• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 Director Suddently Dies at 40

Draugoth

Gold Member
emil-morel-1688585649766.png

Emile Morel, a Ubisoft game designer and creative director for Beyond Good and Evil 2, has passed away at age 40.

The announcement was originally spotted by IGN on LinkedIn, where two individuals that worked with Morel made tributes on the website.

"A cherished colleague for over a decade at Ubisoft Montpellier, we laughed and wept through good times and bad, and shipped a lot great games together," Morel's former colleague M. Gabrielle Shrager wrote on LinkedIn. "Emile was so very proud of Beyond Good and Evil 2, the Space Monkeys and his teammates. He will be sorely missed."

unfortunate. he'd been working at ubi for almost 15 years, & yet, at the time he'd gotten hired, good & evil'd already been around for 6 years...

R.I.P. in peace.

Man, that’s like six years younger then me. I wonder what the hell happened?
I wonder if he was partying to hard and O.Ded? Or was it bad health?

Varteras

Gold Member
Topher Topher 👀

You feelin okay, man? I don't want your geriatric ass dying on me too.

Seriously though. 40? Fuck me, man. I just turned 40 this year. I don't need to be hearing about dudes dropping dead like that. To be fair, though, that shit has happened to people even younger.

I'm sure his friends and family are devastated. You never expect that so young. I hope they find some kind of peace somehow.

RIP. Enjoyed Rayman Legends and was looking forward to BGaE2 if it ever comes out. Sad to see such talent leave this world.

Top Bottom