• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best UT2k4 mods?

Dilbert

I know we had a thread a little while ago about all the mods that people were releasing...but which ones are actually GOOD?

I downloaded and enjoyed Jailbreak quite a bit. (The GA game the other night was a blast!) I'm not interested in Alien Swarm at this time (sorry, Ferrio) -- the word on the street is that it's hard as hell, and that kind of game isn't normally my thing anyway. Other than that, I haven't investigated any of the mods since I'm waiting for hands-on reviews.

Any suggestions? Also, any good maps to get, other than the (outstanding) CBP2 map packs?

One last tidbit: The TERRIFIC techno used in some of the CBP2 DM levels can be downloaded for free from http://www.unclebobworld.co.uk/music.asp. Soeren, The Freek, and (my absolute favorite) Sunkissed are all used in CBP2 Volume 2, but they are just begging to be put into your favorite trance mix! (Sunkissed is the music from DM-TensileSteel, which is a pretty frickin' impressive level by itself. The music is just gravy.)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Where do I get the CBP2 maps? I saw you playing and wanted to join, but the maps were too big to get through the UT interface.

The Jailbreak game last night was nuthin compared to the one from the night before. Guess no one wanted to come out and play. :( It's my favorite mod at this point but I've only played three of them (Alien Swarm and Red Orchestra being the others). ;p I want to try out Air Buccaneers and Frag Ops soon.

Did you notice we use the same skin? I think that's why we both rock so much.

neptunes

look for arghh....

Seneca College (a shool near my house)which I don't attend, developed it and it won best modded game at the GDC.

attack.jpg

jail2.jpg

sunken3.jpg

Dilbert

Wellington said:
Where do I get the CBP2 maps? I saw you playing and wanted to join, but the maps were too big to get through the UT interface.

Did you notice we use the same skin? I think that's why we both rock so much.

This link lists several sources for CBP2 Volume 1 and 2. Each pack is a big download, but the maps are QUALITY. DM-KillBillyBarn is absolutely hysterical, DM-Reconstruct is unique (disappearing walls and floors that only appear when you step on them), and DM-Tempest is an awesome remake of an old classic.

I've jumped around with some different skins, but I like my current one a lot. I don't know if it helps my AIM any, but at least I look good when I die... ;)

Dilbert

I play mostly Deathmatch these days, and Ratman's UT Server (forget the IP) has both of the CBP2 packs available for voting. In fact, I just got done playing all of the Volume 2 maps...

Dilbert

ut2004://216.193.197.38:7777

The server is in Los Angeles, CA and is extremely low ping for the West Coast. Dunno how good it is for other parts of the country...

aaargh is too buggy to be playable at the moment. I didn't try online so maybe that is playable already but the bots where below c-

Top Bottom