was the Demon's Souls remake made by Bluepoint. It's like they completely ignore what was there, doesn't even try to keep the mood/feeling that the original artist intended and just put something completely random in its place.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Is there any sort of navigational system added? I mean like something really minor like maybe a small arrow at the top of the screen to point you in the right direction (a la original Bioshock). If I remember correctly (and someone please correct me if I’m wrong) there was no map in the original games and the level design was pretty maze like.

Then again I haven’t touched these since the 90s so maybe they was minor assistance in getting around and I just don’t remember.

BigLee74

Is there any sort of navigational system added? I mean like something really minor like maybe a small arrow at the top of the screen to point you in the right direction (a la original Bioshock). If I remember correctly (and someone please correct me if I’m wrong) there was no map in the original games and the level design was pretty maze like.

Then again I haven’t touched these since the 90s so maybe they was minor assistance in getting around and I just don’t remember.

Not something I would want to use. Half the fun in the original games was the exploration. I’ll never forget the feeling of euphoria I had when I finally discovered that missing third cog in TR1!

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
puke GIF
They kept her boobs

This deserves praise

I am that shallow.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Not something I would want to use. Half the fun in the original games was the exploration. I’ll never forget the feeling of euphoria I had when I finally discovered that missing third cog in TR1!

Oh I don’t doubt it I was just curious. I’ll def be picking it up regardless as long as Aspyr didn’t turn it into a trainwreck. So far so good it seems.

Last edited:
Oh I don’t doubt it I was just curious. I’ll def be picking it up regardless as long as Aspyr didn’t turn it into a trainwreck. So far so good it seems.
The OG TR games didn't have any form of guidance. It's all about memorising locations. And im all for that. :)
Getting lost was part of the whole exploring experience. Not like the TR games of now. Which are still good, but nowhere near the challenge the old TR were.

Can't wait for this and hear Nathan McCree's composition again in the main menu!

Last edited:
Top Bottom