• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda has offered jobs to developers behind a ‘Fallout: London’ mod

Draugoth

Gold Member
fallout-london-hackney-1920x1079.jpg

videogameschronicle.com/news/a-fallout-london-modder-has-joined-bethesda-while-the-projects-lead-has-rejected-a-fallout-job-offer/

Bethesda has hired a senior member of the Fallout: London mod team, while the project’s lead has also reportedly rejected a job offer to work on the series.

In a statement published on Friday, the Fallout: London team said lead technical adviser Ryan Johnson was leaving the project to work at Bethesda as an associate level designer. It wished him well and said Johnson, whose job had been to advise the mod’s level designers, had “helped collate his knowledge into invaluable design documentation so the rest of the team can work on it in his stead seamlessly”.The message also revealed that, following “some very hard soul searching”, Fallout: London project lead Dean Carter had “decided to decline the offer of an industry role” at UK-based Fallout 76 co-developer Double Eleven in order to continue working on the mod “until the end”.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Given the information I'd say the guy took the job after either completing his contributions to the mod itself or left his documentation so the rest of the team will have a general idea of what to do. Props to the mod lead guy for declining as I'm sure that would kill work on the mod really quickly.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
The fella who stayed is probably the smarter one. . .or the biggest gambler. He's definitely banking on this acquisition bringing more attention to the project as well as confident that the finished project itself will be excellent and well received. Probably not bad bets honestly from what we say in that trailer. Hope it works out for them in the end - maybe BETHESDA gets them anyway once this is finished.

Are you saying that she got hired for any other reasons than her raw talent and portfolio of video game writing experiences (not reviews)?

"They're called boobs, Ed." Seriously, what evidence do you have that the story she tells about how she worked her way through the industry is false, and that the industry vets over at SSMS are really just thirst-trapping fools who are willing to sabotage their product just so they can check out some cleavage?

. . .also what does this have ANYTHING to do with the topic at hand (to either this or the comment you're responding to).

Buggy Loop

"They're called boobs, Ed." Seriously, what evidence do you have that the story she tells about how she worked her way through the industry is false, and that the industry vets over at SSMS are really just thirst-trapping fools who are willing to sabotage their product just so they can check out some cleavage?

. . .also what does this have ANYTHING to do with the topic at hand (to either this or the comment you're responding to).

«Meanwhile some other studios are busy hiring youtubers for flagship projects.”

Are you high? It’s not hard to follow

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
«Meanwhile some other studios are busy hiring youtubers for flagship projects.”

Are you high? It’s not hard to follow

I'm am high and no it isn't hard to follow. I know the post you were referring to (which is referenced in the part of my post you bolded). The question was what does the hiring practices of a studio not mentioned in this article. . .have to do with the article beyond an attempt at console and/or culture warring.

Praising Bethesda is warring?

When it's used as a cudgel against a third party not at all involved in the actual topic of the thread. . .I think that is like Console Warring 101.

Laptop1991

All these mods for Oblivion/Skyrim and the Fallout's all seem great, i just wish they would actually complete most of them so we could play them, a lot never actually get finished, as for Bethesda hiring the modders, why does it still take so long for new games to come out, they should hire all of them lol.

This used to be a common practice in the games industry and I'm pleased to see a major developer like Bethesda engage with modders and freelancers. Valve is a good example of a company that got far due to the modding community, with tonnes of indie games being made available on Steam to this day.

Fredrik

While she doesn't play video games, my wife also prefers seeing "good looking women" on TV/movies.
Same here, and she’s a gamer, plus daughter. I don’t understand the trend.
It’s the JRPG kids dressed as adults in skimpy clothes that is the problem. Edit: actually I don’t know this either. I think my daughter would love that, anything overly girly seems to be fine. And hot Lara Croft has never been a problem, wife loved Lara Croft when she was young, pyramid boobs and all lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom