• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

there are 3 stupid good units at the moment

Avant, Sharla (?), Dolk, Chrome in the new batch

These are the current meta units

Mitigation: Dolk, Gazia

BC when attacked: Libera, Nadore

Damage: Avant, Griff, Zedus, Zenia (but slightly fell out of favor due to Gazia), Gazia

Defense buffer: Dolk, Gazia, Aurelia (clashes with Gazia and Dolk), Tridon

Cleanser: Semira(imo), Reeze (when her 7* comes out), Aurelia, Krantz

Elemental Buffer: Ciara (replaced Quaid completely), Griff, Libera, Krantz, Kafka

Status Debuffers: Kafka and Semira

And GAZIA is a free unit for Trial X4 and its a super simple trial if you have enough damage. I two-shot it. First time I did too much damage and bugged it out.

For the free unit, I'll probably go Chrome or Sharla, Sharla is so slot efficient. She has no damaging BB/SBB but brings basically every buff. You then can bring nukers or high hit count/BC generating units without worry of missing buffs.

Also I think you can wait to submit the unit you want. I'm going to wait in case I get sharla or chrome and submit a few weeks later if possible

The announcement says "up to Avant Batch", so if you already have all the awesome SBS units I would go for Avant or Chrome. Personally I'm getting Charis because I expect the Avant batch to pop up in the Popular Rate up for quite a while whereas I don't expect the same for Charis.

Turns out the Avant batch is specifically exempted from the free unit, though.

wait no it isn't... is it?

a. Rare Summon Units [up to Avant Batch], EXCEPT for the following:

avant and co are included

So what's a good unit to get?

What do you have? what are you missing?

Right now if you need a mitigation unit I would go Dolk but Gazia is free in Trial X4 and imo better than dolk overall for most content

If you need a damage buffer, Griff is hot and has a good leader skill

Chrome is a mix of BC gen and damage and is great overall

Avant is the big hotness in terms of damage as well but griff is still comparable due to the elemental buffs griff brings, Avant is just more raw damage in terms of buffs.

I will probably go for Chrome or Charla/Sharla as she is insanely slot efficient and allows me to mix match units more easily.

SBS units in term of meta defining and importance go something like this
Without Gazia: Tridon > Aurelia > Zedus > Hadaron (arena and single target nuker) > Andaria > Ultor
With Gazia its Tridon > Zedus > Hadaron = Andaria > Aurelia > Ultor
imo.

The only one you shouldn't go out of your way to get is Andaria, and Ultor. All of them are still really strong. Aurelia only drops in importance because her biggest buff clashes with gazia's buff.

Also if you need a BC when attacked (mandatory buff in trials, GQ, and some GGC) is Nadore and Libera. Nadore > Libera if you have Gazia (imo).

Yeah, my bad. I read that as "up to but not including".

Still need my damned Tridon.

BTW I would only recommend tridon if you have the unit needed to evolve him. I don't know if they added the SBS dungeons in the daily vortex dungeons but prev you had to wait for the next SBS event to even evolve the SBS units lol.

All of these new units. Woof. Maybe I should just stop playing because it's getting hard to keep up.

Here's the stuff I have up until now.

http://imgur.com/a/x3SXM

you don't need a lot of the new units to keep up.

Units that I see that you have that are still very viable are
1) Zeldus(sp? tower water guy)
2) Melchios
3) Selena
4) Kira for damage farming squads (Frontier Hunter and Frontier gate)
5) Ciara (best elemental buffer and very good attack buffer)
6) Raydn (gets a 7*)
7) Elza is getting a 7*
8) Deimos is good for some content but can screw you as well due to his taunting natur and BC when attacked
9) Grah 6* is not bad for some content due to his leader skill
10) Ruby is still Frontier Hunter Terminus Queen. Very high hit count, gen BB gauge on spark and no extra damage. Great spark blanket for many units
11) Claire isn't totally bad, just outplaced. I can still see her being very viable for most content.

I'm sure you still have a ton of the older units that are still very viable.

Old units that have a 7* that are viable still are
Reeze, Melchios, Sargarveal (whatever lightning horse is called), Selena, Edea (very very much so), Michelle (very strong still), all the SBS units, Griel (lightning angel chick), Kikuri, Lunaris, Elimo, Will (still strong in Japan), Vertri (earth tree healer), Alyut, Shera, Vishra, and a few more.

