• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biggest. Score. EVER!

Jeff-DSA

After dropping my wife off at the airport (she'll be visiting family in California for a week), I decided that I was going to do nothing but play games, eat pizza, and sleep in for the next 7 days. I also remembered that my Genesis stuff had all been stolen just before we moved, so I figured I'd pick another one up and some games.

I went to local used game shop and found the unbelievable...I'm still in shock of what I was able to make off with.

Here's the list:
-Sega Genesis in original box w/ 3-button controller and Sonic the Hedgehog
-Two 6-button controllers BRAND NEW AND SEALED
-32X w/ Star Wars
-Sega CD
-Sonic CD
-THREE copies of Gustar Heroes NEW AND SEALED
-Ecco the Dolphin NEW AND SEALED
-Sonic 2,3, Sonic and Knuckles NEW AND SEALED
-Eternal Champions NEW AND SEALED

-Super Nintendo in orginal box w/ Super Mario World
-Final Fantasy III NEW AND SEALED
-TWO copies of Actraiser NEW AND SEALED
-E.V.O used, but in original box w/ instructions

-Virtual Boy BRAND NEW AND SEALED
-Red Alert
-Mario's Tennis
-Mario Clash
-Golf
-Panic Bomber BRAND NEW AND SEALED

-Qwirk - possibly the best GameBoy puzzle game ever

-Radiant Silvergun disc only, no scratches ($55)

Here's the total cost: $184.68 w/ tax

Here's the reason: Some guy had just brought in a crapload of BRAND NEW AND SEALED 16-bit era stuff. His store had some legal issues and this stuff had been sitting in storage for almost a decade. He had been unable to sell anything from his store and now a judge just ruled that he could liquidate his stock. He figured it wasn't worth anything now so he just dropped it all off at a local store. The store didn't price new and sealed items as anything more than used items since they were so old, so the pricing is the same.

This is going to be one crazy old school weekend. I might head back there in a couple of hours as they said they had several more boxes to unpack and find the pricing for the items. I don't know what I missed out on, but I'm happy with what I ended up with.

Not sure if I want to eBay any of the Gunstar Heroes copies or if I should keep all three as collector's items. I'm going to pick up a used one somewhere so that I don't open any of them.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Jeff-DSA said:
Not sure if I want to eBay any of the Gunstar Heroes copies or if I should PM Geek and mail him one of my extras. I'm going to pick up a used one somewhere so that I don't open any of them.

Hey, thanks! That's a great idea! I'll just sit here and wait for my PM.

Jeff-DSA

DarkGiygas said:
How much was the FF3 btw?

$30 bucks, that was the 2nd most expensive game out of the lot behind Radiant Silvergun.

When I go back, is there any special requests? I can put a wishlist together and hook some people up (w/o markup).

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Jeff-DSA said:
$30 bucks, that was the 2nd most expensive game out of the lot behind Radiant Silvergun.

When I go back, is there any special requests? I can put a wishlist together and hook some people up (w/o markup).

I'd buy Dragon Force, Saga, basically anything interesting on Saturn from you instantly. I'd prefer cases though. Please.

Hyoushi

leprechaun.gif

:(

Timo

fucking a. i want that gunstar hereoes.

and radiant silver gun.

so this was a ma and pop game shop or a chain? because this is amazing.

Laurent

Finally, a thread title that is actually adequate! Congratulations...

You can sold that Virtual Boy alone on eBay for far more than 200$...

——————

Actually, I don't beleive you! I think we'll need proofs, pictures, receits...

Keep one Gunstar Heroes and ebay the others. You'll still have your collector's item, you'll make some nice cash, and you'll make a couple other gamers happy.

Seth C

I'd be really interested in a Genesis (any model) or Super NES with the box. I keep my boxes, but never had them for those consoles. Also, a working front loading Sega CD would be wonderful.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I find that all hard to believe. Or at least I'll try to convince myself that I find it hard to believe so I feel better.

Good haul man. I can't believe you found FFIII and Radiant Silvergun. That's sick

Also can't believe the jerks that work at that store didn't tell him that half of that crap is worth hundreds.

Johnas

After about three seconds of serious, careful deliberation, I have come to the inescapable conclusion that you are a dirty S.O.B.

Who I would very much like to be at the moment.

As previously mentioned, seriously, post some pics. As well as your address... :)

Jeff-DSA

Pics are coming as soon as my wife gets back from California. She took the camera with her, but if I can borrow a buddy's before then, I'll get the pics up sooner.

I went back and the store owner was being a douche. He had everything unpacked, but wouldn't sell hardly any of it. I guess the guy that had been selling the stuff before the owner came in took some serious heat for not calling and reporting the haul as soon as it happened. He said that it was for his personal collection and eBay. Of what he was still selling I picked up a couple more games though.

I picked up:

-Quakshot NEW
-X-Men (Genesis) NEW

The most painful thing about him not selling the stuff is that he had unpacked a couple boxes of sealed SNES (like 5), Genesis (about 3 or 4), GameBoy (close to 10) and Game Gear (4) systems along with at least 100 new and sealed console games and he had them all out on display just to agonize people. I don't think I'm going back there just out of spite. There are other used game dealers in the area.

There were some old school PC games as well, but I didn't feel like putting forth the effort at getting them to run. Those he was cool with selling, but I wanted more of a console score.

Top Bottom