• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 6: Releasing Oct 25th - 'Mind Bending Narrative', Blockbuster Set-Pieces, 16 New MP Maps, Round Based Zombies Mode Confirmed

Shakka43

Not for me. Only really liked the Sledgehammer and iw COD titles myself . I'm talking single player modes mind, I don't do COD multiplayer
I was talking about the single player campaigns too. I liked IW's MW 1&2 but other than that I didn't really care for any other COD campaign.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
300GB!?

Dude that’s gotta be a joke.

I’m not shitting you I won’t play if it’s that big. I’m not giving up 3/5 of my SSD for one game. Fuck off.
Who needs optimization when you can just say F it and make your players buy a new SSD?

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Really thankful for this being the case if the alternative was adding new tiers. If you have Ultimate then nothing changes.

Actually, the really crazy news here is the Game Pass Core gets multiplayer access included. So basically, MS has made it so the most popular multiplayer game on the planet comes with "Xbox Live". That, to me, is actually crazier than just putting the game on normal game pass. It's a big bet but it could be a good one if it leads to an influx of mtx

EDIT: also funny to me that Game Pass PC subscribers consistently are given more value to the service vs consoles since they know their only real hope of growth is on PC
Nah your reading that wrong, its basically saying console gamepass members need core(the old gold) to play MP and core members(the old gold) need to upgrade to gamepass to play the actual game. its not worded very well.

Core : gets fuck all
gamepass regular: gets COD but need core or ultimate to play the mp
ultimate: you good to go.

MS fucked up when they decided not to include online with regular game pass, it makes no sense to me.

Last edited:

Bridges

Nah your reading that wrong, its basically saying console gamepass members need core(the old gold) to play MP and core members(the old gold) need to upgrade to gamepass to play the actual game. its not worded very well.

Core : gets fuck all
gamepass regular: gets COD but need core or ultimate to play the mp
ultimate: you good to go.

MS fucked up when they decided not to include online with regular game pass, it makes no sense to me.
Ah okay, thank you for pointing that out. You're right, that wording was extremely confusing.

So basically, there's isn't REALLY a tiered approach, it's just how it's always been that you need Live (Core) to play multiplayer except now Gamepass gets you a copy. Maybe unlike prior years you can't even play local zombies/multi but essentially not a lot has meaningfully changed

I stopped playing cod/mw or whatever it is called now when an update downloaded 120gb mwiii (which I did not own) with a trial and then I still had to download the mwii update which was what I wanted to play when pressing the cod icon on ps5.

Toots

Gold Member
af9l8bcnlk5d1.jpeg
SOmetimes i forget COD is aimed at edgy 12 yo.
Thanks for reminding me
fuck yeah GIF

Kurotri

I don't have much history with CoD but this game looks strong, it coming to Gamepass guarantees me playing it. Though I wish they released the older games too so that I could catch up, I'm sure I missed some great campaigns. Only CoD's I played were CoD2 and the original two MW games.

Mossybrew

Gold Member
I played the hell out of last years zombies mode. I don't want to go back to level based running around in circles mode.
Yeah, same, I much prefer the open world extraction mode of Zombos.

Anyway, CODBLOPS is generally pretty good stuff, though I think October is getting pretty stacked. Looking forward to some more detailed previews in the coming months.

World at War and Blops 1 were amazing.
I didn't enjoy much myself.
I was talking about the single player campaigns too. I liked IW's MW 1&2 but other than that I didn't really care for any other COD campaign.
I#m not saying to wind people up but I never liked any of the COD games that are not made by iw or Sledgehammer. Don't get me wrong they are all well made games, but I just can't get into them

chlorate

I still have yet to beat Modern Warfare 1 from 2007 and World at War, I was playing both in the highest difficulty and uninstalled when I got distracted by other games

djjinx2

I'm annoyed that I liked what I saw as I usually hate COD
I reckon there's a fair few thinking similar. Looks the biggest change in CoD since Jetpacks.

Biggest selling CoD ever, by a mile if released on Switch 2 properly (not a streamed or butchered version)

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
The new movement system seems amazing on paper. Then I recall that every game I play currently of CoD is just people jumping to kill you for every encounter. Throw this in and it’ll be a bunny hop chaos simulator.

Hope I’m wrong.

clarky

Gold Member
The new movement system seems amazing on paper. Then I recall that every game I play currently of CoD is just people jumping to kill you for every encounter. Throw this in and it’ll be a bunny hop chaos simulator.

Hope I’m wrong.

They nerfed the jumping stuff for MWII and it didn't go down very well with the community.

Warzone and III play much better with it.

Curious to see how this plays out, and if like you say iif its the current movement but on steroids. Could be great or terrible

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Said this in the other thread.

Fucking stupid that they are putting this on gamepass but you cant actually play the MP. Going to be plenty of confused casual customers come october.
Yeah I knew we talked about it in the other thread as well and you are right when it launches a lot of people are going to be confused and even pissed they can't play that have gamepass without the online part

Hope I’m wrong.
So I said in one of the other threads some select group of people were getting to play a single map right after the show and that movement feels amazing but much like you fear the people who are great at movement are going to be even better with this system

So I hear ;)

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Yeah I knew we talked about it in the other thread as well and you are right when it launches a lot of people are going to be confused and even pissed they can't play that have gamepass without the online part

So I said in one of the other threads some select group of people were getting to play a single map right after the show and that movement feels amazing but much like you fear the people who are great at movement are going to be even better with this system

So I hear ;)
The current system isn't about being good at it… it’s just assholes jumping around corners at every chance, and it’s who jumps and shoots first wins. It’s dumb.

If this adds some kind of skill ceiling to jump movement options I’d prefer that to the mindless shit we have now.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The current system isn't about being good at it… it’s just assholes jumping around corners at every chance, and it’s who jumps and shoots first wins. It’s dumb.

If this adds some kind of skill ceiling to jump movement options I’d prefer that to the mindless shit we have now.
Great movement is a skill in this game

When I die in Warzone and spectate a bit I can tell 90% if someone if really good just how they move

But just my 2 cents

Side note who is ready for Nuketown to return :)

Caio

Looked absolutely phenomenal, most anticipated CoD for me in a long time. The locales, the movement innovations, prestige, everything seems superb.
I'm too lazy and sleepy today to say what you have already said :D
This.
Since a very long hibernation for COD, finally, I'm very curious about this one, and impressed by the tech behing.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Great movement is a skill in this game

When I die in Warzone and spectate a bit I can tell 90% if someone if really good just how they move

But just my 2 cents

Side note who is ready for Nuketown to return :)

Nuketown Yes!. My group played customs 4v4 hardcore on that map constantly.

Judging by the thread reactions this entry will be massive. Now if they just loosen up that SBMM a tad,.............

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Nuketown Yes!. My group played customs 4v4 hardcore on that map constantly.
I love Nuketown, just big enough to get away from things for a little ranged combat yet small enough to get right back in the fight

Love those smaller chaotic maps for COD

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I know not many on here will agree but MWIII in its current form is brilliant, if they just turned down the sbmm a touch id go as far as to say its the best its ever been.
MW3 is in an amazing state right now and I agree on the SBMM

I honestly don't know why they don't have a non SBMM rotation and just let people decide what they want to play

I don't love XDefiant but I enjoy playing it simply from the stance of knowing how I am playing in this game right this moment will not have any bearing on how my next few maps are going to go

clarky

Gold Member
MW3 is in an amazing state right now and I agree on the SBMM

I honestly don't know why they don't have a non SBMM rotation and just let people decide what they want to play

I don't love XDefiant but I enjoy playing it simply from the stance of knowing how I am playing in this game right this moment will not have any bearing on how my next few maps are going to go
Solo SBMM is bad but one of my group is a COD GOD (lol) when we are a 6 we all just get completely steam rolled every game because it seems to go off him rather than the group average.

It needs work, seems like they have not tweaked it in any way since 2019. Maybe MS will save us(yeah right).

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Solo SBMM is bad but one of my group is a COD GOD (lol) when we are a 6 we all just get completely steam rolled every game because it seems to go off him rather than the group average.

It needs work, seems like they have not tweaked it in any way since 2019. Maybe MS will save us(yeah right).
100%

When Ybarra took over at Blizzard I played with him and one of the devs one night iirc had over a 5 k/d and could drop nukes at will it seemed and literally only wanted to play with him that one night as it felt like I was going up against COD pros all night, got my ass kicked

clarky

Gold Member
100%

When Ybarra took over at Blizzard I played with him and one of the devs one night iirc had over a 5 k/d and could drop nukes at will it seemed and literally only wanted to play with him that one night as it felt like I was going up against COD pros all night, got my ass kicked

Have a word with your mates and get it sorted please lol.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Solo SBMM is bad

Idk 🤷‍♂️ I had fun and won consistently playing solo across hundreds of hours in both mw 2019 and mw 2022. I remember games like Quake 3 being way more mean about curb stomping you if you didn’t play at least adequately.

Top Bottom