• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodbrone is reportedly coming to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Fuck, this is amazing news if the rumor is true. I'm in a dilemma though. Days Gone is half off right now, but I'm suspecting it might be coming to PC in the near future too, do I jump on the PS4 deal or just wait it out....hmm....

MDSLKTR

Gold Member
x8NFmCD.jpg

Bryank75

Banned
Aren’t you guys all rah-rah about “it’s about the games, not the consoles”? If they end up selling more games to a larger audience and sell a few less consoles, what’s the big deal?
Well the point of making exclusives in the fist place is to sell more consoles... so it is circular.
In the PS3 days it was what saved the platform from utter failure.

I guess they don't see the need anymore, now that they have seen success but what happens if next gen sales fall or they feel threatened?

I also have a problem with them making billions for Sony, yet not making any significant acquisitions (Insomniac should have been bought years ago).
27.4 B just sitting in accounts, while Tencent makes very suspicious moves and MS snapped up about 5 studios in one go.... very disappointed with the lack of aggressive business moves.

I'd be adding exclusives and reasons to buy, not diminishing them...

Senua

Gold Member
Well the point of making exclusives in the fist place is to sell more consoles... so it is circular.

I guess they don't see the need anymore, now that they have seen success but what happens if next gen sales fall or they feel threatened?

I also have a problem with them making billions for Sony, yet not making any significant acquisitions (Insomniac should have been bought years ago).
27.4 B just sitting in accounts, while Tencent makes very suspicious moves and MS snapped up about 5 studios in one go.... very disappointed with the lack of aggressive business moves.

Lol you guys get way too wrapped up in the business side of things. This is great for consumers!

I gotta say, the port begging game has evolved so much throughout the years that it has reached a point where a flashing dollar sign has these suits trampling all over console business fundamentals. Fishing in a pond. Still too long of a wait as it stands, barring the dry season of Xbox exclusives. Gears 5 was done dirty, RIP.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Lol you guys get way too wrapped up in the business side of things. This is great for consumers!
Consumers? No..it's great for PC gamers. It's absolutely irrelevant or annoying to PlayStation customers...

I don't have the influence to change these things, so all I will say is: enjoy the game, it's amazing. My seven year old plays it all the time, he is at Darkbeast Paarl atm.

Consumers? No..it's great for PC gamers. It's absolutely irrelevant or annoying to PlayStation customers...

I don't have the influence to change these things, so all I will say is: enjoy the game, it's amazing. My seven year old plays it all the time, he is at Darkbeast Paarl atm.

Damn bro.... I can only imagine the skills your son will have at age 10. Blind walkthrough of Sekiro? :messenger_winking_tongue:

Senua

Gold Member

I'm a playstation customer, I've already beaten the game on PS4. This is awesome news to me. Even if you don't have a PC, more people get to play an awesome game, how is that a negative thing?

Bryank75

Banned
I'm a playstation customer, I've already beaten the game on PS4. This is awesome news to me. Even if you don't have a PC, more people get to play an awesome game, how is that a negative thing?
I just have a vision for PlayStation to be the biggest name in gaming, far bigger than it is.... It doesn't look like PlayStation is half as ambitious or aggressive as I want them to be.

My opinion is that crossplay, cross-saves, bringing games to PC and streaming is all crap. Bin all of that, focus on building the closed system, same as Nintendo.

Senua

Gold Member
I just have a vision for PlayStation to be the biggest name in gaming, far bigger than it is.... It doesn't look like PlayStation is half as ambitious or aggressive as I want them to be.

My opinion is that crossplay, cross-saves, bringing games to PC and streaming is all crap. Bin all of that, focus on building the closed system, same as Nintendo.
Dude you're talking like a CEO or something lol

DeaDPo0L84

Horizon and Bloodborne are two of my favorite playstation 4 games,got the platinum for each and can't wait to finally play them in a much improved fashion, especially Bloodborne.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
If this continues it won't be long before we have an avalanche of voices demanding to get Herman Hulst the fuck out Sony.
Because Sony wants more people to buy their games? Yes, fire someone for making money, I’m sure the shareholders would be thrilled!

Doom85

All playstation games that didnt sell well should go to PC.

Actually, Sony had stated that Bloodborne did far better than they were expecting. They were hoping it would sell even better than the prior Souls games (likely due to being one of PS4's first big exclusives) and it sold even better than THAT.

No the point of exclusives isn't to sell consoles, you got that backwards.

EX4N_FxXQAA1VSL

The point of selling consoles is to sell hardware so you can get roped up in their ecosystem and buy software and subscriptions. That's why they're willing to sell consoles at a loss. They don't sell the hardware for profit, they sell it for the consumers to buy games. If Sony could have their way and sell PSN on PC, you can bet they would. There's always a significantly bigger loss attributed to hardware and it has a slimmer profit margin than software. Sony isn't stupid. They see the PC market is ripe for the picking and are testing the waters but they don't wanna risk alienating the fanboys or damaging their brands. They also can't afford to just sit around whilst Microsoft is getting aggressing and snapping up PC gamers and taking their money.

Last edited:
Actually, Sony had stated that Bloodborne did far better than they were expecting. They were hoping it would sell even better than the prior Souls games (likely due to being one of PS4's first big exclusives) and it sold even better than THAT.
Driveclub Knack Bloodborne, what do they share?

Vitacat

Hope it's true. Definitely would double dip.

Would be a great game to play on my GPD Win Max. :p

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
No the point of exclusives isn't to sell consoles, you got that backwards.

EX4N_FxXQAA1VSL

The point of selling consoles is to sell hardware so you can get roped up in their ecosystem and buy software and subscriptions. That's why they're willing to sell consoles at a loss. They don't sell the hardware for profit, they sell it for the consumers to buy games. If Sony could have their way and sell PSN on PC, you can bet they would. There's always a significantly bigger loss attributed to hardware and it has a slimmer profit margin than software. Sony isn't stupid. They see the PC market is ripe for the picking and are testing the waters but they don't wanna risk alienating the fanboys or damaging their brands. They also can't afford to just sit around whilst Microsoft is getting aggressing and snapping up PC gamers and taking their money.
You miss my point, exclusives make a console more attractive... same as Nintendo. THEN they make money off the subs and 3rd party software etc.

If they bring games to PC, they are opening their platform and losing all 3rd party sales... which is potentially billion ans billions of dollars. They also lose subscriptions because PC doesn't pay for online. They lose all chances to sell service. It;s only negative for them.

Doom85

Driveclub Knack Bloodborne, what do they share?

I'm assuming similar sales numbers, but that's removing context from it and thus making it a meaningless number. Budget and expectations are more important than just simply throwing out a sales number. If something like a new GTA did Bloodborne's numbers, yes that would be a massive bomb given GTA's budget and expectations, but Bloodborne isn't GTA. The game was a massive success regardless given the full context. Sony has stated they were beyond impressed with Bloodborne's sales and given that it's their system they have the final say on the matter, so someone saying it "didn't say well" is an objectively false statement.

DavidGzz

Hell yeah, now make a spiritual successor the same way Dark Souls was to Demons multiplatform while you're at it FromSoftware. Gimme everything on PC.

Fanboys, lol, more about waving their pompoms than they are about something that is good for all gamers.

Last edited:

YCoCg

Gold Member
And no doubt it'll be left up to modders to fix shit like frame pacing. Also I fully support console exclusives heading to PC at the end of a generation, it's better than leaving them locked to a platform with zero support, look at games like Drive Club, Wipeout, etc, which Sony tried to push early on in the gen and then abandoned again, at least giving them a second chance on PC would be a good send off and another chance to recoup costs, even more so if they still can't do Backwards Compatibility properly.

The sale angle doesn't work that well. It's hit and miss. Look at Gears 5. There is no guarantee those games would have sold well on PC. There is no guarantee AAA PS exclusives would sell as well as they do on PS platforms if they went to PC. Specially if years out and out of mainstream view. This is a little experiment some suits want to try to pull off, started by MS who could care less - and Sony following suit like they did with PS Plus. Obviously Sony is being more cautious, but is just as greedy.

Last edited:
You miss my point, exclusives make a console more attractive... same as Nintendo. THEN they make money off the subs and 3rd party software etc.

If they bring games to PC, they are opening their platform and losing all 3rd party sales... which is potentially billion ans billions of dollars. They also lose subscriptions because PC doesn't pay for online. They lose all chances to sell service. It;s only negative for them.
And they also realize an enormous chunk of the market will never move to PS no matter what. Which is why they release some games years later on PC, after they have dried up on their consoles.

Bryank75

Banned
And they also realize an enormous chunk of the market will never move to PS no matter what. Which is why they release some games years later on PC, after they have dried up on their consoles.
I'm ok with a few games going to PC a year or two later if they are not first party but they need to make things clear to fans.... right now it's so random and really annoying when this comes out of nowhere.

Brofist

Just the beginning of the changing of times. People act like MS had been doing this for years but it wasn't that long ago that they would never release on PC as well. Don't worry guys, just as Xbox fans have come to grips so will you.

Just be happy that Sony is stubborn enough that they'll give you a year exclusivity so you can beta test the games

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
The second of many to come. Can't wait to see fanboys go insane when their PS5 exclusives get released on PC day one. Then, I will laugh my ass off for one simple reason - if you're a PS5 console gamer and not a PC gamer whatsoever, why even care? SMH.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Yep, just wait and see once Horizon is released. Shareholders are going to learn to code to deliver those ports ASAP.

I've been getting the itch to start a new game on PS4 but I keep hearing these rumors.

Really hope it's true. Can't wait to play this one at 1440p 60fps

sn0man

I think this is a dangerous game. I left Xbox because of the online DRM shenanigans. I’ve stayed away from them because of the fact that if I have to get online I might as well go digital, if I go digital I might as well go PC. (I’ve honestly had a PC since the 1990s for gaming).

This is dangerous because we are in PS5 launch window and the world is already crazy.

If PlayStation is looking to become SEGA and just publish software, then by all means go ahead and publish on PC. But if you’re trying to promote an ecosystem and it seems your new console is less graphically (usually the metric that factors into sales) powerful, you need exclusives. It’s the beginning of the generation and if Sony communicates that PS5 games will come to PC in the 3–5 year window then I’ll just skip PS5 and get a Ryzen 3 + RTX3080 gaming PC.

Put another way: If this were rerelease some PS3 games on PS4 and simultaneously release a PC port; okay fine, but the PS5 isn’t hear and it seems the PC is just a better investment.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
HDZ and Bloodborne going to PC.

I hope this means they're working on enhanced versions for the PS5.

Fuck, this is amazing news if the rumor is true. I'm in a dilemma though. Days Gone is half off right now, but I'm suspecting it might be coming to PC in the near future too, do I jump on the PS4 deal or just wait it out....hmm....
The real question is: how much do you want to play the game?
Just answer honestly.
If you want to play it, just go for it, it's a good game.
If you see yourself wait easily for a maybe yes/maybe no future port then you probably don't have too much interest in playing it, so hold on. Probably you can find another game you want to play more right now.
It easy, listen to your desire and curiosity and don't hold yourself if it's the case.

Pejo

The real question is: how much do you want to play the game?
Just answer honestly.
If you want to play it, just go for it, it's a good game.
If you see yourself wait easily for a maybe yes/maybe no future port then you probably don't have too much interest in playing it, so hold on. Probably you can find another game you want to play more right now.
It easy, listen to your desire and curiosity and don't hold yourself if it's the case.
Good call, I'm just going to wait. If there's one thing I've learned and gotten good at since switching to primarily PC, is being patient for both games to arrive and sales. Thanks!

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
PS4 games going PC isn't a disrespect and shows SONY has courage to plant flags in the PC worlds.

Senua

Gold Member
Great PC peasants can get a taste of Bloodborne and then buy the exclusive Bloodborne 2 :messenger_beaming:
That's if there ever is a Bloodborne 2

The sale angle doesn't work that well. It's hit and miss. Look at Gears 5. There is no guarantee those games would have sold well on PC. There is no guarantee AAA PS exclusives would sell as well as they do on PS platforms if they went to PC. Specially if years out and out of mainstream view. This is a little experiment some suits want to try to pull off, started by MS who could care less - and Sony following suit like they did with PS Plus. Obviously Sony is being more cautious, but is just as greedy.
Bloodborne would sell fuck loads on Steam, Souls games are huge on PC.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Hope it is true. It's a crime that this game is locked to a weak ass platform that runs like shit.

Let me play at 4k 144hz and disable that fucking CA filter. Even if the game only hits 60hz I'm some one will mod it to run higher.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom