• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 6: Releasing Oct 25th - 'Mind Bending Narrative', Blockbuster Set-Pieces, 16 New MP Maps, Round Based Zombies Mode Confirmed

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
+2 images from the store listings.

"Developed by Treyarch and Raven, Black Ops 6 is a spy action thriller set in the early 90s, a period of transition and upheaval in global politics, characterized by the end of the Cold War and the rise of the United States as a single superpower. With a mind-bending narrative, and unbound by the rules of engagement, this is signature Black Ops.

The Black Ops 6 Campaign provides dynamic moment-to-moment gameplay that includes a variety of play spaces with blockbuster set pieces and action-packed moments, high-stakes heists, and cloak-and-dagger spy activity.

In a best-in-class Multiplayer experience, players will test their skills across 16 new maps at launch, including 12 core 6v6 maps and 4 Strike maps that can be played 2v2 or 6v6.

Black Ops 6 also marks the epic return of Round-Based Zombies, the fan-favorite mode where players will take down hordes of the undead in two brand-new maps at launch. Post-launch, players can look forward to even more exciting maps and groundbreaking experiences dropping into both Multiplayer and Zombies."

Releases on 25th October.

GPpJwZ1XAAAmTmy

af9l8bcnlk5d1.jpeg

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Lol they start with some CoD trailer. Does this shit really needs a separate deep dive for the same old boring stuff.

I’ve already seen enough.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
300GB!?

Dude that’s gotta be a joke.

I’m not shitting you I won’t play if it’s that big. I’m not giving up 3/5 of my SSD for one game. Fuck off.

So the movement will have the new omnidirectional thing, plus dolphin dive and slide?
Do we know if it will also have tactical sprint like the MW games?
If it does, I guess it will be fast and fluid as hell, which I guess some will like and other will hate.

• Game Pass Ultimate: This offers the most flexibility as it allows you to play the Black Ops 6 Campaign as well as the Multiplayer and Zombies online modes on your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One consoles, and on PC. Game Pass Ultimate subscribers will have access to the Digital Cross-Gen Bundle on Xbox consoles and the Standard Edition on PC Microsoft Store.
  • Game Pass PC: Play the Black Ops 6 Campaign as well as Multiplayer and Zombies online modes on your PC. Game Pass PC subscribers will have access to the Standard Edition on PC Microsoft Store.
  • Game Pass Console: Play the Black Ops 6 Campaign only on your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One consoles. Online console multiplayer access (sold separately) is required to play the Multiplayer and Zombies online modes on Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One consoles. Game Pass Console subscribers would need to upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate or additionally subscribe to Game Pass Core (sold separately) to access these modes. Game Pass Console subscribers will have access to the Digital Cross-Gen Bundle on Xbox consoles.
  • Game Pass Core: Game Pass Core includes online console multiplayer access, which is required to play Black Ops 6 online modes (Multiplayer and Zombies) on Xbox consoles, but does not qualify you to access the full game. Also note that all of the benefits of Game Pass Core are included in the Game Pass Ultimate plan.

clarky

Gold Member
Lol they start with some CoD trailer. Does this shit really needs a separate deep dive for the same old boring stuff.

I’ve already seen enough.
Yeah weird how they'd want to promote the biggest game of the year.

Montauk

It’ll be the same old COD and I have zero interest in COD.

I’m impressed with the graphics these last few CODs, though.

Pop

• Game Pass Ultimate: This offers the most flexibility as it allows you to play the Black Ops 6 Campaign as well as the Multiplayer and Zombies online modes on your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One consoles, and on PC. Game Pass Ultimate subscribers will have access to the Digital Cross-Gen Bundle on Xbox consoles and the Standard Edition on PC Microsoft Store.
  • Game Pass PC: Play the Black Ops 6 Campaign as well as Multiplayer and Zombies online modes on your PC. Game Pass PC subscribers will have access to the Standard Edition on PC Microsoft Store.
  • Game Pass Console: Play the Black Ops 6 Campaign only on your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One consoles. Online console multiplayer access (sold separately) is required to play the Multiplayer and Zombies online modes on Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One consoles. Game Pass Console subscribers would need to upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate or additionally subscribe to Game Pass Core (sold separately) to access these modes. Game Pass Console subscribers will have access to the Digital Cross-Gen Bundle on Xbox consoles.
  • Game Pass Core: Game Pass Core includes online console multiplayer access, which is required to play Black Ops 6 online modes (Multiplayer and Zombies) on Xbox consoles, but does not qualify you to access the full game. Also note that all of the benefits of Game Pass Core are included in the Game Pass Ultimate plan.

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Add that to the 309 GB required. Aint no way

djjinx2

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Add that to the 309 GB required. Aint no way
Add what? The picture shows it's on GamePass, every GamePass except Core. Which is what everyone expected? Apart from the huge download what else are you trying to say please?

Quantum253

Last COD I got into was BLOPs 4. Might jump back in since Treyarch has become the best developer for CoD. Big change since Infinity Ward was the go to. I'm happy the team has become the de facto group for CoD. I'll wait to see the MP reveal in a few weeks and go from there

Montauk

How would you like me to respond to the fact you have no interest in COD in a COD thread?

Where did I express an interest in you responding to my post?

It’s a discussion forum. We share our views and discuss with each other.

I’ve shared my view of COD generally, the point being that I don’t see anything meaningfully new here. Then I noted that the recent games have looked good graphically, by which I’m obviously also saying that I think this one looks good graphically.

Calm down man. You really shouldn’t be this upset that somebody doesn’t like COD.

I’ll say whatever I like - I’ve put enough hours into the series to hold strong views on it.

clarky

Gold Member
Where did I express an interest in you responding to my post?

It’s a discussion forum. We share our views and discuss with each other.

I’ve shared my view of COD generally, the point being that I don’t see anything meaningfully new here. Then I noted that the recent games have looked good graphically, by which I’m obviously also saying that I think this one looks good graphically.

Calm down man. You really shouldn’t be this upset that somebody doesn’t like COD.

I’ll say whatever I like - I’ve put enough hours into the series to hold strong views on it.
Totally calm, I just find it odd that people come into threads and waste energy telling others they have no interest in the topic they just entered.

Carry on all good.

Last edited:

DryvBy

Looks good but disappointed that it's on last gen. When will last gen die?!

Edit: nevermind. Skip. Online required for single player.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Looks good but disappointed that it's on last gen. When will last gen die?!
Agreed but too much money on the table with a game of this size for it to exclude half its player base.

Edit: didn't they say the MAU was like 100million? Crazy numbers.

Last edited:

Bridges

Really thankful for this being the case if the alternative was adding new tiers. If you have Ultimate then nothing changes.

Actually, the really crazy news here is the Game Pass Core gets multiplayer access included. So basically, MS has made it so the most popular multiplayer game on the planet comes with "Xbox Live". That, to me, is actually crazier than just putting the game on normal game pass. It's a big bet but it could be a good one if it leads to an influx of mtx

EDIT: also funny to me that Game Pass PC subscribers consistently are given more value to the service vs consoles since they know their only real hope of growth is on PC

Last edited:
Top Bottom