• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blu-ray, HD DVD talks fail

krypt0nian said:
Sooo....current HD-DVD/Blu-Ray studio breakdowns?

HD-DVD
--------------------
Warner Bros
New-Line (part of WB)
Paramount
Universal

Blu-Ray
-------------------------
Columbia (Sony)
MGM (Sony)
Buena Vista/Disney
Fox

sonycowboy said:
HD-DVD
--------------------
Warner Bros
New-Line (part of WB)
Paramount
Universal

Blu-Ray
-------------------------
Columbia (Sony)
MGM (Sony)
Buena Vista/Disney
Fox

Cheers, SC.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
DCX said:
Yeah who gave a fuck before DVD, you never really saw TV show box sets on VHS did you? If you have a HDTV you want to see EVERYTHING in HD...even your local news...
I agree, but there is no fucking way I'm re-buying all of my Simpsons sets, Seinfeld sets, Curb Your Enthusiasm sets, etc again. These shows won't look any better in HD resolutions, so I don't see the point. Even if DVD is made obsolete by HD-DVD or Blu-Ray (which I don't think will happen, the "next" format will be the one to do it), I'm keeping my old TV DVDs.

If you have a HDTV you want to see EVERYTHING in HD...even your local news...

I do have an HDTV (53"), and have for over four years. I still watch lots of DVD and standard def broadcast, and it doesn't bother me. I'd definitely like my favorite films in high-def but I really wouldn't be motivated to spend much upgrading TV box sets (of the ones that can be upgraded, which is mostly just really old stuff that was wholly produced on film and brand new stuff that was produced with HD in mind).

Top Bottom