• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard is hiring multiple director positions for unannounced open world game

Gudji

cDTl3nb_thumb.jpg

New One Piece devil fruit, The GameGame fruit.
The owner can turn their hands into any game controller, with any length of cable.
Tie up your enemies after beating them in Mortal Kombat.

Hudo

Can these motherfuckers hire a team to re-remake WarCraft 3 Reforged? If not, then release WarCraft 3 classic again without forcing everyone who wants to play legally to download the Reforged client. Fuck off with your bullshit, Blizzard.

amigastar

Can these motherfuckers hire a team to re-remake WarCraft 3 Reforged? If not, then release WarCraft 3 classic again without forcing everyone who wants to play legally to download the Reforged client. Fuck off with your bullshit, Blizzard.
Yet again i have to agree with you Hudo :messenger_grinning_sweat:. I wish they would give more attention to Warcraft 3 Reforged, i would buy it if they would actually put care into it.
I don' understand why they treated it so half-heartedly.

Last edited:
I assume they had multiple open world survival esque games in development and they went with the stronger project. IE This one over Blizzards cancelled Project Odyssey.
Hard to imagine anyone talented enough to render one of Blizzard game redundant.

Hopefully some of the devs will spill the beans later.

Sonik

Blizzard is a husk of its former self, I seriously doubt that they can successfully create a new IP, at best they can create an mediocre game that can sell pretty good if they milk the name of one of their old IPs

whyman

I could see a new Diablo game in 5 - 6 years. Keeping Diablo 4 team on support and expansions while starting development on Diablo 5 with a new team is reasonable.

Perrott

Gold Member
Hard to imagine anyone talented enough to render one of Blizzard game redundant.

Hopefully some of the devs will spill the beans later.
Undead Labs' State of Decay 3 and Rare's Everwild might have overlapped with Blizzard's Project Odyssey, which wasn't even in full production I believe and was on the brink of its team having to swap to an entirely different engine - and that's on top of Blizzard's usual share of unproductivity and general lack of direction.

So I wouldn't be shocked if MS chose to prioritize those two titles over Blizzard's.

Top Bottom