Then you got the free units that are strong still such as Ark, Gazia, Paris, and Grah.

Honestly, the game does a decent job at not requiring top tier units. If you need units to progress its probably the core required abilities (mitigation, bc when attacked).

With God Gate coming soon, it will help new people more. God gate is a summoning gate (same 5 gems) that only pulls from 7* capable units.

Primus

BTW I would only recommend tridon if you have the unit needed to evolve him. I don't know if they added the SBS dungeons in the daily vortex dungeons but prev you had to wait for the next SBS event to even evolve the SBS units lol.

SBS dungeons show up every Thursday now, so you get once a week to try to farm what you need. Been working for a few weeks on the units to evolve my Andaria and Ultor, but no dice yet.

^ Is Reeze 7* out yet?

And GAZIA is a free unit for Trial X4 and its a super simple trial if you have enough damage. I two-shot it. First time I did too much damage and bugged it out.

Hardest part about X4 is getting through X3.

I'm still torn on my free unit since I have MOST of the meta units. I pulled Chrome during the first day which was who I was going to choose.

I think I'll go with Avant, just because. Already have Zedus though.

Oh well.

^ Is Reeze 7* out yet?

Hardest part about X4 is getting through X3.

I'm still torn on my free unit since I have MOST of the meta units. I pulled Chrome during the first day which was who I was going to choose.

I think I'll go with Avant, just because. Already have Zedus though.

Oh well.
Reeze 7* isn't out yet, its the next batch.

Charla is great overall and I can't see her use going away any time soon as she is slot efficient.

You can cheese X3 if you have the right units.

Bring the light atk/def buff item, bring brute elixer, 5 fujins,

Do Kira (lead and friend), and strong hitting light units. I used Ark, Nemethgear, Raaga, Melchios.

Make your first team a normal team, and bring Xie Jing close to like 60% but not past 50% with normal strats and make sure to use no items.

2nd team with the Kira and all light. Use all the items and kill xie jing. You can technically OHK from 100% to 0 but it takes some luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZvxFy0exU0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dwFni9JDxs

Shouta

I already have Tridon. He should be in that pic... or not.

I have him 7-stared, max leveled, UBB, and I think Max Imped.

I already have Tridon. He should be in that pic... or not.

I have him 7-stared, max leveled, UBB, and I think Max Imped.

then yeah I'm leaning towards Chrome for you. Avant is great for damage but Chrome is a good mix between BC sustainability and damage.

http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Calamity_Steel_Chrome

edit
https://www.reddit.com/r/bravefront...t_should_i_choose_megathread/?sort=confidence
first reply in reddit under best gives a breakdown of hot units. Look for what you need and go from there.

Shouta

I could use more Dark Units. Chrome it is.

I've got Ciara, Zedus, and Tridon already too so that covers most of the big niches from that list.

Just add Gazia + Chrome leads and Andaria sub and you have a damn solid team

yep.

Actually I can see a really good squad if you just get like one or two units anytime in the next few months

Gazia (free X4)/Chromelead/friend

Then have

Ciara, Zedus, Tridon, some kind of BC when attacked unit (kikuri/nadore/medina/libera/Paris 7* etc etc), and Melchios for cleanses.

Even with your current lineup you have something like this going on without gazia

Tridon/Chrome lead/friend
Ciara, Zedus, Melchios, Zeldues (water tower mitigator, Paris and its still a really solid team.

So what's the best way to beat Trial X3 now? Is it possible to burst her down or is it an attrition+RNG fight?

burst is the easiest way.

I used a normal trial team setup that did it normally until like 65-60% then let the first team die and used the Kira/Kira team to wipe her one shot after that.

You have to let the first team die when her shield is down. I posted two videos that show a complete one shot.

Use the attack boosting item (elixer and gleam).

If anybody needs an Avant lead thats almost fully imp with occult treasure let me know. All I ask is you do the item giving daily. I have a few spots free. Or if you need a certain specific lead for a trial/GGC let me know and I can put one up for the day.

edit

another cheese method for X3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQaIkbWWwCk

There are a couple cheese strats for x3, so you don't have to do it the "legit" way

^ That's basically what I did. Took quite a few tries because RNGesus on the Crits, but no way I wanted to take her down to the end.

I'll just leave my ID here : 9250728

I'm on daily.

So as someone who has just started playing the game, what unit should I request as my free one? Right now the only notable units I have are a green dragon named Favnir and Dark armor Reis (I maybe getting his name super wrong, but its definitely dark armor something).

garath

Free unit eh? I may have to start playing again. I've kept the game installed. Wonder where I'm at in the state of things. I think when I stopped playing they just released 7* units for the starters.

Reading the best in slot list from higher up in this page, I don't recognize any units except tridon, ciara and semira lol.

I just started this game a few days ago too. I've heard about it a lot but never tried it out as Chain Chronicle and some other of these games already take too much of my time. I have no idea what I'm doing but it seems pretty fun.

When I was poking around I saw that there was a Chain Chronicle collaboration event going on. It ended in 4 hours but I was able to finish it (despite not knowing wtf I was doing) which was cool. It's nice to see some familiar faces on my team. :) I'm guessing since those three characters were free that they're not that good long term?

I did three gem summons and pulled Holy Saint Charla, Dragoon Lord Bargus, and Thunder Pole Rhoa. Are any of them good long term units?

Anything else I should focus on other than going through the story?

MicH

I just started this game a few days ago too. I've heard about it a lot but never tried it out as Chain Chronicle and some other of these games already take too much of my time. I have no idea what I'm doing but it seems pretty fun.

When I was poking around I saw that there was a Chain Chronicle collaboration event going on. It ended in 4 hours but I was able to finish it (despite not knowing wtf I was doing) which was cool. It's nice to see some familiar faces on my team. :) I'm guessing since those three characters were free that they're not that good long term?

I did three gem summons and pulled Holy Saint Charla, Dragoon Lord Bargus, and Thunder Pole Rhoa. Are any of them good long term units?

The CC collaboration units are quite useful for a new player. Charla is literally a brand new unit and she is amazingly strong. Unfortunately, she doesn't attack at all on her BB, but she packs a ton of buffs. Rhoa is really good too

garath

Hmm.yeah. loaded the game up again and I'm way out of date. My only 7* units are kira and Selena.

Guess it's time to jump back in and see how it goes

REMEMBER

TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FREE UNIT OF CHOICE YOU HAVE TO LOGIN JUST ABOUT EVERY DAY UNTIL THE EVENT ENDS (30 out of 40 days technically I think). But you should be logging in daily just to get your daily rewards since gems are included. Free IAP is never bad.

And you have to submit that form that was linked before the end date.

http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/news-bo...ry-login-campaign-free-units-are-up-for-grabs

holy shit Charla will last you a long time. Rhoa is still very good and will be relevant for a few months.

For your level just focus on story and leveling up so you can have enough cost to put more stronger units

How do you edit the comment under your player info? I hit "Edit Comment" but there's no way to save it that I see. Am I dumb or is it bugged? I'm playing on android.

The CC collaboration units are quite useful for a new player. Charla is literally a brand new unit and she is amazingly strong. Unfortunately, she doesn't attack at all on her BB, but she packs a ton of buffs. Rhoa is really good too

holy shit Charla will last you a long time. Rhoa is still very good and will be relevant for a few months.

For your level just focus on story and leveling up so you can have enough cost to put more stronger units

Cool, thanks for the replies. I guess I'll work on leveling Rhoa and Charla then! :)

If anyone wants to add me my player ID is 5028905681.

Sent you a request. My name in game is Anathema.

Selner

So I played this game over a year ago, but got distracted by other shiny things.

I actually had Friends whose last login day was 380d ago :) .

On a lark I decided to reinstall, and there looked to be some new things to play around with. The Missions and Challenges stuff for instance, that's all new. The gift thing being easier to use, very nice that. Changes to the parades are nice too.

Only lvl41, and my units probably aren't anything special.
I did some evolving the last couple of days and now have four 5-stars (Dia, Lucina, Bran, Elza). I also did two pulls and got 5-star Kagutsuchi and Grybe.

EDIT: did one more pull. I'm additicted to these pulling games... got 6-star Loch. 7-star potential, which I guess is nice. but don't have a clue on how to get the evolve-compontents.

There's ten 4-stars under there as well. No clue if any of them are worth building up.

Player ID: 37162216

So I played this game over a year ago, but got distracted by other shiny things.

I actually had Friends whose last login day was 380d ago :) .

On a lark I decided to reinstall, and there looked to be some new things to play around with. The Missions and Challenges stuff for instance, that's all new. The gift thing being easier to use, very nice that. Changes to the parades are nice too.

Only lvl41, and my units probably aren't anything special.
I did some evolving the last couple of days and now have four 5-stars (Dia, Lucina, Bran, Elza). I also did two pulls and got 5-star Kagutsuchi and Grybe.

EDIT: did one more pull. I'm additicted to these pulling games... got 6-star Loch. 7-star potential, which I guess is nice. but don't have a clue on how to get the evolve-compontents.

There's ten 4-stars under there as well. No clue if any of them are worth building up.

Player ID: 37162216

Hah. Same boat I was in a few months ago. As far as evo priorities, I usually take a look at the Reddit Tier list along with my own feelings and go from there.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_5uSOQ2yLIUAy6HU98ixZzKRiHCM-bUVjdLb9tXMYiY/edit

Primus

It looks like there was some sort of screw-up on Gumi's part, and if you did the form for the free anniversary unit you'll have to do it again. This time there's a dropdown for unit type, and a dialog box for permissions after you submit the form.

This is Day 1 of the 40-day Anniversary period, so time to start logging in daily. First gift is a set of Crystals.

MicH

Deicded to change my free unit choice to Avant instead of Chrome now that I had to re-enter. While I think Chrome is the better unit I would use him as a lead 99% of the time and I can always use a friend Chrome for that. Dual Avant leads are incredible, especially for Frontier Gate farming, so while he clashes with some of the good Global exclusive units, I think I'd get the most out of him.

Also new trial: Eriole EX trial. Beat it already and the sphere is AMAZING! 15% all stats + 100% Spark DMG. It's a Spark-type sphere too. Really nice sphere

Primus

For newbies who haven't been around for one of these month-long events, you definitely want to log in daily and pick up your gifts. There'll be Crystals, Imps, Frogs (Burst and Sphere), Honor Points, Zel and even some Gems. Basically just tons of free crap thrown at you provided you log in once a day. It'll be a great opportunity to level up your units, new and old, and push you into the higher tiers of activities.

Deicded to change my free unit choice to Avant instead of Chrome now that I had to re-enter. While I think Chrome is the better unit I would use him as a lead 99% of the time and I can always use a friend Chrome for that. Dual Avant leads are incredible, especially for Frontier Gate farming, so while he clashes with some of the good Global exclusive units, I think I'd get the most out of him.

Also new trial: Eriole EX trial. Beat it already and the sphere is AMAZING! 15% all stats + 100% Spark DMG. It's a Spark-type sphere too. Really nice sphere

What team did you go with?

Got screwed by his insta-gib at 10% during my last run, but i'm using :

Gazia (L)
Rhoa (Friend)
Bestie
Donger
Zedus
Aurelia

If I don't get it done soon I'll use Chrome/Gazia instead.

MicH

What team did you go with?

Got screwed by his insta-gib at 10% during my last run, but i'm using :

Gazia (L)
Rhoa (Friend)
Bestie
Donger
Zedus
Aurelia

If I don't get it done soon I'll use Chrome/Gazia instead.
That's pretty close to what I used:

Gazia / Rhoa leads
Nadore
Tridon
Andaria
Krantz

I UBB'd Krantz when Tesla was at about 60% HP to help me survive her and Eriole's attacks. Then when Tesla was dead and Eriole had about 15-20% HP left I UBB'd Nadore so I could survive his deadly burst attack at 10% (Nadore mitigates all attacks to 1 dmg for one turn). Nadore was definitely my MVP here and Krantz a close second thanks to his burst heals

Selner

For newbies who haven't been around for one of these month-long events, you definitely want to log in daily and pick up your gifts. There'll be Crystals, Imps, Frogs (Burst and Sphere), Honor Points, Zel and even some Gems. Basically just tons of free crap thrown at you provided you log in once a day. It'll be a great opportunity to level up your units, new and old, and push you into the higher tiers of activities.

Some very nice stuff so far, and we get an extra bonus with the end of the Care to Share event. 20+ items in my mail this morning. More crystal things, some frogs and some imps.

I did try the Thursday dunegon thing, just for kicks, the green one. I got totally stomped by some metal looking medusa looking thing. It nearly one-shotted my whole team. I think I had two guys survive, and they were paralyzed :) . Guess I am not ready for that dungeon yet :) .

I guess I will stick to taking advantage of the 2.5x exp quest dungeons. Almost done with the Cordelica one, at Giants Ruins now.

Primus

Gumi posted the full list of anniversary login rewards:

Day 1: Crystal Set
Day 2: 1 Burst Frog
Day 3: 1500 Merit Points
Day 4: 2 Crescent Dew
Day 5: 1 Gem
Day 6: Imp Set
Day 7: 2 Burst Frog
Day 8: 60 Brave Medals
Day 9: 1 Sphere Frog
Day 10: 1 Gem

Day 11: Crystal Set
Day 12: 3 Burst Frogs
Day 13: 2500 Merit Points
Day 14: 3 Crescent Dew
Day 15: 1 Gem
Day 16: Imp Set
Day 17: 1 Burst Emperor
Day 18: 90 Brave Medals
Day 19: 1 Sphere Frog
Day 20: Lucia

Day 21: 1 Almighty Imp Arton
Day 22: 1 Burst Emperor
Day 23: 4000 Merit Points
Day 24: 5 Crescent Dew
Day 25: 1 Summon Ticket
Day 26: 2 Almighty Imp Arton
Day 27: 3 Burst Emperor
Day 28: 120 Brave Medals
Day 29: Legend Stone
Day 30: Unit of Choice and 2000 Honor Points

MicH

Those anniversary login gifts are pretty pathetic. 3 gems and a summon ticket in total? During the "Summer Celebration" we got 25 gems! And this is for the 2nd anniversary? Free unit of choice is really nice though

Primus

Those anniversary login gifts are pretty pathetic. 3 gems and a summon ticket in total? During the "Summer Celebration" we got 25 gems! And this is for the 2nd anniversary? Free unit of choice is really nice though

I can really use the Imps and Frogs. While I've got a nice bunch of 7*s to work with now, my imping really needs work. And with the units I'm working to move up to 7* (Rize, Raaga, Krantz, and now Charla and Shida), I need a ton of Frogs.

broz0rs

For myself, I think it's a no-brainer that I select Chrome as my free unit. I don't think I've had a top tier BC-gen leader unit since Elza lol

Primus

Discounted Summon Tickets are live in the Brave Points redemption area. 450BP each, one available for each week of the Anniversary.

i did the idiot thing and basically rolled for Charla a ton on saturday.

first 8 I got Rineth, wasn't too mad. Next 8, nada. Next 8 I finally get lord Charla.

24 rolls for Charla =(. Atleast I got griff as well in those 24...

But I have to say Charla does change things a lot. Did the new trial and michelle GQ with charla and omg she is definite MVP once you have the right units.

Need a burst heal and a hot? check
Need instant BC? Check
Need BC fill on spark? Check
Need more damage on spark and crit? Check
Need BC fill per turn? Check
Need a cleanser that can't be status afflicted? Check

and as a leader as well
Need hp/def? Check
Need bc when attacked? Check
Need more bc drop and fill rate? Check

Pair her with Nadore, and Gazia and you almost have every buff you ever need lol.

My god, the stories of Legendary Challenger Arena were true. Empty BB Gauge and No Brave Burst everywhere, opponents randomly getting first strike. The horror, the horror...

Ugh, I just can't be bothered with the Challenge Arena yet. Maybe with they release the CA Summon Gate it'll be a bit more enticing.

Was going for Griff or Avant today. I woud've liked to pull one and use the other as my free unit.

First pull : Heidt (fuck everything)
second : Rowgun (new, bug ehhhhhh)
5th pull : mutha fucking Avant.

Guess that means I'm going with Griff as my free one!

Top Bottom