• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth Wukong | Two New Trailer released

SeraphJan

Why are you cherypick only playstation games for comparison🤣 those three are way better class above most multiplat games these days fukin haters gona hate🤣
Cuz those are the games Starforce chose to mark the "standard"........I wanted him to list these standard games and he mentioned a bunch of PS first party titles?

But im the hater?
You basically ignore my entire comment and only nitpick the a tiny portion that you wished to nitpick
Some of example you have given I wouldn't consider 9th gen either, especially when you put Sifu in there, it had amazing gameplay, same goes Elden Ring

I find that there might a biased towards a games visual quality when they liked the content within it (if you like the exotic look of Chinese mythological design, that's cool, but it has nothing to do with visual quality)

When you look at Black myth Wukong from a UE5 standard (which was what the game built on), its actually pretty average, in fact its face model is pretty terrible. The environment which people was amazed at, its actually standard UE5 asset, the identical quality to many UE5 fan project which people so despised (Many fan UE5 demo do have impressive environment, its UE5 the engine that's actually amazing)

Don't get me wrong a Journey to the West game would be nice, but I think the game is a bit overhyped for its graphic, and its understandable, they did a very smart move of releasing a trailer before UE5 was a thing, it gave a good first impression with its previous video. But if you take in the factor of its release day, by the time it released many game would look way better. Even some of the already released stuff I found at least rivals it if not better, for example Horizon Forbidden West, Demon Souls, Last of Part Us part 2 etc (Although they are first party exclusive which is a bit unfair to compare to third party title)
You picked the last tiny part on purpose which is not even my main point, without even quoting the following:
(Although they are first party exclusive which is a bit unfair to compare to third party title)
So, yeah, he is right about you are specifically looking for it.

If not why not address my other point? like this one here:
they did a very smart move of releasing a trailer before UE5 was a thing, it gave a good first impression with its previous video. But if you take in the factor of its release day, by the time it released many game would look way better.
Tell me how is this game going to look better than other UE5 demo like the Star Wars game, Matrix (Which had an actually playable demo player could get their hands on that Black Myth lacks by the way), these are third party games too you know. You are giving this game way too much credit than it deserve while avoiding to acknowledge that most UE5 demo looks way better, what I meant by 9th gen I'm mainly talking about UE5 as minimum, not cross-gen games.

Remember first impression could blind people's judgment because people are less likely to change their opinion of something they had already established, but judge the game's release date (which is still unclear at the moment), saying most game by then will look better is not a bold claim.

Art direction is a very subjective thing, like I said cultural shock value should not be ignored, what looked fresh to you might looked mundane to people that are already used to it (for example the Chinese), just like how people here are tired of western fantasy

The dev of this game themselves admitted multiple time they are huge fan of GoW 2018, saying Black Myth was heavily inspired by GoW, that they wish their end product could reach GoW level of quality.

And for the first party games that had already released which you claimed are inferior, do you want to give at least some proof about your geometry claim?

If you want to quote me, why not just quote everything, here I'll do it for you:
Yeah, this I totally agree, but we should also be a bit more fair, game that is based on Chinese mythology especially as grand as Journey to the West (I'm a huge fan of the JTTW novel by the way, its basically a guide book for Chinese monster design next to Shan Hai Jing, think it as how Lord of the Ring affected western fantasy) haven't had any triple A treatment in the past, to western audience its something totally fresh. The cultural shock value should not be ignored. Imaging if triple A game based on Chinese myth is as common as western fantasy, by that point people might probably burned out.
Like I said, I totally wish this game to success, the difference is I'm not blindly overhyping stuff without addressing potential flaws. Minor criticism does not equals to hating, its not black and white.

Last edited:
eE0on5Z.jpg

Show me these standard games that look as good as this.
Sure TLOU2 looks amazing but that isnt the standard is using baked lighting and cant match this geometry detail.
Horizon Foribidden West gets trumped by this on pure geometry detail let alone art direction.
Demons Souls Remake looks early gen while this looks mid gen, you can see advancement in lighting, texture detail, clutter density and geo quality.
And none of these games are standard....cuz they are stand outs.

So what standard games exactly are you talking about that trump this?
Redfall, there is also a thread and many people are ecstatic about the graphics. 😂😂😂😭

Wildebeest

About as many as running around with top end iphones and android phones........... I'm really not sure what that has to do with things, it will be sold on steam/egs/ whatever to the world. It's still gotta be over a year away at least so the 3000 series gpus will be long out of production and people will be arguing about if the 4060 has outsold the 3060.
Sure. Everyone in the market will have 4060 graphics cards in a years time. That is a realistic projection.

Hot5pur

Visually looks nice, but arguably the most important part of the game, the combat, is fairly poor.
There enemies barely respond to the hits, the hitstop seems to be crappy, and the move variety looks to be lacking as well.
Also the world itself and the environments are quite generic looking. The animation on the enemies is pretty great, but again, they lack personality and the design is just meh.

Majukun

happy to see the project alive and well...it's refreshing to see what other cultures and sensibilities can make with the media.

this being said, i'm a little disappointed by the gameplay, not because it's bad per se, but because i though we were gonna get some balls to the wall action, while instead that looks more like chinese witcher 3, with heavy gathering and exporation of relatively empty stages.

also combat could use some more hit reaction from enemies.

Mr Moose

eE0on5Z.jpg

Show me these standard games that look as good as this.
Sure TLOU2 looks amazing but that isnt the standard is using baked lighting and cant match this geometry detail.
Horizon Foribidden West gets trumped by this on pure geometry detail let alone art direction.
Demons Souls Remake looks early gen while this looks mid gen, you can see advancement in lighting, texture detail, clutter density and geo quality.
And none of these games are standard....cuz they are stand outs.

So what standard games exactly are you talking about that trump this?
Is 9th gen this gen we are in now? If so, TLoU 2 is a PS4 game, there is no PS5 version.

Thief1987

Still doesn't look even remotely interesting to play. Combat is overanimated mess, which maybe look fancy in a video, but i'm sure absolutely awful to play.

iHaunter

The lighting, art direction, and cinematography in this is just mind blowing. It's all amazingly restrained, and tasteful, instead of in your face. Please don't be vaporware. Please dont' be vaporware.
Which is why I don't believe it's real. I'll believe it when it's in my hand.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Tell me how is this game going to look better than other UE5 demo like the Star Wars game, Matrix (Which had an actually playable demo player could get their hands on that Black Myth lacks by the way), these are third party games too you know. You are giving this game way too much credit than it deserve while avoiding to acknowledge that most UE5 demo looks way better, what I meant by 9th gen I'm mainly talking about UE5 as minimum, not cross-gen games.
If UE5 demos are what you call the standard of 9th gen.....then what games exactly are we talking about?

Which Star Wars game is running on UE5, I havent seen it yet.
The Matrix again a stunning game, but a far cry from being called the standard 9th gen graphical fidelity.
Stalker 2 looks amazing and yeah in my books so far Stalker does match this in terms of fidelity.
Hellblade 2 looks absolutely phenomenal.

But these are all outliers, they are all in the class above the standard, if reviews still gave graphics scores for games theres no way this title would be listed as average looking, let alone not that great for this generation.

SeraphJan

If UE5 demos are what you call the standard of 9th gen.....then what games exactly are we talking about?

Which Star Wars game is running on UE5, I havent seen it yet.
The Matrix again a stunning game, but a far cry from being called the standard 9th gen graphical fidelity.
Stalker 2 looks amazing and yeah in my books so far Stalker does match this in terms of fidelity.
Hellblade 2 looks absolutely phenomenal.

But these are all outliers, they are all in the class above the standard, if reviews still gave graphics scores for games theres no way this title would be listed as average looking, let alone not that great for this generation.
The Star Wars game I'm talking about is Star Wars Eclipse which is said using UE5

I don't understand where your standard of 9th gen came from, if you mean cross gen are considered 9th games, that's fine, its your opinion, just be consistent. But however I personally don't agree with your standard, to me they are cross-gen games.

In terms of UE5, Black Myth looked just like typical UE5 games, nothing special like how I've mentioned in my previous comment. In fact its face model is pretty bad (which you had identical opinion), the only part that it meets UE5 standard are its environment. Those extra game you added to the list are good examples, which just proved there is really nothing special in terms of graphic fidelity for Black Myth if you compare to other UE5 games. You also have to understand, by the time Black Myth launches there would be many more true 9th gen game released (not cross-gen), but again I respect your standard of 9th gen (which I considered cross gen). Its UE5 that is actually an amazing engine, and Black Myth should really improve its face model, which doesn't even compare to last gen.

Its one thing to be amazed by its Chinese Mythological design, its another thing when judge graphic fidelity.

--------------

To sum up what you've meant by reading all your previous comment:
1. You think some of the Sony first party last gen or cross gen game are above the standard, thus its unfair to use them as a comparison to third party game like Black Myth.
2. You also think few of the UE5 game that had a Demo are also way above standard, thus you should not compare them to Black Myth
3. You are amazed by its exotic art design which I totally agree, no matter if its subjective or not, it does an amazing job representing its source material which I am totally a fan.
4. You also agree that Black Myth's face model is not that good

But with the above criteria you are left with only mid tier last gen or cross gen games to compare

So our divide of opinion might be two things.
1. How we define 9th gen
2. How we define standard of its comparison

For the first divide of opinion, my opinion of 9th gen should at least be UE5 level, which like I've said its just my opinion. Even game that looked as great as GoW-R is still cross-gen, and I believe most people will agree on this.

For the second divide of opinion, my standard would be either the identical time window of release or technology behind the game, meaning we should either compare Black Myth to other UE5 games, or at least compare it to other game that will be released in the future around the same time window as Black Myth release. If neither of the previous criteria are possible at this moment, if we are forced to compare it to last gen (or cross gen), I believe we should at least compare to top tier graphic (I don't agree this game looked better than Forbidden West in terms of visual, in cutscene yes, but not the gameplay segment. Not to mention the final product might have certain downgrade) not mid tier graphic , since its at least one generation apart. If a third party triple A game one generation ahead can't even win against some of the previous gen or cross gen's top tier graphic, I would say its very average looking even for a third party triple A game. Remember Black Myth are most likely not going to be releasing in 2022, it would be luck if they could get it out in 2023

We don't have to agree with everything

Last edited:

Aenima

They better announce this for consoles as well soon, i need this game in my vains. The enemy design is soooo good. Combat looks great as well, just the running animation of the character looks off kinda like he runs in slow motion.

SeraphJan

They better announce this for consoles as well soon, i need this game in my vains. The enemy design is soooo good. Combat looks great as well, just the running animation of the character looks off kinda like he runs in slow motion.
I've heard they are having trouble maintain consistent frame rate on console during their development last year, nonetheless it will release for PS5 and Series console

skneogaf

Graphics and the whole style and look of it is amazing but I feel bored watching the gameplay.

Hopefully it will play as good as it looks.

Fromsoftware games play better than they look.

Exentryk

Day 1! This looks so good!

The basic hits could use some more hit response and feedback from enemies, but everything else looks great!

Fredrik

Graphics and the whole style and look of it is amazing but I feel bored watching the gameplay.

Hopefully it will play as good as it looks.

Fromsoftware games play better than they look.
I think it looks very FROM-like, slow and heavy and methodical combat with cool special abilities and lots of enemy variation, from what I’ve seen here I’m not worried.
Just needs some oomph when attacking. It actually looks better without sound so I think it’s the weak thud from the staff that is messing with my head.

Last edited:

sachos

I really like the creature design in this one. I wonder what RT features are they using, those reflections on the pond were full of SSR artifacts. Shadows or AO perhaps?

GymWolf

The compression is awful in the gameplay video, even in 4k, do you people have a better link?

But i'm gonna say that human models looks better in horizon 2 from that cutscene videos...(the old lady being the best of the bunch).

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
This looks amazing, but i dunno why does it look so "finished" if its so far out? Seems like weve seen loads of it, but warning bells are going off. Part of me is thinking this isn't real gameplay at all.

Hopefully it delivers because the characters and art style look fantastic.

//DEVIL//

Not sure. but I feel it got downgraded from its first reveal. or maybe because of the snow level and stuff.

