• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beetlejuice 2 is a go - Keaton and Ryder signed on

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

With Burton, Keaton, and Ryder on board, i'll watch this.

I don't think it'll be great, but I don't think it'll be bad either.

News like this is why I'll always give Bob Gale and Robert Zemeckis respect for holding back from letting anyone else reboot BTTF until they're cold carcasses are in the ground. Fight the good fight Bob and Rob.

Enilced2

News like this is why I'll always give Bob Gale and Robert Zemeckis respect for holding back from letting anyone else reboot BTTF until they're cold carcasses are in the ground. Fight the good fight Bob and Rob.

I don't see how that and this are related in anyway

What? How did this happen and I didn't know about it? Loved that show when I was a kid, best thing on tv.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mysterious_Cities_of_Gold_(2012_TV_series)

If you're in North America its a bit of a pain to track down the episodes (Europe and Japan only at this point). Still, enough internet hunting and you can find it.

There is an English (UK) dub that isn't awful (though a bit jarring if you're used to the original...the kids' voice actors are all adults now, so that wasn't going to happen anyway). It is a shame that the original Mendoza VA didn't/couldn't com back, though.

Red Devil

Never really been a fan of the Beetlejuice movie, however it gave us a very decent and somewhat underrated animated series.

With the make up and Keatons acting ability I do have high hopes. Character wouldn't be that different. Hopefully the movie makes sense and they keep beetle juice as a loner and not super befriended.

If they start throwing cg characters every where it would be over for me but hopefully not.

I think Lydia would more than likely be married with kids. Hopefully can find some goofy people to good on like the original.

Wo during if Lydia would die and they have a new family?

Same house would be interesting.

Beetle juices number being called and all those years passed would be good. Then I guess they close for a holiday once every 30 years or something and ask him to come back.

The movie had many nice small touches though. The flat man. Football team and such

Depp rocks but people are jumping the gun on assuming that he'd sign up for this

As much as I'd love for him to be lydias husband (dat Edward scissorhands reunion) they had a really bad breakup back in the day. I don't think it would happen. Plus burton and bonham Carter split too so who knows about her making recurring appearances anymore

Too bad about the thread update. I loved the hell out of the first and with Keaton and Ryder on board I was a bit more optimistic about this sequel

Depp rocks but people are jumping the gun on assuming that he'd sign up for this

As much as I'd love for him to be lydias husband (dat Edward scissorhands reunion) they had a really bad breakup back in the day. I don't think it would happen. Plus burton and bonham Carter split too so who knows about her making recurring appearances anymore

Too bad about the thread update. I loved the hell out of the first and with Keaton and Ryder on board I was a bit more optimistic about this sequel
No reason why they would even need Depp, but his dry calm personality is a great fit. Could have them be the new ghosts as well. The original two were sort of serious as well.

I would miss all the other characters but I imagine most are too old, not sure. Forgot thier names but the husband, fat man were also pretty good. I think the make ghost was more important, but the family sold it the best to me.

Hex

Banned
Seriously can't wait for this.
Keaton is gold, glad Wynona is on board and Burton is still there.
Big Eyes was great and when he is doing something he wants to do he does better.
This could make a great return to form.

“So much of it was improvised and so much was beautifully handmade by the artist that is Tim Burton. If you can’t get close to that, you leave it alone.”
Fuck I wish Hollywood programming execs would lay off the coke and actually listen to this logic. I know, I know, greed is good, etc.

From Slash:

Variety asked Keaton whether he knows anything about Beetlejuice 2, and he gave a straightforward response: “No. Zero. You always hear things, that this is happening, and people seem to know more about it than I do.” He added that as much as he loves Beetlejuice, “it’s possible that ship has sailed.”

Not completely dead but yeah, not looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom