• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 3 |OT| Vault Hunter, Welcome Back To The Borderlands

Eyeron

Caved and bought the super deluxe for a very slight discount on cdkeys. Gonna be tough splitting my time between this and WoW Classic.

FMXVII

Well noone is telling you not to play the game so :)

The funny thing is, people are defending the fact that you can't skip the extremely shitty cut-scenes as if it wasn't a deliberate choice on Gearbox's part to shove their SJW alphabet soup of skittles down everyone's throats.

Of course it was.

It is a shit move.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
AND THERE IT IS.

The reason for "exclusive" Epic-Store only review copies.

...because the console versions suck - bad.
yeah they suck so bad you can even play splitscreen on them

BOOO CONSOLES BOOO

MMaRsu

Banned
yeah they suck so bad you can even play splitscreen on them

BOOO CONSOLES BOOO

At what framerate though? Can you at least try not to be a total fanboy and give thw game its fair shake? Cmon man.

Noone here is saying Boo consoles except.. you actually.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Found it for $48 here (PC), with coupon code Gamingtime , so I couldn't resist. I received the key for it instantly, if anyone is on the fence like I was and has doubts about the site.

I'm not even sure this game will have legs for me, but we'll see. I enjoyed BL2 during my relatively short time with it, but the general gameplay (particularly the gunplay) felt too sloppy for me. BL3 seems to have improved on that, so I'll give it a shot...

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I’m level 10 and just left Pandora. Man I forgot how long the first few hours of Borderlands can be when you don’t really have any exciting weapons or skills and just have to use whatever it is that you find.

Auto-looting cash and ammo is a godsend, so is being able to refill all your ammo with one button press.

Can’t wait to play more tonight.

BigLee74

Runs like crap. Resolution mode looks great, but a poor 30 fps. Jerky with bad frame pacing. Performance mode looks noticably worse, and is definitely dipping...far from a locked 60. This is on the X.

I’m level 10 and just left Pandora. Man I forgot how long the first few hours of Borderlands can be when you don’t really have any exciting weapons or skills and just have to use whatever it is that you find.

Auto-looting cash and ammo is a godsend, so is being able to refill all your ammo with one button press.

Can’t wait to play more tonight.

The intro to Borderlands 2 is my lest favorite part of that game. I have played it multiple times with each class while never beating the game ever. I am pretty sure it has to be the game I have put the most hours in to without actually beating it.

Anyways, after all my whining about pronoun policing and stupid SJW bullshit I cucked and bought the Super Deluxe version to play with a friend. Hopefully the intro to 3 isn't as terrible and repetitive as 2's was. The gameplay improvements are what convinced me to pick this up the most after being certain I wouldn't. At the end of the day I don't care how shit your beliefs are if you put out a great game. Hopefully this is that.

Elginer

Damn some of these textures look like shit and I'm on Pro. What the hell Gearbox? 4k texture pack coming soon or what? Lol

Pagusas

Elden Member
Loving this game, the wife an I played it all night. Super smooth 4K/60fps HDR out of my 1080ti with a mix of high and ultra settings. Her 2070rtx laptop is having no issues hitting 1080p on high settings. The game has been wonderful!

MastAndo

The game is a lot of fun, looks and sounds great, but mostly, I'm really pleased with the refinements to the gunplay. It feels responsive, and a marked improvement from what I remember from BL2. General navigation feels improved as well, with sliding and ledge-grabbing and such.

I'm having some issues with bugs and stuttering though on PC. The latter can be attributed to me trying to run the game with the bare minimum CPU (i5-3570K), and even though I can hit 60 fps most of the time in 1440p with a 2060, with almost everything on high, there are noticeable halts in the action here and there.

I'm also playing with an Xbox controller, comfy couch style, and it is registering button presses in the menus and map that aren't happening. I would think it's a wonky Bluetooth thing, but it's fine in other games. Lastly, I'm in the middle of a multi-part mission, and the marker isn't coming up for this one particular part, so I have no idea where to go.

I'm going to take a break and try updating drivers for the stuttering, but yeah, I mean if you liked BL2 this is a no brainer. It seems like a really refined version of that, gameplay and visuals-wise.

mikemandey

Playing it right now on PC. The game is running great.. Butter smooth 70-80 fps. 1440p Ultra preset on my Ryzen 7 2700x and GTX 1080ti

scalman

Why people allways crying about fps in games. Just any new game comes out and they start to cry . Why i dont have problen with that ever. Can play game on 50 fps or 40 i dont care can play on 30 no problem if game runs smooth. On pc allways going for higher video settings not for fps. On console dont car if some game even dont hit 30 fps . Whats a big deal here anyway? Its not mp game it doesnt need super reaction you dont playing those games for kills.

sendit

Why people allways crying about fps in games. Just any new game comes out and they start to cry . Why i dont have problen with that ever. Can play game on 50 fps or 40 i dont care can play on 30 no problem if game runs smooth. On pc allways going for higher video settings not for fps. On console dont car if some game even dont hit 30 fps . Whats a big deal here anyway? Its not mp game it doesnt need super reaction you dont playing those games for kills.

Because you have a low standard for quality doesn’t mean everyone else should follow.

scalman

No it means it does nothing for me. You all played 28fps games on ps3 and x360 and it was fine, because it was fine. I know what game feels like on 60fps on pc and i allways loose it for better graphics and it doesnt feel any diff so i just enjoy game.
Poor people cant enjoy games just complain all times.
And how you count fps on consoles anyway? If you playing game just to see if its hits 60 fps or not why even bother to play .

FMXVII

No it means it does nothing for me. You all played 28fps games on ps3 and x360 and it was fine, because it was fine. I know what game feels like on 60fps on pc and i allways loose it for better graphics and it doesnt feel any diff so i just enjoy game.
And how you count fps on consoles anyway? If you playing game just to see if its hits 60 fps or not why even bother to play .

Nah.

It's you.

-MD-

I couldn't give less of a shit about graphics, give me better frame rate any day.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Some people are just more sensitive to framerate drops.

Liljagare

AND THERE IT IS.

The reason for "exclusive" Epic-Store only review copies.

...because the console versions suck - bad.

Splitscreen with fullscreen for both players on Ps4 Pro is pretty damn awesomesauce. I am glad that I come from the pixel age.

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
The funny thing is, people are defending the fact that you can't skip the extremely shitty cut-scenes as if it wasn't a deliberate choice on Gearbox's part to shove their SJW alphabet soup of skittles down everyone's throats.

Of course it was.

It is a shit move.
Nah, man.
Whenever incompetence is a possible reason for a failure, it is the most likely cause.
Always suspect incompetence before malicious intent.

Unskippable cutscenes in all games where they exist are down to incompetence. Either tech or design-wise.

Top Bottom