• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT3| I Cane, I Saw, I Conqu- YOU DIED

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So I did it and ran into 3 crows. I guess I didn't get him to spawn or am I just being an idiot?

You might have low insight? I know that area was just a guy hiding behind a cart as you come out of the door, but I came back another time and the bag guy was there.

Did anyone else know you could get +5 bullets by pressing up? That makes magic and especially gun builds (plus blood rapture rune) really feasible I think.

I somehow missed that for my entire first playthrough

Majmun

Just finished the game. Got the true ending. Such an amazing experience. One of the best games I've ever played, really. Loved everything about it.

On to NG+ and Chalice Dungeon.

Invading at Nightmare of Mensis is pretty entertaining. During the past three invades, the host died within 10 seconds of me getting there.

Which one?
If you are talking about the final one throw poison daggers or fight him till he double hands and leave the room. He'll keep losing health and die. Or you can cheese him to the doorway and R2 him as he retreats.
El oh el. I'll gank him legit on NG+

Randam

Did anyone else know you could get +5 bullets by pressing up? That makes magic and especially gun builds (plus blood rapture rune) really feasible I think.

What?
I pressed up so many times by accident.

Good tactic is: press up, when near an easy enemy and then kill him to get your health back.

So I have the Hunter Chief Emblem that's the key to the Grand Cathedral round plaza. I just killed Father G. Is that in Central Yarnham somewhere or have I still not reached it?

So I have the Hunter Chief Emblem that's the key to the Grand Cathedral round plaza. I just killed Father G. Is that in Central Yarnham somewhere or have I still not reached it?
I don't understand the question. Are you asking if that's where you use the key? Or are you asking where Father G is located? You'll know when you use the key because it will tell you.

Also how are you still there bro. Get your priorities straight!

I'm so excited to get the
Wheel
on my strength character to see what the moveset is on that ridiculous looking thing
You can Youtube this stuff.

It isn't exciting or interesting, it's basically a hammer. I was hoping you could use it like a yo-yo or something.

And there is a healing spell. I want SOMEONE to figure out whether blood sacrificing for bullets to use the heal is efficient.

Ferr986

Guys, I'm about to fight the final boss, any missable thing I did miss

I think I found all the optional bosses (Ebrietas, etc)
Got the Rock Blood for a +10 upgrade. Got the 4 chalices... anything else missable?

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Man (one of the final areas spoiler)
Mensis is destroying me. Specifically Lower Margo. The approach to the entrance of the building is tough but I can do it (now that I've had a LOT of practice). Only gotten to the giant spider once or twice. How the fuck does the frenzy work on the way up here? I end up taking a bunch of damage on the way up just from that. And no idea what to do with this spider. Someone help me. I want to cry.

I don't know how much longer I can keep this up. Debating skippin
BSB
and just going through the 10K door and getting on with the game. I thought
Cleric Beast
and
Father G
was a piece of work but
BSB
is bullshit on the highest degree. The poison mechanic only makes shit worse.

I had some troubles here too. He only had one attack I could consistently parry and the blood cocktails were ignored 50% of the time. Eventually, I said fuck it and went full combat mode.

I spent the first phase just moving around, taking pot shots and parrying if he did the raising right hand attack (which he only did once FFS). Phase 2 and 3 was all sidestepping to the right. I've heard people say sidestep left, but I was still getting grazed by him here and there. Anyway, sidestepping to the right and staying behind him allowed me to attack when there was an opportunity and I just picked away at him.

Don't worry about phase 3. I stayed away when he was about to do that obvious poison explosion attack, but otherwise I stayed behind him. The poison was only a hinderance when he actually hit me so as long as I stayed behind him it was cool. In total I used about 2 antidotes and 3 blood vials.

nib95

Banned
So I just beat Blood starved Beast or whatever it's called. Got him on my second try, but I feel like I may have skipped a boss. Presumably BSB is not the third boss?

Jb

Well, this happened...

So after at least 1 hour on L
ogarius
, I had him cornered against a wall during phase one.
He backstepped after I slash him twice..... and falls through the wall and the floor and dies.

Never felt such a weird mix of both glee at getting passed an obstacle and disappointment that I couldn't beat him properly

So... After killing
Rom
I tried to go back to 1st floor clinic to kill
Iofeska
but the door is closed and there's no answer. Did I fuck up?

Wynnebeck

Banned
I had some troubles here too. He only had one attack I could consistently parry and the blood cocktails were ignored 50% of the time. Eventually, I said fuck it and went full combat mode.

I spent the first phase just moving around, taking pot shots and parrying if he did the raising right hand attack (which he only did once FFS). Phase 2 and 3 was all sidestepping to the right. I've heard people say sidestep left, but I was still getting grazed by him here and there. Anyway, sidestepping to the right and staying behind him allowed me to attack when there was an opportunity and I just picked away at him.

Don't worry about phase 3. I stayed away when he was about to do that obvious poison explosion attack, but otherwise I stayed behind him. The poison was only a hinderance when he actually hit me so as long as I stayed behind him it was cool. In total I used about 2 antidotes and 3 blood vials.

See I try to stay behind him, but he turns around on a dime and starts gashing me up which makes me freak out because now I'm poisoned and trying to heal while he's pouncing on me at the same time. I've tried dodging to the right, but he still grazes me. It's infuriating.

E the Shaggy

When do you start getting the ability to do the Chalice Dungeons? Do you have to get up to a certain point in the game or is it an item you can buy from a merchant?

owlbeak

Mensis is destroying me. Specifically Lower Margo. The approach to the entrance of the building is tough but I can do it (now that I've had a LOT of practice). Only gotten to the giant spider once or twice. How the fuck does the frenzy work on the way up here? I end up taking a bunch of damage on the way up just from that. And no idea what to do with this spider. Someone help me. I want to cry.
The Frenzy is based on line of sight with the tower. When the tower lights up with the orange glow, you'll start getting frenzy and taking damage.

It's easier just to RUN across the bridge and break LOS with the tower and get inside as quickly as possible.

So... After killing
Rom
I tried to go back to 1st floor clinic to kill
Iofeska
but the door is closed and there's no answer. Did I fuck up?

No. You can still get there through a shortcut in the Forbidden Woods that will take you into a cave and up a ladder and outside the clinic from the other side, where you can get up on a roof and get inside and talk to her.

Sweet, thanks guys.

Pyro I've been busy lol. Also wanted to finish up my second DAI playthrough before I really sink into this :D
I'm gonna pretend you didn't prioritize a second DAI playthrough before finishing this.

Well, this happened...

So after at least 1 hour on L
ogarius
, I had him cornered against a wall during phase one.
He backstepped after I slash him twice..... and falls through the wall and the floor and dies.

Never felt such a weird mix of both glee at getting passed an obstacle and disappointment that I couldn't beat him properly
fate was against you on this day. God didn't believe you could do it.

OK ROM is annoying...tips?
bolt paper your weapon! Ignore the spiders whenever you can and just hit the dude. Especially if all the spiders are on one side. Also when he rolls on his back the rocks come from the ground up around him so back away. When he stands up they're coming from the sky so roll in random directions.
GLHF.

Run like hell, run past the big spider, run past the guy on the bridge, go down the stairs in the next room and turn right. you'll see a small passage way to an elevator, outside the elevator is another lantern. You can now use that lantern to skip all the running, and if you desire you can go back and kill the guy on the bridge.

Dereck

Looking to co-op explore/kill all enemies in Forbidden Woods, not looking to kill the boss right now, I'm level 62, if you wanna play hit me up on steam: Cliinf, or PSN: legsock, I'll edit this post whenever I am no longer willing to co-op, thanks.

EDIT: Done

What?
I pressed up so many times by accident.

Good tactic is: press up, when near an easy enemy and then kill him to get your health back.

You can Youtube this stuff.

It isn't exciting or interesting, it's basically a hammer. I was hoping you could use it like a yo-yo or something.

And there is a healing spell. I want SOMEONE to figure out whether blood sacrificing for bullets to use the heal is efficient.

Both good ideas! I was thinking a Bloodtinge build with visceral Attack up/visceral Attack healing runes. 5 chances to parry (and you do damage regardless), parry revives your lost health and then some, repeat if you have to.

See I try to stay behind him, but he turns around on a dime and starts gashing me up which makes me freak out because now I'm poisoned and trying to heal while he's pouncing on me at the same time. I've tried dodging to the right, but he still grazes me. It's infuriating.

Out of curiosity, what level and gear are you wearing?
The first set had decent poison resistance and I think my endurance was like 18-20, which helped too. I also feel like I was constantly moving, always sidestepping because he turned so much and then attacked while he was busy attacking air. Early on I was just trying to sidestep when he went for an attack, but I kept getting nabbed by his OHK attack. Was a pain in the ass.

Both good ideas! I was thinking a Bloodtinge build with visceral Attack up/visceral Attack healing runes. 5 chances to parry (and you do damage regardless), parry revives your lost health and then some, repeat if you have to.
This is so "duh", but I didn't think of it. Great idea.

I think Bloodtinge builds are probably the strongest. Not sure about Arcane...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom