• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard confesses that new MMO 'Titan' will be awesome, impact industry, sell well

V_Arnold

The Lamonster said:
I believe every word he said. Blizzard is awesome.

Yep. They are the Gods amongst humans. They are the best there is, no other company has a track record where there is a groundbreaking decade-lasting classic in THREE different genres.

V_Arnold said:
Yep. They are the Gods amongst humans. They are the best there is, no other company has a track record where there is a groundbreaking decade-lasting classic in THREE different genres.
And they just patched Warcraft III yesterday! They give amazing support to their games.

notworksafe

alphaNoid said:
All I'm going to say is ... its not a new IP even though they are saying it is. Its a spin off of an existing franchise, so Blizzard is trying to spin it like a new IP.

Thats all I can say.
Good stuff, Deep Throat. :|

:lol (that's all I can say)

Dresden

It's so obviously a Starcraft MMO.

I might have no proof whatsoever, but I have my sources.*

*ass, pull out of

alphaNoid said:
All I'm going to say is ... its not a new IP even though they are saying it is. Its a spin off of an existing franchise, so Blizzard is trying to spin it like a new IP.

Thats all I can say.
So it's a game about Murlocs.

Ark

Interfectum said:
Bold words from Blizzard.

Unless its F2P or browser based I don't see how they can possibly beat WoW at this point. You really don't get much more mainstream than WoW.

This is Blizzard you're talking about, they've created three of the best selling and most respected game series around, I'm more than certain they can top WoW.

It's World of Starcraft, it will play like an MMOFPS as long as the character you picked is a marine, and it will look very much like Starcraft 2 in engine cutscenes since it was built using the same engine and assets.

When these predictions prove to be accurate. You may all worship me at my feet

jersoc

Stephen Colbert said:
It's World of Starcraft, it will be an MMO as long as the character you picked is a marine, and it will look very much like Starcraft 2 in engine cutscenes since it was built using the same engine and assets.

When these predictions prove to be accurate. You may all worship me at my feet.

no it's not, it's an original IP which has been confirmed.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Stephen Colbert said:
It's World of Starcraft, it will be an MMO as long as the character you picked is a marine, and it will look very much like Starcraft 2 in engine cutscenes since it was built using the same engine and assets.

When these predictions prove to be accurate. You may all worship me at my feet.
I believe Zarhym over you.

Vinci

Danish
Ark said:
This is Blizzard you're talking about, they've created three of the best selling and most respected game series around, I'm more than certain they can top WoW.

I doubt it's going to be as easy as that, to be honest. Interfectum's post actually is pretty sensible. Outdoing WoW would be a monumental task for anyone.

They are not competing with WoW unless they're baiting and switching us and it is WoW2.

Odrion said:
bullllllllshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

They have repeatedly. A large LARGE number of players have the concept of gaining and customizing a personal selection of add-ons go clear over their heads. It's one of the true core strengths WoW rose from.

carlo6529

I don't expect to see footage of this game for at least 6 months to a year. I also don't expect a release for another 3 years at least.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Odrion said:
Wtf are you talking about? The game is almost unrecognizable from launch because theyve taken what the community made and incorporated it into the game and its interface.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
alphaNoid said:

Thats all I can say.
I know that there are Blizzard accounts on GAF, but they're the last people to talk about Titan so "secretly" on here.

Odrion said:
Not too sure which game you were playing, but WoW 6 years ago compared to default WoW present is like jumping over the Grand Canyon.

Xavien

water_wendi said:
Wtf are you talking about? The game is almost unrecognizable from launch because theyve taken what the community made and incorporated it into the game and its interface.

I always laugh at those who play WoW without addons because its "cheating", its not cheating, its just being ahead of the curve.

So many addons have been integrated into the core game since launch (check the folders in the addons folder, there used to be zero folders in there on a fresh install, theres now like 20-30 blizzard ones).

Blah blah, blah, MMO world has reach it's peak, now it's all about copying each other with slight differences and calling it a new system, or some new unique bullshit....

Zeal

Banned
i really don't blame them for not giving specifics yet. when you have something that is truly groundbreaking or revolutionary, you want to say as little about it as possible until it's ready to ship. ham-scam developers would attempt to mimic and cash in on the idea almost immediately.

Kalnos

Banned
I hope for Blizzard's sake it isn't a game that tries to cater for 15 different audiences like WoW. A strictly PvP or PvE MMO would be nice.

Zzoram

If Titan at launch is really better than WoW after 3 expansions, I might just have to sign up for Titan, assuming it's on PC. Not interested in a console MMO.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
It'll be Blizzard's take on EVE, in other words a socially driven MMO that's actually accessible. If they pull it off (and if anyone could, it'd be them), it'll dwarf WoW.

notworksafe

Spire said:
It'll be Blizzard's take on EVE, in other words a socially driven MMO that's actually accessible. If they pull it off (and if anyone could, it'd be them), it'll dwarf WoW.
If only this was true. :(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I dunno, endless WWII shooters indicate pvp is pretty popular... if it's the focus.

And they don't need something operating on the same principals as WoW. It'd be redundant.

I think if you look into it even just superficially, you'll see that the main thing that accounts for how WoW got 12 million subscribers was because of accessible PvE play and social aspects, not hardcore elements or PvP. Casual PvE players make up the bulk of the audience. Those who think otherwise have let fly over their head the fact that forum participation is NOT a microcosm of the player base.

notworksafe

Technosteve said:
so who's private sexual organs do i have to orally pleasure to get on the friends and family beta. anyone? anyone?
4pQVB.jpg

You thought I was going to post Kotick :p

bill0527

Try to ignore the hype train for now.

According to that leaked Blizzard product release schedule, this thing isn't due until Q4 2014.

Top Bottom