• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert Mobile - Official Trailer.

Mista

Banned
Man I played the PC and Xbox versions, I know how much of a P2W this is. I know how this is going to be on mobile😂 But I’ll give it a go, no harm in trying since it’s free.

Sygma

Heads up, I played this a fuckton since the korean version + english patch were up on APK pure. Its pretty solid but the big novelty of the mobile version (boss rush mode) also is where lies the MTX galore, and on that end its more than predatory if I may say so. Its still super enjoyable to play if you feel like discovering it

ZombieTech

Neo Member
Didn't mind PC and Xbox versions, and actually kinda like 'em; good virtual worlds to fart around in to fish, sell/transport goods, etc. In fact, I sometimes find it fills some itches that RDR2 can leave behind (like Trader role, etc).

However, that said, been tinkering in mobile version, and while the scenery can be fun to watch pass by while in the office, it's "okay" but feels it's missing some meat on the bones. In some ways it blends in with other auto-pilot mobile MMORPGs, and for its storage requirement, there's other feature rich mobile MMOs out there.

All in all though, I've come to notice that for me, when it comes to mobile, it's opposite of what I look for in PC and console. The more complex and robust a mobile game app is, the more cumbersome I find it to be, the harder I find it being to recall how stuff works when you hop back in, and the more it leaves me feeling that I'd rather be playing on PC or XBox.

On mobile I tend to enjoy more simple/arcade-style games, or even running old-school stuffs from back in the day. :)

Bigrx1

Banned
I played for a week and uninstalled earlier today. It's pretty similar to all other mobile mmo's - just a ton of auto everything with microtransactions and F2P gimmicks stuffed into almost every single game feature. Actually I'm not sure I've played a game that stuffs this many F2P gimmicks that I've seen throughout different mobile games all into one game. It has a few cool things, but even those quickly lose its luster as you get higher level areas and realize the whole game is just endless auto-grinding along with the constant battle against the game itself and all its gimmicks and inconveniences to get you to pay money. The newness wears off pretty quick and you're left with another generic mobile mmo that's less a game and more just a sand pit to get your money in any way it can.

Last edited:

dottme

I played for a week and uninstalled earlier today. It's pretty similar to all other mobile mmo's - just a ton of auto everything with microtransactions and F2P gimmicks stuffed into almost every single game feature. Actually I'm not sure I've played a game that stuffs this many F2P gimmicks that I've seen throughout different mobile games all into one game. It has a few cool things, but even those quickly lose its luster as you get higher level areas and realize the whole game is just endless auto-grinding along with the constant battle against the game itself and all its gimmicks and inconveniences to get you to pay money. The newness wears off pretty quick and you're left with another generic mobile mmo that's less a game and more just a sand pit to get your money in any way it can.
That was my feeling. I tried it few weeks but it wasn’t fun at all and it doesn’t have the variety of other gatcha game for the collection aspect.

Top Bottom