• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sarah Bond “Every screen is an Xbox" - and greater ambitions of becoming the number one cross-platform gaming company

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
EIKfs2f.jpg

“Ready captain!”…

Cannot choose… these two images are also really good:

9ax9y1n.jpg
9IOwObQ.jpg

Last edited:

Fabieter

No matter what they are doing today. It will be no shock for me. They were really clever to do the podcast after the sony finance calls. I bet they knew what was coming.

Ar¢tos

Why they show Palworld in internal meeting…do I smell another acquisition? Maybe they can buy what’s left from embracer and give me another Deus ex game? if they want to become biggest publisher they need more studios /s
Buying a studio because of a relatively short success of a single game in Early Access doesn't seem like a very wise and pondered decision, so I expect MS to buy it as soon as possible!

Last edited:
The sheer balls of MS right now is laughable.

"Every screen is an Xbox" Ehhhhhhh..... NO ITS NOT.

It CAN be an Xbox if you can find the playerbase. You know, the one you willingly shafted by not saying a word.
Every screen COULD have been an Xbox if people were inticed to try it.

But my educated guess is that they already lost a huge chunck of potential "Xbox Screens" by treating the gamers the way they did.

I have 4 screens and NONE will be an Xbox.

Suck my balls, Mrs. Bond

Orbital2060

Wouldn't even surprise me, although kicking Spencer out when he has just realized his vision of Xbox after all those years seems weak.
Women can be tough as nails in business, and she seems well educated too.
Dude keep her away from anything gaming related, she doesnt have a clue. A great executive yeah but thats the last thing you want as CEO for a gaming company. You need someone who actually plays games and know whats going on.

SSfox

I thought I had a PS5. Just recently played Demon Souls and Genshin Impact and I bet those aren't even in Xbox

SSfox

Remember how people used to call video games at one time 'Nintendo,' even if it was not a Nintendo system, they want that notoriety so damned bad. And will cringe PR speak it ad nauseum.

Just because you say, "eVeRy sCrEeN iS xBoX," doesn't make it so.
Yeah this cringe and arrogant. Imagine tomorrow BMW say "every car is a BMW", like WTF, but doesn't surprise me from a corp that all they dream for is monopoly

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I do think Phil will be stepping down.

XBox has been such a fuck up that someone has to be the fall guy, and no one is more to answer than our Philly boy. He tried, but it didn't resonate with the people, so I think he is out and our Bond is in! 007 BBE

Orbital2060

XBox has been such a fuck up that someone has to be the fall guy, and no one is more to answer than our Philly boy. He tried, but it didn't resonate with the people, so I think he is out and our Bond is in! 007 BBE
Phil Spencer has done a great fucking job at turning Xbox around from the One disaster era. So many things got done during his time, from Minecraft to a bunch of Japanese games launching day 1 on game pass, updating services, customer convenience. The guy is a fucking hero in my view, with all the stuff that he has pushed through to make Xbox a better platform. I hope he stays in place for a long ass time, yet.

II_JumPeR_I

I am the only one who cant stand her?
She came out of the blue and some folks praise her for whatever unknown reason.
Cant wait for all the cringe later today from her and uncle Phil.

Reaseru

No it isn't. Not everything is a Netflix. A Samsung smartphone is not a android. A application is not a production, it's a service...no matter how much they try to spin it.

Last edited:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
After Sony's results and prediction of less PS5 sales moving forward, I think MS is actually still in a decent position. Consoles are not a growth market.
You mean after expecting 21 million consoles sold instead of 25 million? Yes, PS5 sales will start to decline since this is now year four and it just passed its peak (which is typically years 3 or 4 for a PlayStation), while still selling very well.

Last edited:
I am the only one who cant stand her?
She came out of the blue and some folks praise her for whatever unknown reason.
Cant wait for all the cringe later today from her and uncle Phil.

I don’t like any of them. They’ve been praised for doing a poor job with the console. At times it’s more about them for people than the actual games . Stinks.

Last edited:

midnightAI

He'll announce that he hears you and that an announcement on his future will be made soon... then you'll have to wait 5 years for a non response.

Lunarorbit

This is so boring. How about make some games dipshits. No one cares or wants your pr speak.

Xbox tried this shit already with Brian Urlacher years ago. You're plans have failed spectacularly.

MilkyJoe

I can't find this searching titles, did you guys catch this?

The interim boss at PlayStation has said he wants to be ‘aggressive’ in improving the company’s margins, by making PS5 games multiplatform.

As rumours circulate around a potential multiplatform future for Xbox, it seems Sony is considering a similar strategy.

During a Q&A for Sony’s Q3 2023 earnings call, Sony president Hiroki Totoki, who is the current chairman of the gaming division, after Jim Ryan announced his retirement, spoke about how he was seeking to boost profits by putting more first party games on other platforms.

Last edited:
I can't find this searching titles, did you guys catch this?

The interim boss at PlayStation has said he wants to be ‘aggressive’ in improving the company’s margins, by making PS5 games multiplatform.

As rumours circulate around a potential multiplatform future for Xbox, it seems Sony is considering a similar strategy.

During a Q&A for Sony’s Q3 2023 earnings call, Sony president Hiroki Totoki, who is the current chairman of the gaming division, after Jim Ryan announced his retirement, spoke about how he was seeking to boost profits by putting more first party games on other platforms.

I wouldn't read too much into this…

DryvBy

How in the world are people so delusional that they think Xbox will continue traditional console hardware after this gen? They might making a Gamepass streaming unit but Jman other box? Exclusives help sales of hardware. With that missing, why would anyone buy an Xbox? I wouldn't buy a Switch 2 if Noiintendoo went third party.

Top Bottom