• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: CD Projekt Aims to Redeem Cyberpunk 2077 With Major Expansion

I don't think the foundation that Cyber Punk is built on is capable of Rockstar level of polish. It's like Skyrim in that way. Even 10+ years later, there are still going to be shitload of bugs

Gamers were way too premature to anoint CDPR. Witcher 3 was the only major success they had. To think they could easily shift from a 3rd person action adventure game to a 1st person massive RPG seamlessly was ignorant. There is a reason why Rockstar games are so polished. They stick to what they do well and perfect it
Except cyberpunk had better gunplay mechanics and quests than fallout and deus ex...in fact it was the best of the open world rpg genre with the witcher 3 only competing in quests. I could double, dash, slow mo, dagger throw, stealth grab, shoot out of cover, ground slide, hold stance with melee weapons, etc. you cant do that shit in any open world rpg. AND the quests were not just fetch quests? Pretty much witcher quality? There isnt one single game thats a first person rpg that is doing that. Not fucking one. Please show me which one lol id love to play it.

I cant go play most open worlds and get the same presentation, quest uniqueness, and gameplay in one game. The fact that most gamers didnt appreciate that was wild to me. Hurtful to the industry almost.

Last edited:
CDProjekt ain't some new 50-people studio wanting to push way above their weight with a AA game, actually they were one of the most powerful and richest independent AAA game studios in the world. So they have no excuse for the unpolished burning pile of crap that was Cyberpunk at launch. Couldn't care less about all your ambition if the execution is so uneven and straight up broken.

Hopefully this Phantom Liberty expansion will live up to the standard of quality of Rockstar's releases, which is what they promised for Cyberpunk.

Wait they showed you a 50 minute demo. That demo explicitly said it was an RPG, and that 50 minute demo promised you great stroylines and quests and showed you the presentation and gameplay.

You got that. No other fucking open world rpg of recent touches their quests. Everything else is fetch quest level in comparison. Only the witcher 3 competes. And as I said above, please show me the game that gave me the same presentation, gunplay mechanics with dashes, slides, cover shooting, hold stances, double jumps, mobility etc, and witcher quest quality in one game.

Bethesda sure aint doing it, so as a gamer why arent you recognizing that? Theres only so many games, you playing something amazing that has all that and im missing out?

and every piece of media after that promised the core ideas that the witcher promised, an open world rpg with narrative focus, higher quality quests, gunplay.

What do you feel they promised that they didnt give you? Lol I saw the same media and felt like I got a CDPR game. Sounds like you wanted GTA in Night City.

Except cyberpunk had better gunplay mechanics and quests than fallout and deus ex...in fact it was the best of the open world rpg genre with the witcher 3 only competing in quests. I could double, dash, slow mo, dagger throw, stealth grab, shoot out of cover, ground slide, hold stance with melee weapons, etc. you cant do that shit in any open world rpg. AND the quests were not just fetch quests? Pretty much witcher quality? There isnt one single game thats a first person rpg that is doing that. Not fucking one. Please show me which one lol id love to play it.

I cant go play most open worlds and get the same presentation, quest uniqueness, and gameplay in one game. The fact that most gamers didnt appreciate that was wild to me. Hurtful to the industry almost.
I agree the game is incredibly unique with a lot of content. But the AI is still shitty and the world is still quite lifeless. And the Gameplay is good compared to other massive open world RPG's, but it is still nothing to write home about. It's not the main reason why people play the game

Krathoon

I like how people just walk behind your car when you are backing out. I don't know if they fixed that.

I remember this one time where my friend totally walked through my car.

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I hope they redo the VA, it’s so cringe I can’t get myself to do the missions … Blade runner worked just fine with people using proper English.

ahtlas7

I Hope So GIF by Talk Stoop

I have had 2-3 false starts on this game. I’d really like a full play through after 2 years.

Ozriel

M$FT
What does CP2077 do which is such a revolution? Apart from the graphics, nothing. They lost all credibility to me, but you set your own limits and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

But your Steam review - which you shared earlier - says

Despite everything, I managed to appreciate the game under certain aspects: a dark universe, full of details with a high quality soundtrack and endearing and well-written characters.
Visually it's a great success, with a city to die for that has a real identity. The characters are extremely detailed with animations which in my opinion are the best of what can be done today. The places visited are all worked with care.

The pure gameplay works very well. The double jump opens the door to a lot of possibilities and the Deus Ex aspect (from 2010 and +) in open world stands out a lot.

So it’s weird for you to say the visuals are the only positives.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
But your Steam review - which you shared earlier - says

What's up with people not able to read basic sentences? I asked what does the game do that is so revolutionary (which nobody's answered btw, how curious) except the graphics. I'm not saying it's the only positive things in this game, quite the opposite in fact as stated in my Steam reviews but people just like to read whatever the fuck they want and then insult you, right ZehDon ZehDon ?

ZehDon

Gold Member
What's up with people not able to read basic sentences? I asked what does the game do that is so revolutionary (which nobody's answered btw, how curious) except the graphics. I'm not saying it's the only positive things in this game, quite the opposite in fact as stated in my Steam reviews but people just like to read whatever the fuck they want and then insult you, right ZehDon ZehDon ?
No, no - I was very clear: I mocked you. And I'll keep doing it because it's been three years. CDPR offered full, no questions asked refunds. If you took the refund, then you lost nothing, and have no reason to be angry. If you didn't take the refund, then you accepted the game as it was, and have no reason to be angry. So, if you're still this angry, then the only left to do is openly mock your YouTube-tier "stay angry gamerz" nonsense.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
No, no - I was very clear: I mocked you. And I'll keep doing it because it's been three years. CDPR offered full, no questions asked refunds. If you took the refund, then you lost nothing, and have no reason to be angry. If you didn't take the refund, then you accepted the game as it was, and have no reason to be angry. So, if you're still this angry, then the only left to do is openly mock your YouTube-tier "stay angry gamerz" nonsense.
Again, reading comprehension problem. I forgive you.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I can read just fine:

🤡
Yeah let's pretend it's the only thing I said in this thread about the game right? But I'm asking someone acting like a 12yo to turn on his few brain cells so yeah, I shouldn't be surprised.
Any word on the bug with the NPCs changing/disappearing as soon as you AIM? Tell me, what is such a revolution in this game? At least try to prove me wrong.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Lol, why would anyone engage with such an evidently disingenuous opinion? Go fish somewhere else. Stay angry though - can't let CDPR get away with their scam!
Yeah what I said, game is ok tier at best. Thx for admitting you have nothing of substance to say.

Ozriel

M$FT
Yeah what I said, game is ok tier at best. Thx for admitting you have nothing of substance to say.

Again, your own review you wrote on Steam when you didn’t have an audience to go ‘angry gamer’ on:

- a dark universe, full of details with a high quality soundtrack and endearing and well-written characters.
-Visually it's a great success, with a city to die for that has a real identity.
- The characters are extremely detailed with animations which in my opinion are the best of what can be done today.
-The places visited are all worked with care.

- The pure gameplay works very well.

- The double jump opens the door to a lot of possibilities and the Deus Ex aspect (from 2010 and +) in open world stands out a lot.

All that praise and now it’s ‘OK at best’ 😀

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Again, your own review you wrote on Steam when you didn’t have an audience to go ‘angry gamer’ on:

- a dark universe, full of details with a high quality soundtrack and endearing and well-written characters.
-Visually it's a great success, with a city to die for that has a real identity.
- The characters are extremely detailed with animations which in my opinion are the best of what can be done today.

- The double jump opens the door to a lot of possibilities and the Deus Ex aspect (from 2010 and +) in open world stands out a lot.

It baffle me that I have to explain this but yes, nothing is black or white. It's more complex.
Like I said, I'm not a dumb troll with no arguments. I've played the game, I know what I'm talking about and I can recognize the good things CP2077 is doing.
But on the other hand, I'm not blindfolded by it's graphics and I can see the many flaws this game had and still has.

Btw, any news on that multiplayer mode? Oh it's dead? What a surprise...

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Played for an hour or so (the VA was to much for me, as was the bad UI and aiming on console). Hope they turn this around and I can give this another go. Would really love to like the game.

Honestly, that's exactly my take on the game as well.

It's a meh game. It has certain parts of it that are well done, but the total is less than the sum of the parts because the different elements of the game do not mesh together well at all. I honestly have no desire to revisit Night City after playing through the campaign, and I have no intention of getting this expansion. That's why I said the game is not redeemable for me, because I have no interest in returning to that world.

Top Bottom