• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT3| I Cane, I Saw, I Conqu- YOU DIED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitor711

This guy is hard as hell in NG+, he drains 35 VIT in a second. Better to stay mid/close range so he won't do that attack as much

Here's how I did it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUv9sVQUBZU

He's fairly easy to parry. His attacks are so quick that the second you see him start his animation, just shoot him. The only thing you need to worry about is that he might occasionally use the
tentacle arm thing which can't be parried

Then get in close and f*ck his sh*t up. You'll see above that he's easy to stagger and force back.If you're that close, he never uses his AOE arcane attack either.

Man the witch boss was the easiest boss so far. I was sort of scared cause I knew they were going to be twins, but bleh. Maybe it has to do that I was already level ~52 when I encountered them?

Wow, I love the fight in Yahargul with
the three hunters, I backstabbed the first one and parried him twice and ended up killing him and then I fought the other two in the large open space. I had to much fun, it was like fighting against two Virgils from DMC3. I also managed to find and beat Paarl after running into these weird werewolf styled enemies made up of the flesh of Bagmen and Witches. Eww.

I pretty much owned the boss at Level 74, just keep going for the
Legs/Chest and he will get lose his electricity powers and be on the defensive so he can reboot and get them back. If you keep attacking though and get him into that recovery/stunned state, and keep him there he's really a non issue. Hell I did it with the cane.

EDIT: I am currently doing my first Chalice dungeon, I'm on level 3 of the Pthumerian Dungeon and man this is too much fun.

Steel

Banned
Man the witch boss was the easiest boss so far. I was sort of scared cause I knew they were going to be twins, but bleh. Maybe it has to do that I was already level ~52 when I encountered them?

Nah, WOH is the pinwheel of this game no matter what level you run into them. I'd also say M
icho
is just as easy.

Jb

Couple of pointers:

• You can interrupt all his Stage 1 attacks with
    any attack of yours
  • He has decent parry windows, so take advantage of that.
  • When he kneels and is glowing at the end of phase 1,
    interrupt with a charged backstab
    . That way you'll negate his buff that'll make it where
    you're bullets will not be able to parry him most of the time (instead will deflect around him).
  • You can target the
    sword he places in the ground in phase 2
    . Focus on destroying that before continuing your attack on the boss proper.
  • During phase 2, focus on trying to parry during his
    scythe attacks
    . Otherwise, do 1 or 2 quick strikes after his
    airborne
    attacks.

I'll have my video of that fight up later today.

Thanks! I think I understand this fight but I always end up falling to one of his 3-hit combo when he's around 25% health, and I hesitate parrying him because I don't want to miss and take a full hit. Really frustrating when know what you need to do but are just failing to execute.

Toxi

Banned
Man the
witch boss
was the easiest boss so far. I was sort of scared cause I knew
they were going to be twins
, but bleh. Maybe it has to do that I was already level ~52 when I encountered them?
LOL that boss took me completely by surprise and killed me twice, but I was a good 30 levels below you. Still pretty embarrassing, but at least I can vouch for them not being as easy as Pinwheel.

Vitor711

Nah, WOH is the pinwheel of this game no matter what level you run into them. I'd also say M
icho
is just as easy.

Haha, get ready for a nasty surprise on NG+. WOH suddenly start spamming their
ranged stun-lock spell. The one that holds you in place and lets them slit your throat. The spell does no damage, but the follow-up will almost kill you if you don't have around 25 points in VIT. And they will close the distance enough to get it off most of the time. Also, good luck dodging those triple homing missiles when they're coming from two witches on the same side of the room.... It's an easy roll once you get used to the tells (hint: listen) but it was a huge shock the first time I faced them in NG+

dzelly

Just started NG+ last night. I always have a hard time adjusting to "just starting out" when I have great gear and a higher level. I ran through the enemies on the way to the Cleric Beast, but I couldn't for the life of me do any kind of real damage to him, and he destroyed me.

Oh well, time to get back to the grindstone tonight and make it happen.

Thanks! I thing I understand this fight but I always end up falling to one of his 3-hit combo when he's around 25% health, and I hesitate parrying him because I don't want to miss and take a full hit. Really frustrating when know what you need to do but are just failing to execute.

Yep, that was where I was getting my ass handed to me as well. It was also the point of the fight where I would be out of quicksilver bullets and couldn't afford to make blood bullets due to his aggression and lack of vials from taking hits from those failed parry attempts.

Same thing with DBP. Know to go for the legs, but most of my attempts had him still hitting me through my rolls and even being towards his back legs, or spamming his AoE with infinite charge.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, sometimes the game has to meet you half-way with the proper strategy.

bobawesome

Eeeheehee. Someone invaded me at Margo's Loft: Middle and I was hiding out in the hidden spot. Their attempt to get into the window led to their death.

I missed the
Umbilical cord in the clinic because I killed the girl because she attacked me, can I still get it?

Is the
prostitute girl safe in the cathedral ward? Because you can get one from her as well

Here is how you do that (be prepared for spoilers for yourself potentially:
If she's in cathedral ward than you are good for now. You must be careful, however, as either the bandage guy or I believe the holy lady that is in the basement of the prison can kill her if you decide to send them to cathedral ward. If either of those two characters arent in the cathedral ward, then all you have to do is wait until very late in the game. The prostitute girl will disappear and you can find her in the basement of that area next to a creature. Kill the creature, and you'll get a cord.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I don't know how much longer I can keep this up. Debating skippin
BSB
and just going through the 10K door and getting on with the game. I thought
Cleric Beast
and
Father G
was a piece of work but
BSB
is bullshit on the highest degree. The poison mechanic only makes shit worse.

I can't kill Logarius... it piss me off so much.

I somehow can pass through his magic phase without much trouble but once he starts to melee attack I can barely touch him without getting damage and I eventualy ran out of vials... a full combo from him and I'm dead. I've seen some videos but people seems to be much more leveled than me because Logarius's attacks do so little damage to them. I'll keep trying.

HORRORSHØW

don't forget to equip your HP regen gems onto your gun and/or secondary melee weapon for passive health regen. it won't be enough mitigation during boss fights but should help when traveling between mobs.

meanspartan

BSB
Cleric Beast
and
Father G
was a piece of work but
BSB

Pungent blood cocktail.

All im gonna say

After you beat
shadows of yharn and go into the house pass the creature that looks like that DS1 boss what's up with the guy in there with the pistol and whip and lasers...wtf

BSB
Cleric Beast
and
Father G
was a piece of work but
BSB

Ring the bell on the shiny spot at the bottom of the stairs (off to the right a little) and an NPC will join you for the fight. Makes it very easy because the NPC keeps aggro on him most of the fight. I beat BSB at level 24 only using 2 vails by doing this.

AngryMoth

Tips on fighting 3 hunters at once? Gettin stomped
Start by backstabbing the one wearing the cage as I believe he has the least health. Run back through level level and try to get it so 2 of them lose agro and you can fight them one at a time. They don't respawn so if you kill one it will be easier next time

Concept17

The fight becomes a lot more manageable if you summon Alfred, who's available near the ramp that leads down into the chapel area just before the boss. You'll see a glowing messenger thing, ring the bell and out he comes. He's a great tank for this fight.

Otherwise, you can parry the boss kind of easily once you learn his patterns.

I...what? Alfred?

I can't kill Logarius... it piss me off so much.

I somehow can pass through his magic phase without much trouble but once he starts to melee attack I can barely touch him without getting damage and I eventualy ran out of vials... a full combo from him and I'm dead. I've seen some videos but people seems to be much more leveled than me because Logarius's attacks do so little damage to them. I'll keep trying.

What level are you? I think I took him down at lvl 63-65.

Pimpbaa

I don't mind difficult games, and in fact I really love this game. But I really hate illogical enemy strength. Why the fuck are those guys that carry around a sack so goddamn strong compared to the other enemies in the areas they are in? I mean their kick is stronger than some boss attacks and if you get hit by their sack it's a one hit kill (depending on your level). Dogs can be a pain too depending on how many. If I was some evil entity orchestrating what is happening. I wouldn't be using giant slow moving monsters, I'd fill the world with those dogs, crows, and sack guys (in groups). I'd also get those fat bloated guys in the chalice dungeons some underwear too.

Ring the bell on the shiny spot at the bottom of the stairs (off to the right a little) and an NPC will join you for the fight. Makes it very easy because the NPC keeps aggro on him most of the fight. I beat BSB at level 24 only using 2 vails by doing this.

Like other Souls games, coop makes so many encounters trivial. The games have never been able to handle it well

breakfuss

Shiiiit, I never - never - thought I'd be excited to get home and play a freaking SOULS game but here I am thinking about it. Goddamn, I finally *get* it. Addictive in the oddest way. "You will not own me, game!"

Lace

Any tips for killing
Eileens nemesis?
Which one?
If you are talking about the final one throw poison daggers or fight him till he double hands and leave the room. He'll keep losing health and die. Or you can cheese him to the doorway and R2 him as he retreats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom