• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better pack-in tech demo: Wii Sports or Astro's Playroom?

Better game?

• Total voters

Boss Man

Tough comparison since there was more to showcase gameplay-wise with the Wii, but had to go with Wii Sports. Both are S-Tier though.

Kuranghi

I don't believe I've ever played Wii Sports in my life, my sister had it for her family though. I may have played it while intoxicated and forgotten though.

I didn't have a Wii when it was popular, I bought one for £15 later on.

Tams

Both are great, but Wii Sports as there's something to want to go back to repeatedly and with others as well as showing off the features.

Astro's Playground is more like Nintendo Land. Astro's Playground shows off the features in a more enjoyable way, but the Nintendo Land is good fun too and has some replayability.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I was crying tears of joy playing Astro.
Dualsense, graphics and all the little throwbacks !

I don't think anyone will play any of these games in the future. But 100% nobody will bust out a will in 2072 to play wii sports lol

sainraja

I enjoyed Astro overall and thought the way it showcases Dualsense was neat. I voted based on my own enjoyment.

Last edited:

Wonko_C

I prefer Astro's play room. If Sony made a full game with proper challenges it in around the core gameplay elements, it would probably among the top games in its genre. Yes, as good or better than 3D Mario games...

But Wii sports was a societal phenomena—That does not make it good, neither are Kinect games.

So Astro.
That already happened a few years ago, it was called Astro Bot: Rescue Mission.

Codes 208

Gold Member
I mean dont get me wrong, playroom was a fun demo but once you beat it theres very little reason to go back, wii sports had multiplayer and by itself was practically worth a wii.

Theres just no comparison.

TexMex

Honestly - never liked Wii Sports. I get the novelty but its popularity was always crazy to me. I fucked with it the first weekend I had my Wii and then never again.

Astro I didn't expect much from but it completely blew me away. It immediately validated my purchase and made me feel a generational leap in the way that I did not feel going from PS3 to PS4.

Wii Sports.

It's still fun, there's a winter festival next weekend and my buddies house where we all stay, we always play Wii Golf. So much fun.

Last edited:

makaveli60

I think I’m in the minority but to me Wii and Wii Sports felt like a cool gimmick for 10 minutes only but Astro’s Playroom amazed from beginning to end.

Top Bottom