• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Couldn't log onto Windows BF all day, so I had to reinstall BF on my phone to do my dailies -_-. Also I was wrong, Legendary CA rewards 1 gem only for the top 1100.

Primus

Couldn't log onto Windows BF all day, so I had to reinstall BF on my phone to do my dailies -_-. Also I was wrong, Legendary CA rewards 1 gem only for the top 1100.

Yeah, the Windows app has been broken all day long, Gumi's got another "we know there's a problem and are working on it" going.

Haven't gotten anything from the Omni Evo login campaign since day 4. Sent in a support ticket, was told "we know there's a problem and are working on it" and had the ticket closed.

Gumi, pls.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah, the Windows app has been broken all day long, Gumi's got another "we know there's a problem and are working on it" going.

Haven't gotten anything from the Omni Evo login campaign since day 4. Sent in a support ticket, was told "we know there's a problem and are working on it" and had the ticket closed.

Gumi, pls.

I finally got day 4's login prize today lol

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Julius/Sirius/Malbelle have rates up today.

used a summon ticket and pulled a 6* Sirius. :3

Pulled once more for the elgif and got a dupe and the elgif was shit too.

Oh well!

Primus

More changes to the event schedule.

The second Global exclusive, Ensa-Taya, will be in her own Summon Gate starting at 7am PST tomorrow, 4/7.

The schedule for the Six Heroes dungeons in the Vortex is now:

1. Hero of Agni [Vargas]
April 8, 0:00 - April 9, 23:59 PST [April 8, 1:00 PDT - April 10, 0:59 PDT]
2. Heroine of Sama [Selena]
April 9, 0:00 - April 10, 23:59 PST [April 9, 1:00 PDT - April 11, 0:59 PDT]
3. Hero of Vriksha [Lance]
April 10, 0:00 - April 11, 23:59 PST [April 10, 1:00 PDT - April 12, 0:59 PDT]
4. Hero of Atharva [Eze]
April 11, 0:00 - April 12, 23:59 PST [April 11, 1:00 PDT - April 13, 0:59 PDT]
5. Hero of La Veda [Atro]
April 12, 0:00 - April 13, 23:59 PST [April 12, 1:00 PDT - April 14, 0:59 PDT]
6. Hero of Bariura [Magress]
April 13, 6:00 - April 15, 5:59 PST [April 13, 7:00 PDT - April 15, 6:59 PDT]

EDIT: The Colosseum is live!

Used 12 summon tickets for Ensa-Taya, also got Kafka and Febros along the way, making Krantz the only one I'm missing from the Ishgria summoners batch. Ah Krantz, why do you elude me so...

Colosseum is such a bullshit RNG mode. I can't even bear to look at the battle, I just do something else and come back after a few minutes to review the massacre.

MicH

Managed to get Ensa and Sirius in less than 7 pulls. I'm so happy. Especially after I couldn't get Juno no matter how much I pulled for her

Primus

Maintenance overnight tonight will not only bring us Omni Evos, but also the final Ishgria map, which means we'll be able to upgrade Tilith to 6*.

Primus

Post-maintenance I'm stuck in a loop where I can't get into the game. Start up BF, agree to the Terms, log into FB, get a message that says "Your Gumi Live session has changed, please restart.", restart, and the loop begins again. If I go in without restarting, it's like I'm starting from scratch.

I see reports from other people getting this, so it's some sort of new Gumi fuckup.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Post-maintenance I'm stuck in a loop where I can't get into the game. Start up BF, agree to the Terms, log into FB, get a message that says "Your Gumi Live session has changed, please restart.", restart, and the loop begins again. If I go in without restarting, it's like I'm starting from scratch.

I see reports from other people getting this, so it's some sort of new Gumi fuckup.

I had gotten this a couple times, then after a few more tries to get in, it worked.

MicH

Leveling SP is already a chore. I fed my Selena about 50 random trash mobs and she didn't gain a single SP. Only got 35 in total from feeding her my excess Selena

Primus

Leveling SP is already a chore. I fed my Selena about 50 random trash mobs and she didn't gain a single SP. Only got 35 in total from feeding her my excess Selena

The possibility of getting SP from random mobs is near zero from what I've been seeing. Frogs seem the best way of doing it (1/5/10 from Burst Frog/Emperor/Sphere), especially as how the next Frontier Hunter is coming up.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The possibility of getting SP from random mobs is near zero from what I've been seeing. Frogs seem the best way of doing it (1/5/10 from Burst Frog/Emperor/Sphere), especially as how the next Frontier Hunter is coming up.

And the dupe of the same unit, right?

That's such shit.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Bah. I'm not going to waste my precious frogs on that.

My Selena is fully leveled and has her UBB. That's enough for now until I can fully imp her.

Primus

Bah. I'm not going to waste my precious frogs on that.

My Selena is fully leveled and has her UBB. That's enough for now until I can fully imp her.

So it's looking like the very very low rate on fodder boosting SP may be a bug. Reports from Reddit say the rate should be a 20% change of getting 1 SP, instead of the <1% we've got now. Doesn't help folks who've dumped their fodder already, of course.

In compensation for this morning's issues, we'll be getting a Summon Ticket, a Burst Emperor, an Arton, and an Imp Key sometime in the next 24 hours.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So it's looking like the very very low rate on fodder boosting SP may be a bug. Reports from Reddit say the rate should be a 20% change of getting 1 SP, instead of the <1% we've got now. Doesn't help folks who've dumped their fodder already, of course.

In compensation for this morning's issues, we'll be getting a Summon Ticket, a Burst Emperor, an Arton, and an Imp Key sometime in the next 24 hours.

Yeah, I just saw that post on reddit and was going to comment here haha.

That is some sweet compensation. I already have one ticket from daily rewards stocked and like 18 Gems. Now to see what the new batch brings.

I'm somewhat confused on what to do with Omni-Atro. I feel like Allanon has sort of eaten his lunch in terms of SP roles. You need to invest 60 SP to get 4-7 BC on hit buff, while Allanon has a 5-7 BC on hit buff on his BB. Allanon also has a burst heal on his SBB and IF ALLANON'S DAMN SPHERE EVER COMES OUT Allanon also has status null/removal on his BB/SBB. I think I'm going to invest in the Ares buff and then I dunno.

Evolved all my starters to Omni and maxed imp my Selena. Still working on raising her SBB. Where do you see SP and how do you select it? Can you interchange the SP skills as long as you can pay the required cost?
Hmm, Onmi-Atro sbb is freaking good. I guess he's gonna replace Kikuri for my imp farming group.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Evolved all my starters to Omni and maxed imp my Selena. Still working on raising her SBB. Where do you see SP and how do you select it? Can you interchange the SP skills as long as you can pay the required cost?
Hmm, Onmi-Atro sbb is freaking good. I guess he's gonna replace Kikuri for my imp farming group.

Has to be at level 150 and have its UBB unlocked. Then on the character page, you'll see a green box that says "enhancements" and you can select them from there.

Reading up on it, you can change their skills, but it costs 3 GEMS.

Choose your skills wisely.

Primus

Lots of good RS events coming up for the next week.

Today through tomorrow there's a special 6-gem Global Exclusive gate. The unit pool only has 24 units, the Global Exclusives and Holiday units aside from the time-limited ones, so no Ravenna/Randolph or that damned moose. Also a bonus Elgif for every 2 summons.

Korzan Haile Avani Mikael Allanon Nyami
Ultor Tridon Andaria Zedus Aurelia Hadaron
Ciara Semira Eva Jack Nick Fang
Bonnie Carrol Zenia Deimos Grandt Elaina

Today through the 19th there'll be daily Divine Summon gates. 5 gems, at least 5* units, bonus Elgif every 2 summons, with rate-ups for three different units each day:

4/14 - Dure, Rize and Nyami
4/15 - Sareas, Maibelle and Quaid
4/16 - Radia, Mikael and Lafiel
4/17 - Melina, Allanon and Laberd
4/18 - Berdette, Zenia and Rahgan
4/19 - Sirius, Gildorf and Avani

