• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best baseball game for Xbox?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Not for me, a friend of mine whom is a total baseball slut just bought an Xbox and called to ask me which he should get. I shrugged and told him I would get back to him about it.

Musashi? Andy Douche? I call upon thee fellow GAFFERS, what should he buy?

D-Back

MVP would be his best bet. MLB 2k5's presentation is unmatched, but the gameplay just isn't there this year.

Brandon F

Does MLB have a 'crib' feature? I'm almost compelled to tell him to go that route if it meant I could play Panzer Dragoon pinball or Sonic airhockey when I am forced to endure a session of the game myself.

FightyF

Banned
Get MVP.

ESPN should be dirt cheap though, and if he really is a baseball slut he wouldn't mind picking this up for cheap. It was Kush's first baseball game and you can tell. The graphics and presentations are awesome, but the gameplay needs more refinement.

Brandon F

If it makes any difference, the man is from NYC and happens to be a massive Mets geek. I'll tell him MVP is the way to go though, but which has the superior stadiums and such?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Brandon F said:
If it makes any difference, the man is from NYC and happens to be a massive Mets geek. I'll tell him MVP is the way to go though, but which has the superior stadiums and such?

I think MLB has the Met stadium celebration (I could be wrong) down pat, but the gameplay in MVP is SOOOOOOOOOO much better than playing for more than a few games would lead any baseball fan to get MVP. It's one of the better console baseball games ever made.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Jack Random said:
It's hard for me to admit it, given my personal fealings about EA, but MVP is the best one currently available.
I'd say the same here. I wouldn't have minded if ESPN bought any other license but the MLB one. That was the only sports game EA did damn near perfect....

DCX

DCX
ESPN isn't that bad...it isn't that great either but i don't feel like i wasted $20 on it though....

DCX

DCX said:
ESPN isn't that bad...it isn't that great either but i don't feel like i wasted $20 on it though....

DCX

I feel pretty much the same. I still play at least a game a day for my season. I have the settings perfectly for a great sim style game.

Now granted the superman infielders do bug the shit out of me though. It's TOUGH to his something out of the infield.

Top Bottom