• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asobo openly hiring for Plague Tale 3

Bartski

Gold Member
https://www-linkedin-com.translate...._sl=fr&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Senior Game Designer M/F (Plague Team)

For a future production, we are looking for a Game Designer to strengthen the team behind “A Plague Tale: Requiem” from the pre-production phase.
  • You played A Plague Tale: Innocence and/or Requiem
  • You have professional experience working on a narrative adventure game, or at least a strong personal interest in the genre

Kupfer

Nice, I liked the first one. Still waiting for a good deal on the physical PS5 version of the second game.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I loved PT1, what they achieved with that small budget was a small g'damned miracle, from the graphics, to the music and general atmosphere it was a game that had "soul" and its shortcomings could be forgiven.

Enter PT2 : a fucking wannabe Uncharted/Naughty dog game where they tried to bite more than they could chew, everything was dialed up to 11 to the point of being not only ludicrous and hyperbolic but fucking comedic , that rat-nado in the final chapter with you shooting at it with a canon was just lulz ffs but, besides that, the enemy A.I remained as braindead as ever as did the mediocre animations and generic stealth gameplay, they pretty much exhausted their options and I don't know if I could personally muster a 3rd one.
Also : most annoying voice overs of the past 10+ years, Hugo's incessant whining and Amicia's constant grunts and sighs were absolutely shite.

1st game was an 8/10, 2nd one a 6.5/10 due to all the bullshit.

Last edited:

radewagon

Wait, so all I need is to have played the games and have a strong personal interest in the genre?

Guys, watch for me in the end credits.

DanielG165

After the emotional gut punch ending of Requiem, I don’t see where they could go afterwards, unless it’s something drastic. We’ll see in some years, I suppose.

Innocence still currently has the best story and writing between the games though, imo.

winjer

Gold Member
More cities and thousands of people for Amicia and Hugo to destroy and murder.

Fire Elmo GIF

Robb

Gold Member
Unless they make some drastic improvements to the gameplay I’m not sure I’d be interested in a third game.

First game was a very pleasant surprise with its setting and themes. But I feel like the second one improved almost nothing. If their direction is ‘more of the same’ I’m out.

Last edited:

Sorcerer

Bizarre requirement for a job listing:
You have played Plague tale 1 and 2?
I can see a million players waiting outside of their offices with a resume that reads "Have played Plague Tale 1 and 2" and nothing else. LOL!!!

Doesn't Asobo make Flight Simulator for Microsoft? I wonder how the team can work on something that seems so huge and overwhelming in scale and still have put out 2 Plague Tale games in the time frame that they did? They must have a huge develop team. It seems mind boggling.
I wonder why Microsoft doesn't acquire them?
Also going from Flight Simulator to the jank of Plague Tale seems jarring.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Bizarre requirement for a job listing:
You have played Plague tale 1 and 2?
I can see a million players waiting outside of their offices with a resume that reads "Have played Plague Tale 1 and 2" and nothing else. LOL!!!
It's a sly way of increasing sales, this is how you market your games.

Denton

I would like third game that would simply continue Amicia's journey through medieval life.
If it was a full blown RPG set in some area of France, that would be even nicer.

b0uncyfr0

I still cant get over the fact that the camera bounce bug in requiem is still there after a bloody year. Ive started the damn game 4 times trying to finish it and it just doesn't happen cause that weird camera pan pisses me off to no end.

I have even less interest in PT 3.

DanielG165

I would honestly want it to be Amicia continuing her travels with Sophia and Lucas, and nothing to do with a modern day plague. That’s the only way I could see the story continuing and it feeling impactful.

cireza

I made it to the end of the first game, but gameplay wise it became really annoying towards the end. Felt like your random modern Western-developed action game a bit too much for my taste. Because of this I did not have the motivation to try the second game, because I already know that gameplay segments are going to be super annoying. But well, might give it a try, it's in Game Pass I think.

Top Bottom