Also, you can tell the 3090ti if not a higher card like the 4090, was struggling in some parts of the video as the frames did go below 60 frames smoothness.

rofif

Banned
This looks awesome, creative and exactly what I love in games.
Except I don't want to support china... they will install spyware on my pc the moment I get this probably lol.

anyway. So far, day 1

Although it looks very tanky... Worst part of souls is chopping 1 pixel on a boss for 5 minutes

Last edited:
Graphics are fine, gameplay looks like absolute trash. Aside from hits not looking like they have much feedback, it just looks soulless. I hope it’s good and anyone who is looking forward to it get their moneys worth, not for me though.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
downgrade final product confirmed.
Unless they plan to release this on PC only, which is also a suicide strategy.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
About as many as running around with top end iphones and android phones........... I'm really not sure what that has to do with things, it will be sold on steam/egs/ whatever to the world. It's still gotta be over a year away at least so the 3000 series gpus will be long out of production and people will be arguing about if the 4060 has outsold the 3060.
nah it will be lesser than that.
PC gaming market is still not as big in China, they are more interested in mobile games.

LordOfChaos

This is going to be a system killer innit

But yeah my main critique is echoing that most of the attacks seem to lack impact. Visuals look heavy though.

Cyborg

This is (I believe) the third showing and it's getting boring. I only see them running/flying towards ONE big enemy defeating them with a long battle and then facing an even greater enemy (boss) There are no variations in smaller enemies, no other challenges, etc. Seems a bit too simple for my taste

Black_Stride

The Star Wars game I'm talking about is Star Wars Eclipse which is said using UE5

I don't understand where your standard of 9th gen came from, if you mean cross gen are considered 9th games, that's fine, its your opinion, just be consistent. But however I personally don't agree with your standard, to me they are cross-gen games.

In terms of UE5, Black Myth looked just like typical UE5 games, nothing special like how I've mentioned in my previous comment. In fact its face model is pretty bad (which you had identical opinion), the only part that it meets UE5 standard are its environment. Those extra game you added to the list are good examples, which just proved there is really nothing special in terms of graphic fidelity for Black Myth if you compare to other UE5 games. You also have to understand, by the time Black Myth launches there would be many more true 9th gen game released (not cross-gen), but again I respect your standard of 9th gen (which I considered cross gen). Its UE5 that is actually an amazing engine, and Black Myth should really improve its face model, which doesn't even compare to last gen.

Its one thing to be amazed by its Chinese Mythological design, its another thing when judge graphic fidelity.

--------------

To sum up what you've meant by reading all your previous comment:
1. You think some of the Sony first party last gen or cross gen game are above the standard, thus its unfair to use them as a comparison to third party game like Black Myth.
2. You also think few of the UE5 game that had a Demo are also way above standard, thus you should not compare them to Black Myth
3. You are amazed by its exotic art design which I totally agree, no matter if its subjective or not, it does an amazing job representing its source material which I am totally a fan.
4. You also agree that Black Myth's face model is not that good

But with the above criteria you are left with only mid tier last gen or cross gen games to compare

So our divide of opinion might be two things.
1. How we define 9th gen
2. How we define standard of its comparison

For the first divide of opinion, my opinion of 9th gen should at least be UE5 level, which like I've said its just my opinion. Even game that looked as great as GoW-R is still cross-gen, and I believe most people will agree on this.

For the second divide of opinion, my standard would be either the identical time window of release or technology behind the game, meaning we should either compare Black Myth to other UE5 games, or at least compare it to other game that will be released in the future around the same time window as Black Myth release. If neither of the previous criteria are possible at this moment, if we are forced to compare it to last gen (or cross gen), I believe we should at least compare to top tier graphic (I don't agree this game looked better than Forbidden West in terms of visual, in cutscene yes, but not the gameplay segment. Not to mention the final product might have certain downgrade) not mid tier graphic , since its at least one generation apart. If a third party triple A game one generation ahead can't even win against some of the previous gen or cross gen's top tier graphic, I would say its very average looking even for a third party triple A game. Remember Black Myth are most likely not going to be releasing in 2022, it would be luck if they could get it out in 2023

We don't have to agree with everything

Ill break down what I take issue with so we dont go round in circles.

You posted:
The gameplay visual is not that good for 9th gen standard, the cutscene looks pretty nice (not the character model) but its just typical UE5 stuff
That is to imply the game isnt good looking compared to the standard 9th gen, yet of the 9th gen games it would be clearly in the upper echelon, no?
Pretty much all the UE5 games as mentioned are upper echelon titles graphically, so how could it be not good looking if it would stack up against titles that are well above average?