Finally, a daily 3-gem Rare Summon gate. No bonus elgifs, but catchup on older units that either have or are getting 7*s soon. Rate ups per day are:

4/14 - Ciara, Shida and Zedus
4/15 - Raydn, Edea and Griel
4/16 - Michele, Andaria and Bonnie
4/17 - Elimo, Aurelia and Carrol
4/18 - Phoenix, Hadaron and Ultor
4/19 - Sodis, Mega and Elza

Primus

Before going whole hog on the 19th, like I was thinking of, remember that Klyuk's batch is due out next week, and Klyuk can be Omni Evo'd.

MicH

I could really use a Laberd. One of the few good units that I don't have. But I also want to save my gems for the new batch...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I summoned 4 times to try to get Nyam from the devine gate because lol at GE gate. 6 gems for a chance to get a 4*? Fuck outta here...

Ended up getting two dupes (Kira, RIze) and Claire and Cyan.

and shitty elgifs, what a surprise.

My luck ran out when I got that 6* Sirius last time.

I can do two more summons, but forget it, I'll get wait to choose Nyami as UOC.

Reading up on it, you can change their skills, but it costs 3 GEMS.

Choose your skills wisely.
Uhhh, 3 gems. Will be contemplating what sp skills for Selena and Atro for a long while.

I'll be holding onto my gems until Cyrus comes out. Then spent them all on him and get nothing but dupes :(

Primus

Jesus. First FH that I've been able to field a proper 7* team thanks to the cost bonus, and my scores have shot through the roof. Cracked 3.5 million on the second stage where previously I'd struggle to break 1 mil. Night and freaking day.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Oh shit, I had no idea FH was going up.

Some good rewards.

Cosmic Dust, Adaptation Jewel and a 30% HP/ATK Elgif

Primus

Gumi is shutting down Challenge Arena at 11:59pm PST on Monday, in an attempt to try to fix the glaring issues. You can read the full announcement here, but they're looking at attacking the huge amount of time required to be competitive, the fact that you can spend tons of time working at CA but not receive commensurate rewards, and the lack of squad diversity at the upper levels.

No ETA on CA's return, nor any word on if stricter anti-hacking measures will be put into place as well. As something of a bone, the Rainbow Summon gate will be open from 4/18 through 4/24, with rate ups on Kurewa & Kuraginn.

MicH

Thank god they're doing something to CA because as it is right now getting the good rewards is ridiculously time consuming and just not fun at all

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Thank god they're doing something to CA because as it is right now getting the good rewards is ridiculously time consuming and just not fun at all

Yeah, it really is. When you see a rank up that needs like 3000+ just to get from 16 to 15 etc, you know it's a chore.

I dunno how anyone found the time or the will to be able to grind the fuck out of it.

Please RNGesus give me Reeze from the rainbow gate, she's like the only unit I really want lol

Just need HR +1 for HR 50 for that Elgif. Scoring much better now than the previous month. Running Nyami lead with Allanon, Rize, Elza, Reud and Avant friend. I know Avant and Reud buffs overlap, but I'm having trouble maintaining sbb on everyone for The End.
Looking for another atk sbb buffer since I don't bb unless I don't have the gauge for it.

MicH

I'm using my FG farm team:

Double Nyami leads
Zeruiah
Sirius
Ensa-Taya
Rize

Works really well (farming end - typically get ~1,6m points per run

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I've been averaging about 1.9 or so. Highest so far is 2.6m with Eze friend.

Elza lead
Rize
Avant
Allanon
Libera

lordcyno

Just need HR +1 for HR 50 for that Elgif. Scoring much better now than the previous month. Running Nyami lead with Allanon, Rize, Elza, Reud and Avant friend. I know Avant and Reud buffs overlap, but I'm having trouble maintaining sbb on everyone for The End.
Looking for another atk sbb buffer since I don't bb unless I don't have the gauge for it.

Can try an Eze friend for spark on bb and then you can replace Elza with someone else if you want

Top Bottom