• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock - Official Thread of horror and awesome and draconian DRM for PC gamers

Buggy Loop

On my 2nd playthrough, i searched gamefaq for a bit of info but couldnt find it, so i'll ask here, can i upgrade my fucking wallet? 500 money limit is a freaking pain in the ass and i see on the money counter that its possible to have 4 digits. So how do i upgrade? I thought i had done pretty much everything in my 1st playthrough but i never found how.

Buggy Loop said:
On my 2nd playthrough, i searched gamefaq for a bit of info but couldnt find it, so i'll ask here, can i upgrade my fucking wallet? 500 money limit is a freaking pain in the ass and i see on the money counter that its possible to have 4 digits. So how do i upgrade? I thought i had done pretty much everything in my 1st playthrough but i never found how.
Not possible, to my knowledge. They probably tweaked the economy of the game up to the very end or wanted to leave their options open for DLC.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Completed it today. Late, I realise, and everyone's already voted it as game of last year, but I thoroughly enjoyed it- embarrassed I didn't pick it up earlier really.

So good, and the story wasn't as naff as I though't it'd be either.

DiddyBop said:
the game arrived today,so tempted to play it but im waiting for my new monitor so i can play it in HD. im sure this will be a good game for my first experience with HD.
Get a nice subwoofer too if possible and crank it up. The wail of the big daddies is awesome.

As long as this thread has re-emerged, I might as well ask:

I got the DLC but never tried it. I played through the game twice back in the summer, on Normal and Hard. How interesting is the new stuff? Just a couple of plasmids and fixed widescreen? Is it worth starting a new game? I loved BioShock but I have a lot of stuff to play and replay right now.

[I guess I should mention part of my interest is because I was convinced all along that BioShock is best played in the winter, when you can better appreciate how very cold it would be in a leaking city at the bottom of the Atlantic.]

Thanks, GAF.

ezekial45

Banned
I started a new game with the DLC. I lost some interest with game, but replaying it has given me a new appreciation for the game. Sonic Boom is really fun to use. I love watching enemies fly back when you use it. I'm really looking forward to whatever else they have intended for the game.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Captain Glanton said:
As long as this thread has re-emerged, I might as well ask:

I got the DLC but never tried it. I played through the game twice back in the summer, on Normal and Hard. How interesting is the new stuff? Just a couple of plasmids and fixed widescreen? Is it worth starting a new game? I loved BioShock but I have a lot of stuff to play and replay right now.

[I guess I should mention part of my interest is because I was convinced all along that BioShock is best played in the winter, when you can better appreciate how very cold it would be in a leaking city at the bottom of the Atlantic.]

Thanks, GAF.

You can throw living people instead of corpses and you can hurt electronic things a bit more. Also the new plasmids are each 1 Adam. Unless the aspect ratio really bugged you, it's not really going to change the experience. At all.

Campster said:
You can throw living people instead of corpses and you can hurt electronic things a bit more. Also the new plasmids are each 1 Adam. Unless the aspect ratio really bugged you, it's not really going to change the experience. At all.

I suspected as much. Thanks.

Davidion

Finally beat this a couple of weeks ago with the "bad" ending and now I'm going through it again cheats ablazing so I can blast through the game and see the good ending. The story was interesting enough despite some of the revelations can be seen coming from a mile away.

Overall, I really enjoyed the experience, it's pretty balanced in terms of combat and story-telling.

JdFoX187

Banned
I got the e-mail back in early/mid December and it said they'd be shipping them out within the week. Still, nothing. I might call 2K Support tomorrow and see if I can get an update. This is worse than the Destroy All Humans fiasco.

Das-J

Law of the West
Ok, I am finally getting back to this game after taking months off and I am current stuck in the theater. When I got to the piano player I instinctively blasted him with 2 heat seeking missiles and there is nothing left. So how the hell am I supposed to take a picture when there is only a f'ing bloodstain.to look at?

Does anyone know what I should do next?

Das-J said:
Ok, I am finally getting back to this game after taking months off and I am current stuck in the theater. When I got to the piano player I instinctively blasted him with 2 heat seeking missiles and there is nothing left. So how the hell am I supposed to take a picture when there is only a f'ing bloodstain.to look at?

Does anyone know what I should do next?

Leave his area and go back, hoping the computer will reset his corpse for you?

Viewt

Finally got around to starting this game. Seems very promising so far, but I'm still pretty early in, so I'm looking forward to what's coming. :)

painey

Hmm, I was so into this game but im a terrible FPS'er and I have to save literally every new room I enter, after I
fucked up andrew ryan
i got to a tricky spot and just havent even touched it in months.. i want to finish but i get scared too easily, especially with respawners.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
To anyone still waiting for their Big Daddy replacement figure... I just got mine in the mail!

They packed it in styrofoam inside a box so it's all in one piece. So I guess they are sending them out, they're just taking their sweet ass time doing it.

