• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blair Witch Review Thread

Tiamat2san

nearly unplayable on xbox one x. severe stuttering and game-breaking bugs.
thankfully I got gamepass ultimate and was able to download it on PC. runs fine there (1080p/60fps with my 1080cpu). Achievements worked as well. Finished the game in one sitting. It's short, but "good"....
Didn’t stuttering on my X.
Bugs , yeah but no problems otherwise.
Did you restart your console?

Downloaded this on PC through Gamepass and swiftly uninstalled it. The 21:9 options are broken and it is an unoptimised mess. Locking my FPS to 60 with an RTX 2080ti and an i9 9900K I was getting 90+% GPU usage and the card was up at max temps the whole time. (Will be watercooling my GPU next upgrade for sure).

A quick look at steam reviews shows these types of issues are common. I will keep an eye out for a patch in future, as I do like the devs prior work.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Seems pretty solid and it's on Game Pass (which I subscribe to) so I'll definitely be checking it out. I've been in the mood for a good spooky game and it was either this or Man of Medan which seems to be getting worse reviews, is shorter, and isn't on Game Pass.

I wonder if this will be MS' strategy going into next-gen.

xrnzaaas

Looks like the game needed a few more months of polishing, I don't remember Bloober's previous games having such big problems. Maybe MS was stubborn on wanting to release the game without any delays?

Anyway I hope MS gave them a good deal, their stocks have taken a big hit after the game's release.

dilbag

its not terrible but after a while it get annoying walking around the forest with nothing happening and you end up just wondering trying to find where to go.

Roberts

Played it mostly to see what the guys behind The Medium are capable of. It's not great, but I enjoyed the experience and while the criticism that you are never really in peril is a legit one, there are few scenes that are truly creepy. Later parts of the game rely heavily on hallucinations, visions where you as a player get instantly transported from one location to another and it works really well on xbox one x, but I can totally see how SSD can let the developers go even further with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

VN1X

Banned
Is this worth 8eu? I wasn't a fan of Layers of Fear and won't touch its sequel with a barge pole but for 8eu and about five to six hours of play time... what can go wrong? :D

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I posted this in the wrong thread I just realized (maybe a mod can move our posts to the OT?) but could you elaborate a bit more why it's not even worth that? No redeeming qualities whatsoever? Even for someone who's a huge fan of the original film?

I think this thread is fine honestly.

Even though it's based off the film franchise I struggle to find any real connection. Now I will admit I only saw each film one time so it's very possible I am just not as adept in the lore.

Most of this is a walking simulator with some puzzles that aren't very challenging and a lot of the mechanics like the dog feel very half baked.

The only redeeming part is about a 30 minute section near the end with some very clever puzzles.

If you want more in depth I suggest this below.

Podcast

Last edited:
Top Bottom