• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berzerk: Recharged coming soon from Atari

Agent X

You had to figure this would be coming, now that Atari owns the rights to Berzerk.

Atari has announced Berzerk: Recharged, which they intend to release on PC, Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Atari VCS later this year. Here's a link to the announcement on Atari's site:

In this reimagining of the 1980 arcade classic, Berzerk: Recharged challenges you to fight your way through a deadly maze filled with waves of menacing, vocal robots. Deft twin-stick control and power-ups are the only way to survive, as you shoot your way through room after room in this never-ending dystopian maze. And don’t forget, Evil Otto may have a smile on his face, but he is deadly and invincible.

As with all Recharged games, you can chase a high score in arcade mode, or take on one of the many challenges the design team has hand-crafted to test your shooting and dodging skills. If things get too hard, you can always grab a friend to double your firepower in local- co-op.

Megan McDuffee’s original soundtrack of sci-fi synths captures the ambiance of a harrowing space station shootout – and a very cool 80s arcade.

You can view the trailer here:

If you crave more Berzerk fun, but in a little more "retro" sense, then don't forget about their upcoming Berzerk: Enhanced Edition cartridge for the Atari 2600, coming in November.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I'm ok with this. I've generally enjoyed the Atari recharged titles. They're good pick up and play games on Switch. Plus Berzerk is one of my favorite old school arcade games. I'll buy this for Switch.

Deerock71

I'm ok with this. I've generally enjoyed the Atari recharged titles. They're good pick up and play games on Switch. Plus Berzerk is one of my favorite old school arcade games. I'll buy this for Switch.
I couldn't have typed it better myself.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
A Little neat info… because of how the Atari works by reusing the 2 sprite registers while the scan line travels down the screen … no two enemies were ever on the same scan line in bezerk on the 2600.

A26_01.gif

Top Bottom