BigBoss

I've run into a little glitch. I downloaded the update with the new abilities and a whole bunch of general fixes but the option to disable vitachambers is nowhere to be seen in the options menu. I deleted the update and re-downloaded and I still don't have the option to disable vitachambers. Has anyone else run into this glitch? Any idea what I can do to fix this?

fallengorn said:
To anyone still waiting for their Big Daddy replacement figure... I just got mine in the mail!

They packed it in styrofoam inside a box so it's all in one piece. So I guess they are sending them out, they're just taking their sweet ass time doing it.
Which state do you live in (if you don't mind me asking)?

Also how's the artbook? Some pics would be nice ;)

probune

BigBoss said:
I've run into a little glitch. I downloaded the update with the new abilities and a whole bunch of general fixes but the option to disable vitachambers is nowhere to be seen in the options menu. I deleted the update and re-downloaded and I still don't have the option to disable vitachambers. Has anyone else run into this glitch? Any idea what I can do to fix this?

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=249262&postcount=57

Hey everyone,

This issue seems to be related to downloading the DLC to multiple XBox 360s with the same XBox Live Gold account. The DLC should be available to Silver members as well starting today. If you're seeing this issue, try clearing the cache and hard drive and redownloading the Title Updates and DLC using a separate XBox Live Account account (you can create a free Silver account for this purpose).

Please post if that solves your problem, thanks!

This is what I found via Google.

Quick question... am I supposed to be seeing another achievement slot after downloading the new content? Someone mentioned something about finishing the game on hard without using a vita chamber, but I only see the standard 1k points available.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Psychotext said:
Quick question... am I supposed to be seeing another achievement slot after downloading the new content? Someone mentioned something about finishing the game on hard without using a vita chamber, but I only see the standard 1k points available.

yeah you should see it normally iirc

BirdFlu

Banned
Uh oh, do I have to download the plasmid pack to get my Brass Balls achievement? I started a game on hard and am about halfway through but I just saw that I hadn't downloaded the plasmid pack. Do I have to start over?

Edit: I see the achievement now but I still don't know if I have to start over now? HALP

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
BirdFlu said:
Uh oh, do I have to download the plasmid pack to get my Brass Balls achievement? I started a game on hard and am about halfway through but I just saw that I hadn't downloaded the plasmid pack. Do I have to start over?

I don't think the one is related to the other. If you finish the game, you should unlock it. (the achievement even was available before the plasmid pack)

BirdFlu

Banned
Darunia said:
I don't think the one is related to the other. If you finish the game, you should unlock it. (the achievement even was available before the plasmid pack)

Thanks! Hopefully it works out

JdFoX187

Banned
My Big Daddy figurine came in today. It's a lot more hefty than the one I got originally and the art book is really great. The damn thing was definitely packed with no danger of breaking. They should be coming in soon.

JdFoX187 said:
My Big Daddy figurine came in today. It's a lot more hefty than the one I got originally and the art book is really great. The damn thing was definitely packed with no danger of breaking. They should be coming in soon.
received my Big Daddy in the mail today as well!

the book is fantastic and very much worth the wait :D .....also didn't hurt that I just kept my original Big Daddy and just glued the drill back on

Gart

So yeah I just started Biosex. Was pissed because I ran into a lot of problems with the PC version and then finding out that 2k pretty much neglected the PC side.

But then I started playing and all is forgiven =). If this game wasn't so great there'd be a bigger backlash i'd imagine.

AgentOtaku said:
received my Big Daddy in the mail today as well!

the book is fantastic and very much worth the wait :D .....also didn't hurt that I just kept my original Big Daddy and just glued the drill back on

Got mine today. The art book was worth it.

bathala

Banned
weeeee
replacement figure. wait. another broken drill tip :1
IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

Just started another play through on hard difficulty, plus the DLC including the new widescreen format. It looks really nice, I can definately notice a difference.

-COOLIO- said:
just beat it, what a cool twist. Great story, great firefights, great ending. Loved it

I beat it just a few ago for the 3rd time. Great game, I love the the 1940's underwater theme. Best game world IMO.

aznpxdd

Thread revival!

Anyways, super LTTP, but I just beat the game on PC this morning and damn! What a game! This has probably been said in this thread thousands of time already, but the atmosphere is absolutely amazing. Here are some shots I took while playing. :)

Bioshock2008-04-1217-27-54-42.jpg

Bioshock2008-04-1022-58-16-81.jpg

Bioshock2008-04-1012-40-36-62.jpg

Bioshock2008-04-1222-28-41-57.jpg

Struct09

I beat it on PC right after it came out, and am now replaying it on Xbox 360 (hard mode). The game manages to feel fresh on a 2nd playthrough :D

zoku88

Did they ever fix the problem with the Realtek drivers? I had problems with sound on the demo a while back, so I never bought the full game.

kbear

Hey, I just got Bioshock for 360. I'm about to start my epic underwater adventure but I need to know which difficulty setting will give the best overall experience; medium or hard? If someone could respond within a few mins I'd appreciate it cause I'm at the select screen right now..

edit, I mean like... is Hard too frustrating? Do you die a lot which tends to take you out of the game, or is it fine. Is medium too easy... can you just blow through the game on medium? Or is medium the right balance. Is the AI any different, etc..

Top Bottom