• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[billbil-kun] The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition is the next free game on the Epic Games Store

Kacho

It's better than Fallout 4... which, I know, is an incredibly low bar but there you go.
Im Not No Way GIF

I mean people on this board trash EGS like plague shit but I genuinely appreciate their giveaways over years, so many good stuff.
Yeah, I have like 400+ freebies on EGS and also a few games that I bought on sale. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

The thing is I don't even play on PC anymore (or at least not for the foreseeable future), but I guess I just like the feeling of pressing that claim button each Thursday when they add new games to the rotation. :p

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
Yeah, I have like 400+ freebies on EGS and also a few games that I bought on sale. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

The thing is I don't even play on PC anymore (or at least not for the foreseeable future), but I guess I just like the feeling of pressing that claim button each Thursday when they add new games to the rotation. :p
I think I now have more games there than on Steam and I've bought almost nothing there.

Sgt.Asher

I got the first release for free (along with Borderlands 3) on EGS from a AMD promotion. Got to the first town and dropped the game, everyone I talked to was insufferable.

Laptop1991

I really like the game, for a AA game, which is what it is, it's great for what it really is, and should never have been compared to New Vegas, i replay it quite a bit. nice giveaway

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I can't disagree more. Fallout 4 wasn't great, but it wasn't insultingly trash like Outer Worlds.
I disagree with this take ironically lol

I thought Outer Worlds had lots of potential and felt fresher than most Beth RPG's. I don't think it's great but I think it's a better game than Fallout 4 or anything Bethesda has put out recently.

Hudo

but it wasn't insultingly trash like Outer Worlds.
For me it was. How the story is actively set up against the open-world and its systems was so fucking amateur that I had to do a double take on who developed that game. The story loses every sense of urgency and pacing ever time it releases you back into the open-world after a story sequence/mission. The world itself is actually actively trying to steer you away from it with annoying bullshit like defending your camps. The Railroad and how its set up at first was cool but completely fizzles out by becoming so inconsequential. Also, the crafting and building goes against everything Fallout in large and Fallout 4 in specific set up: You as the wanderer of the wasteland. Couple that with the usual bugs and systems that feel janky and you've got the worst Fallout game to date (unless you count Fallout 76...). I am also not a fan on Bethesda devolving the combat to what is essentially a mediocre shooter.

Edit: Actually, the only somewhat good thing about Fallout 4 was Far Harbor.

Last edited:

chilichote

I played it two years ago on the PS4. The loading times really annoyed me, but on the other hand it would have been even shorter without it^^

I thought it was okay, not outstanding, but not rubbish either.

Filben

Good game that respects your time and feels more like a CRPG than some other alternatives. Also so many useful skills and even the diplomatic skills can help you in combat which almost always sucks in many games when there are encounters you can't avoid. No combat skills, then? Tough shit. TOW handles this better. That being said I thoroughly enjoyed this game.

On PC the Spacers Choice version gives me better frame pacing than the original. The consistent lighting in dialogues is the biggest plus for me. In the original they always switched to fake dialogue lighting when you talk to an NPC, not representing the gameplay lighting you had that one second before the dialogue. This is now fixed and also the eyes of NPC look way better.

Given how much you talk in this game, this is a huge plus. Minimum requirements, though, are higher. If you have good PC, this should only be an issue if you aim 120fps or more.

Can't say anything about console version, though.

Hudo

and you have some women that don't look like dudes.
That's fair.

But as I said. The bar is incredibly low. Both F4 and The Outer Worlds aren't games I'd recommend, really. So we're basically disagreeing on which piece of shit smells more.

violence

The outer worlds was good till the first zone ended. I say play the first few hours for the humor.

Also, this game was given out free Christmas Day. But I already had the game because it was giving out free once before. So this makes at least three times?

Last edited:
Top Bottom