Even saying "typical UE5" isnt actually selling the game short, because "typical UE5" games look amazing.
Thats all I take issue with, you are downplaying how good the game actually looks by saying its not that good for 9th gen(even if there are few 9th gen titles that look vastly better) and downplay it again by saying just "typical UE5" as if thats something to be looked down upon?

Yeah the character models for humans arent great and most likely a design decision if youve seen the plethora of asian titles that follow similar aesthetics........clearly their modellers could/can do better just from looking at the two dragons and the Spider.

That my point in a nutshell.

If when it drops the "standard" is games that look much better then i will wholeheartedly agree that the game is not good looking for the standard, but as is right now, even in this developmental stage compared to other titles we have seen its definitely one of the better looking games and far from being something i would call not that good looking.

SeraphJan

That is to imply the game isnt good looking compared to the standard 9th gen, yet of the 9th gen games it would be clearly in the upper echelon, no?
Like I've said previously the disagreement came from how we define 9th gen, I don't consider cross gen to be 9th gen, that's my context of saying what I've said which I already point it out in my previous thread, I do believe even for GoW-R, many people will still consider it a cross gen. If you consider the release window of Black Myth (which is anyone's guess at this point), it will not be competing against cross gen games. That's my point.
Pretty much all the UE5 games as mentioned are upper echelon titles graphically, so how could it be not good looking if it would stack up against titles that are well above average?

Even saying "typical UE5" isnt actually selling the game short, because "typical UE5" games look amazing.
I do think UE5 look great, compare to most last gen engine its phenomenon, like I've said the engine is absolutely amazing. Now you forgot to mention, whenever there are fan UE5 project, people on Gaf crap on them saying things like "the visual quality is crap, and the face model too", I mostly agree with the face model part, but these fan project if you take close look at its UE5 environment asset the visual quality is insanely good, at least on par if not better than what we've seen in Black Myth, but these same people that claim those fan project have "crap visual quality" when they see Black Myth they suddenly praise it, isn't it kind of bias? So if judging by UE5 standard alone Black Myth both environment and face model do look very average. Again strawman to art direction is not an excuse to justify ones bias against visual quality, its two very different thing.

I think I've made my point pretty clear, If you think Black Myth's environment look amazing visual quality wise (again we are not talking about art direction, we don't have disagreement on that part), then so is most UE5 fan project's environment (again we are talking about environment not face model, because we both agreed face model all look mediocre at best). So I'm not downplay anything when I said its typical UE5 stuff, because I absolutely love UE5

Last edited:

Black_Stride

Like I've said previously the disagreement came from how we define 9th gen, I don't consider cross gen to be 9th gen, that's my context of saying what I've said which I already point it out in my previous thread, I do believe even for GoW-R, many people will still consider it a cross gen. If you consider the release window of Black Myth (which is anyone's guess at this point), it will not be competing against cross gen games. That's my point.

I do think UE5 look great, compare to most last gen engine its phenomenon, like I've said the engine is absolutely amazing. Now you forgot to mention, whenever there are fan UE5 project, people on Gaf crap on them saying things like "the visual quality is crap, and the face model too", I mostly agree with the face model part, but these fan project if you take close look at its UE5 environment asset the visual quality is insanely good, at least on par if not better than what we've seen in Black Myth, but these same people that claim those fan project have "crap visual quality" when they see Black Myth they suddenly praise it, isn't it kind of bias? So if judging by UE5 standard alone Black Myth both environment and face model do look very average. Again strawman to art direction is not an excuse to justify ones bias against visual quality, its two very different thing.

I think I've made my point pretty clear, If you think Black Myth's environment look amazing visual quality wise (again we are not talking about art direction, we don't have disagreement on that part), then so is most UE5 fan project's environment (again we are talking about environment not face model, because we both agreed face model all look mediocre at best). So I'm not downplay anything when I said its typical UE5 stuff, because I absolutely love UE5

Just so i can properly gauge where you are coming from.

Of the "9th gen standard" what are the games that you think are much better looking than as so i can witness them and also say yeah WuKong is not that good looking for 9th gen standard.

Noting there are over 50 UE5 projects announced alone if we count everything weve seen I really do wonder if WuKong will be in the bottom half visual of that list.

But go for it.
Let me see these standard titles that are vastly better looking than WuKong.

SeraphJan

Just so i can properly gauge where you are coming from.

Of the "9th gen standard" what are the games that you think are much better looking than as so i can witness them and also say yeah WuKong is not that good looking for 9th gen standard.

Noting there are over 50 UE5 projects announced alone if we count everything weve seen I really do wonder if WuKong will be in the bottom half visual of that list.

But go for it.
Let me see these standard titles that are vastly better looking than WuKong.
"Vastly" and "Bottom" these are words you've made up, I said average UE5 stuff, so I don't know what is the point you are trying to make here, if you want to prove me wrong by saying Black Myth's had better environmental visual quality than other UE5 project, and its not average in terms of UE5 standard, you should be the one that is proving not me.

If you don't want to "talk in circle", then don't avoid the point I've already made in my past comment, repeating them is boring

Last edited:

Chronicle

I think it looks good. Excellent graphics and physics. Hopefully a bit more power-ups for your fighting moves. A bit of jank there.

Banned
Something that gives off "next-gen" and that's good!

that's good for PC sure, but I wonder if this game can be brouzto consoles in this quality and at acceptable framerates.

the RT features are certainly gone when it's brought to console, or the quality will be massively reduced.

Exentryk

This game is giving me Witcher 3 vibes. Even if it can get to 50% of they way there. It'll be great!

They need to start focussing on getting the game released.

CamHostage

I do think UE5 look great, compare to most last gen engine its phenomenon, like I've said the engine is absolutely amazing. Now you forgot to mention, whenever there are fan UE5 project, people on Gaf crap on them saying things like "the visual quality is crap, and the face model too", I mostly agree with the face model part, but these fan project if you take close look at its UE5 environment asset the visual quality is insanely good, at least on par if not better than what we've seen in Black Myth, but these same people that claim those fan project have "crap visual quality" when they see Black Myth they suddenly praise it, isn't it kind of bias?

Well, yeah, because they're taking Quixel and other ultra-quality assets made by professional studios, kitbashing them into a scene to look like a pre-existing scene, lighting it without a care about flaws or bad angles, then running it with zero gameplay, interactive elements, or other game components. (Many of these people are also often professional or aspiring graphics designers, making scenes with components they're familiar with in their day jobs.)

Building an actual shippable product, with playable characters and moving material and gameplay logic and with assets you need to pay for in usage of a distributed product, and you start getting back down into the Black Myth range (or the Matrix Awakens demo, as another example.)

(With a fan project, they're also making comparisons to something that exists, and nobody's happy anyway... but if you know what you're looking at, without even being a pro you can tell the quicky tricks and the off-model character elements and the miscues of scale from mismatched assets, so whoever it is that you're reading "crap visual quality" on fan-project reactions, some of them are just bitter but some of them do know a little bit about what they're talking of.)

Last edited:

Black_Stride

"Vastly" and "Bottom" these are words you've made up, I said average UE5 stuff, so I don't know what is the point you are trying to make here, if you want to prove me wrong by saying Black Myth's had better environmental visual quality than other UE5 project, and its not average in terms of UE5 standard, you should be the one that is proving not me.

If you don't want to "talk in circle", then don't avoid the point I've already made in my past comment, repeating them is boring
You said not good looking for a standard 9th gen game.
That means its below average, cuz the standard would be the average....thats what a standard is.
We can extrapolate meaning from your words trying to play around with semantics isnt clever.

You decided to change your "9th gen standard" to standard UE5 stuff......but even among current projects WuKong stands towards the top visually as you havent been able to show me games that look much better......again without getting into the semantics one could deduce that it must be a game that is visually in the upper echelon, if there arent many games that look better, but there are many games that look worse.

SeraphJan

Well, yeah, because they're taking Quixel and other ultra-quality assets made by professional studios, kitbashing them into a scene to look like a pre-existing scene, lighting it without a care about flaws or bad angles, then running it with zero gameplay, interactive elements, or other game components. (Many of these people are also often professional or aspiring graphics designers, making scenes with components they're familiar with in their day jobs.)

Building an actual shippable product, with playable characters and moving material and gameplay logic and with assets you need to pay for in usage of a distributed product, and you start getting back down into the Black Myth range (or the Matrix Awakens demo, as another example.)

(With a fan project, they're also making comparisons to something that exists, and nobody's happy anyway... but if you know what you're looking at, without even being a pro you can tell the quicky tricks and the off-model character elements and the miscues of scale from mismatched assets, so whoever it is that you're reading "crap visual quality" on fan-project reactions, some of them are just bitter but some of them do know a little bit about what they're talking of.)
We are not talking about gameplay logic, or licensing in the first place, we are purely talking about visual quality, why do you have to strawman to game play logic and licensing?

About the angle part, not every fan project are like that, but people still calling them crap visual.

The point I'm trying to make is that people have bias when they like the content, and exaggerate them to have superior visual quality when in reality its not. When I say Black Myth looked just like any average UE5 demo visual quality wise I'm just stating fact, but overhyped fans gets offended and have to bring up argument outside of my point such as art direct, animation or game play, even when the latter two is still debatable.

No, Matrix demo is above average UE5 demos including Black Myth.

Since you want to derail from my point and talking about Black Myth being a shippable product, how are you so sure of? We still don't know much yet, there are rumors that it had development issue, and until now we still don't have any playable demo, we can't judge its current state of progress. I hope the game delivers, but we just simply don't know yet, many think it might be a vaporware.

Last edited:

SeraphJan

You said not good looking for a standard 9th gen game.
That means its below average, cuz the standard would be the average....thats what a standard is.
We can extrapolate meaning from your words trying to play around with semantics isnt clever.

You decided to change your "9th gen standard" to standard UE5 stuff......but even among current projects WuKong stands towards the top visually as you havent been able to show me games that look much better......again without getting into the semantics one could deduce that it must be a game that is visually in the upper echelon, if there arent many games that look better, but there are many games that look worse.
I never changed anything, stop making shit up.

Anyone that is playing semantic that would be you, baiting me with words such as "Vastly" and "Bottom" that I had never said.

Quoting me multiple times out of context so that I have write a whole essay just to reiterate every definition of the words I've used, yet you skip reading it on purpose and talking in circles, now you accuse me of playing with semantics? I'm done discussing with trolls, have fun winning a debate on the internet, like that's gonna get you anywhere.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

I never changed anything, stop making shit up.
We have a quote chain thats easy to follow man.

Do I really have to do this?
Okay lets go:

Initial statement saying the game isnt that good looking for a 9th gen standards:

The gameplay visual is not that good for 9th gen standard

Saying what you mean by 9th gen standard is "UE5 minimum"..........because every 9th gen game will atleast be UE5 which doesnt tell us anything about the visuals but okay.

So what exactly am I making up?

Even if we were to say the 9th gen standard is UE5, that doesnt tell us anything about the visuals of a game, and engine is just a tool, you can still make an ugly game in UE5.
You can also make beautiful games in UE5.
WuKong is towards the upper end of good looking UE5 titles as it stands, im sure as the gen goes on and the engine matures we will have better looking games.
But right now, not just against UE5 games but against everything we have seen of 9th gen games.
WuKong is in the upper echelon at the very least.
But absolutely not a game that could be considered NOT good looking.

SeraphJan

We have a quote chain thats easy to follow man.

Do I really have to do this?
Okay lets go:

Initial statement saying the game isnt that good looking for a 9th gen standards:

Saying what you mean by 9th gen standard is "UE5 minimum"..........because every 9th gen game will atleast be UE5 which doesnt tell us anything about the visuals but okay.

So what exactly am I making up?

Even if we were to say the 9th gen standard is UE5, that doesnt tell us anything about the visuals of a game, and engine is just a tool, you can still make an ugly game in UE5.
You can also make beautiful games in UE5.
WuKong is towards the upper end of good looking UE5 titles as it stands, im sure as the gen goes on and the engine matures we will have better looking games.
But right now, not just against UE5 games but against everything we have seen of 9th gen games.
WuKong is in the upper echelon at the very least.
But absolutely not a game that could be considered NOT good looking.
What are you even proving by quoting me out of context again and again? Do I have to quote everything I've said again too? Here: #52 #61 , What part of my point don't you understand?

You are wasting both your time and mine

Last edited:
Top Bottom