• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bizarre game covers.

Meier

nildem said:
mm4g.jpg

Oh dear. :lol :lol

245170.jpg

Always been curious about this one, especially when I turned to the back cover and realized it was some sort of scrolling shooter. Still never layed the 10 bucks down for it though.

Speaking of which, anyone played it? Is it bad? Any game for 10 bucks makes me weary.

LittleTokyo said:
245170.jpg

Always been curious about this one, especially when I turned to the back cover and realized it was some sort of scrolling shooter. Still never layed the 10 bucks down for it though.

Speaking of which, anyone played it? Is it bad? Any game for 10 bucks makes me weary.

It's a decent, but not ground-breaking vertical shooter.

If you really like shooters, go for it. It's not that hard, nor is it too long.

But it's pretty fun.

And it has a cool 2-player cooperative mode.

It's worth 10 bucks.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Looks like someone could not get the rights to superman :lol

Unison

You know, the other Druid game had hideous box art too:

druid.jpg

WTF is up with his big head? What is that interface shit behind him? haha.

It's funny because those Bible Stories were never officially licensed by Nintendo (you can see the cart is radically different than the standard NES cart) and Nintendo could have sued the asses off of them but never did because they didn't want the bad publicity of shutting down bible stories.

jgkspsx

hobbitx said:
:lol I remember when Seanbaby had to "review" this in EGM he said the box art was so bad he refused to and reviewed the actual box instead, I still pull that issue out for a good laugh sometimes.
It's nearly a laugh but it's really a cry... it was a very good game that could have used a strong positive from one of the world's highest-distribution game mags. The "review" cracked me up, but when I found out how good the game was I felt very bad indeed.

Also, A Mind Forever Voyaging is still one of my favorite pieces of game art and doesn't seem bizarre to me at all.

LittleTokyo said:
245170.jpg

It's an awesome SHMUP, it's jap name is Shikigami no Shiro 2. One of my favorite ps2 games. The bad translation makes it even better.

LittleTokyo said:
245170.jpg

Always been curious about this one, especially when I turned to the back cover and realized it was some sort of scrolling shooter.

I think this shooter's boxart is much more misleading.
70kx9u.jpg

I can't believe the trifecta wasn't posted yet.

70kyer.jpg

best.psx.cover.all.time.jpg

Alright, is THIS REALLY a box-art, or some old-time GAF joke.

I mean, look at the developer?

Asmik? Can that get ANYMORE closer to looking/sounding like
ASSMILK?

That has to be fake, what the fuck?!?

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
human5892 said:
I love how the "SUPER MAN" box has "NEW" printed on it, as if the game will be new indefinitely.

I'm no expert on the Atari 2600, but if I remember correctly, this is some sort of bootleg from Brazil. The U.S. box for Superman is much less bizarre (and fully licensed)...

b_Superman_Color_front.jpg

There are actually quite a few boxes in this "bootleg" line. One of my favorites...

b_Popeye_Unknown_ront.jpg
b_Popeye_Unknown_back.jpg

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
human5892 said:
I love how the "SUPER MAN" box has "NEW" printed on it, as if the game will be new indefinitely.

Megaman 2's "state of the art high resolution graphics" is even better! See?! Nintendo's always been ahead of the game! :lol

Top Bottom