• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Athlon XP FSB400 board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

I hate Asus and my A7N8X Deluxe. It runs the CPU too hot to begin with, even Bartons (meanwhile my MSI board runs a barton CPU about 15-20 degrees cooler.) Anyway, I also need to stop using this board because even though Asus says PCB 1.04 boards will support 400FSB with a bios update, it doesn't; it isn't stable at all. Reboots constantly. It's not just my board, I've talked to other people on forums that owned the board and ran into the same problem. It's a known issue. So my locked Barton 3000+ is useless until I get a good board.

I'm using 512MB of Kingston ValueRAM PC3200 memory, 3-3-3-8 (set at 2.5-3-3-8 though, surprisingly it works error-free). I plan to get another one so I can have a gig of ram again. I've read nothing but good things about Soltek motherboards for Barton CPU's. But nForce boards are extremely picky when it comes to memory. So I figured I'd ask my fellow geeky gaffers about this before I continue researching. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom