• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands (2024) Official Trailer

nani17

are in a big trouble
Screenshot-2024-02-21-171551.png

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Eh looks okay

begotten

Is rainbow vomit and random explosions of colour the new cool thing that all these comic book / game films do now? I don't get it.

Zuzu

Hmm, it looks like it's missing another layer of production value polish. And the dialogue will make or break this film; it seems average from this trailer - neither good nor awful.

ManaByte

Gold Member
While everyone is jumping on the movie's grave, you should know the person who direct this also made the Anti-Era movie Green Inferno. It's about a bunch of Era mods who decide to fly to South America and help the poor natives by protesting a gas company and their plane crash lands and they all get eaten by the cannibals they wanted to help.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Cate Blanchet with fake plastic hair ?! WTF who casted that.
And Tiny Tina is insufferable in any form.
Anyway - Looks about right. I skipped through the trailer since it was boring

Doom85

Looks decent enough. Some moments are amusing, some moments miss. So in other words, pretty faithful to the humor of the games (Tales from the Borderlands was the only one with consistently great humor).

I know some are complaining about Lilith being much older, which okay, fair, but I’ll facepalm if there is any bitching about Moxxi’s age. She actually is canonically in her 50’s in the games which makes sense since she’s Ellie’s mother and Ellie looks like late 20’s at the absolutely youngest.

StueyDuck

Kind of exactly what I expected. And I don't know if that's a good thing.

I don't see this being a decent surprise like twisted metal

hinch7

Looks positively awful. And Cate Blanchet looks way out of place lol. Who decided to cast her as Siren??

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

i was expecting something worse, KH as Roland is a weird choice, he dont fit Rolands character at all and Tina is way off ( she dosnt look that crazy in the trailer ), the rest is ok(ish).

Last edited:
Looks better than the Marvels and I folded laundry to that shit show. Looks mediocre, but I don't mind video game IP's finally getting their moment, so I'm in.

HoodWinked

What a waste. You see something that could have been decent but it's so woefully miscast. The casting director sunk this movie before they started filming. Having two olds throws off vibe, Kevin does not fit the role at all, Tina misses on the character.

Heard Bobby Lee was in it so seeing him in the trailer was neat. Also Mad Moxxi looked nice for that split second.

while I won't place too much hope into this, it doesn't look as terrible as I expected, so there's something I guess. the cast is pretty good at least, I will probably give it a try once it's out.

As I thought, Kevin Hart is playing the comedic straight man instead of being the butt of the joke.

Comedy-wise it makes more sense because it takes place in a world of craziness.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
While everyone is jumping on the movie's grave, you should know the person who direct this also made the Anti-Era movie Green Inferno. It's about a bunch of Era mods who decide to fly to South America and help the poor natives by protesting a gas company and their plane crash lands and they all get eaten by the cannibals they wanted to help.
Eli Roth even brought up Gamergate in one of his interviews and from what I read he wasn't against it....

Top Bottom