• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 Director Suddently Dies at 40

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Me too. My heart sank in for a bit until I realized that it was a different guy. Not that it's any less tragic but Michel Ancel's stuff has a special place in my heart.
Rip. And me too. the title make it easy to make that mistake.

Topher

Gold Member
Topher Topher 👀

You feelin okay, man? I don't want your geriatric ass dying on me too.

Feeling good!

Old Man Dance GIF

ududy

Neo Member
Ancel hasn'
Me too. My heart sank in for a bit until I realized that it was a different guy. Not that it's any less tragic but Michel Ancel's stuff has a special place in my heart.
If I remember correctly, Ancel hasn't been part of Ubisoft - or the games industry in general - for a few years now. To all effects and purposes he seems to be retired.

Elysium44

Banned
When a death is announced with "Has passed away" with no cause given I think it's generally understood to mean suicide.

No I don't think that is generally understood at all. It can mean anything, most typically that the cause isn't known yet or simply the family doesn't want it made public as it's none of other people's business.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wildebeest

That's tough. No idea what caused it, but people put their health behind their career in the games industry, and news like this should probably make some people think.

Madonis

That's certainly too young. I won't speculate about unknown information, let the man rest in peace.

I can only hope the game will be released one day in his memory, but I know things are more complicated than that.

Last edited:

CuNi

No I don't think that is generally understood at all. It can mean anything, most typically that the cause isn't known yet or simply the family doesn't want it made public as it's none of other people's business.
To add, even if the cause would be known, i don't think ppl would post it on LinkedIn.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
In the past, the cause of death used to be disclosed in the news, or it would be stated as unknown. It is unacceptable not to mention the most intriguing part of the news.

FeralEcho

rip

seems like an awful lot of young people have been "dying suddenly" over the past couple years
Maybe its a sign of how stressful our workplaces and society has become and something will be done about it...ah who am i kidding...things will go on as usual cuz thats the world we've allowed to become normalized.

Rodolink

An excerpt from Kotaku in back in February "Kotaku also notes that the studio is currently under investigation from local authorities "over an unprecedented number of developers experiencing burnout and going on sick leave."
why even bringing that up I wonder.

RIP he left a very nice legacy behind. 🙏 I hope BG&E 2 becomes a successful reality.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
To add, even if the cause would be known, i don't think ppl would post it on LinkedIn.
Worth noting that this thread has been cleaned up and a lot of anti vax propaganda (including from the post you're replying to) has been removed.

I wouldn't have replied had I not seen people asking if he'd been vaccinated or posting needle emojis. The lack of decency in attempting to use someone's death as a tool to smear a vaccine is beyond the pale.

As I said, I wouldn't have posted what I did had I not seen other posts trying to blame vaccination. Because those posts were removed, and one that quoted my post was edited by a moderator, it may seem that I was idly speculating, apropos nothing, which was not the case.

Last edited:
An excerpt from Kotaku in back in February "Kotaku also notes that the studio is currently under investigation from local authorities "over an unprecedented number of developers experiencing burnout and going on sick leave."
Can we cleanse the world of this cursed project already.

Worth noting that this thread has been cleaned up and a lot of anti vax propaganda (including from the post you're replying to) has been removed.

I wouldn't have replied had I not seen people asking if he'd been vaccinated or posting needle emojis. The lack of decency in attempting to use someone's death as a tool to smear a vaccine is beyond the pale.

As I said, I wouldn't have posted what I did had I not seen other posts trying to blame vaccination. Because those posts were removed, and one that quoted my post was edited by a moderator, it may seem that I was idly speculating, apropos nothing, which was not the case.
there seems to be zero issue with people speculating if it was suicide or a heart attack or stress, but as soon as someone speculates it may have been caused by the elephant in the room the pharma cheerleaders spring into action

Top Bottom