• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boiling UMDs?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
My Japanese lumines, after weeks in a dirty backpack, finally quit booting. Anyone tried resurfacing, boiling or otherwise repairing a fuxored UMD?

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
http://shop.brando.com.hk/pspumdcleaningsystem.php

pspumdcleaningsystem2.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Vark said:
Except you know.. the fact that it's a cart.
But the connector is completely exposed when a card's not in the DS or a case so it can be easily damaged.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
this is why i plan to do memory stick loading in the future. for the games i own, of course. not only do you protect your discs, but it saves load time tremendously

Stinkles

the problem with UMDs is that they trap sharp bits of dirt almost comically well, and then spin up to a squillion RPMs with like, pubes in 'em.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
On one of my games the plastic window part collapsed so the disc couldn't spin. I had to reseat the window back into its groove and then it worked. Kind of lame that they made them so weak :(.

Stinkles

and on a PORTABLE FUCKING OPTICAL SYSTEM while we're at it. What, they thought nobody was going to carry their portable system around in like a bag?

zooL

Man it just sucks that Sony chose to let a window open in their UMDs instead of protecting it like MiniDiscs or FloppyDisks. (Sorry for my bad English... I am drunk and German. :Þ)

Barnimal

Banned
if it doesnt work why are you even asking? would we have electricity if ben franklin went and asked around the bonfire what a key tied to a kite would do? boil the fucking thing already.

Top Bottom