• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beetlejuice 2 is a go - Keaton and Ryder signed on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Might not be happening after all:

http://www.showbizspy.com/movies/beetlejuice-part-2-rumors-confirmed-tim-burton/

UPDATE – A rep has gotten in contact with us and stated “Tim Burton did not confirm Beetlejuice 2 as the movie is not in development. Tim’s focus is entirely on Miss Preegrine’s Home For Peculiar Children set for a September 30 2016 release and developing Dumbo“. That is all fine and we complied with the reps request to post their comment, however we did not say it was in development. We would also like to note that Warner Bros. hired writers David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith to work on a sequel, and over the past year, both Ryder and Keaton have confirmed their participation according to Variety. So, it would seem there is something fishy going on here.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3382967/breaking-tim-burton-confirms-beetlejuice-2-is-a-go/

Tim Burton confirmed it:

The film is a go and has been approved by the Warner Bros. team, we have talked with the cast members we wanted for the film and they are all on board, this includes both Winona and Michael. We have the script in hand everything is in place all we need to do now is get ready to start filming.

Tentatively great news...hope Burton still has that particular style of weirdness intact. Please try and keep Depp and Helena Bonham Carter out of it...

Acorn

We all know Depp and Bonham Carter will be in this. Don't delude yourself.
Urghhhhhhhh

Fuck Bonham Carter, she turns me off every movie she is in for some reason. Depp is ok in character roles outside disney and Burton.

obin_gam

Birdman-02-610x329.jpeg

When I saw a commercial for My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 it got me thinking that taking a significant period of time off could benefit a sequel instead of sacrificing quality to rush a film out while it's at its peak popularity. Are there any successful sequels with massive time off that aren't franchises or reboots?

When I saw a commercial for My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 it got me thinking that taking a significant period of time off could benefit a sequel instead of sacrificing quality to rush a film out while it's at its peak popularity. Are there any successful sequels with massive time off that aren't franchises or reboots?
The Color of Money? Aliens (wasn't a franchise at the time)?

Terminator 2 might count seeing as how cameron wanted it to end there.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

Alien to Aliens: 7 years.
The Terminator to Terminator 2: 7 years.
2001 to 2010: 16 years.
Tron to Tron Legacy: 28 years.

Poona

Great news. It's a great role for Michael Keaton as well as due to the makeup he wears you won't really be able to tell he has aged.

jelly

I haven't seen Winona Ryder in years, when she shop lifted or Girl Interrupted.

Yeah, Tim Burton absolutely sucks now but apparently that Alice film made stupid amounts of money so I guess WB feel it's worth giving him more.

botty

Banned
Super cool. Michael Keaton is becoming A list again... It's so crazy to see :)

I can't imagine this movie without Catherine O Hara for some reason

Ahasverus

Yessssss do it do iiiit.

Wynona is one the most hauntingly beautiful women, so glad to see her back. Beetlejuice is the goat Burton movie.

I don't know how to feel about this. Excited but at the same time we'll see, the first one is a damn classic.
The only bad thing is you waste a bit of money on a movie ticket.

I view reboots and reignitions as an opportunity to collect the merchandise and material from the originals that will no doubt flood the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom