• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Jinko

Yea some of those lvl 3 dungeons are brutal, I suspect they are designed to make you spend stones like PAD >.>

colinp

Banned
All of my team are maxed and all 3 star units going for their 4th and I'm still having trouble with making it through myself. The best way is to make sure your stocked on potions, and try to either bring a great healer like Pheonix, or great tree. If you don't have either one try to find someone who does and friend them.

Good idea! I don't have one of those great healers but I think someone on my friends list does. I'll give that a shot, thanks.

Yea some of those lvl 3 dungeons are brutal, I suspect they are designed to make you spend stones like PAD >.>

Yeah... X(

ReaperXL7

Good idea! I don't have one of those great healers but I think someone on my friends list does. I'll give that a shot, thanks.

Yeah... X(

No problem, also remember to take out the idol first in each fight as the others are mostly fodder and the idols spam AOEs a lot.

Man, the drops you get from the Rare Summons aren't that great when you compare the quality to PAD........

I just got:
Garroter Shida (even though I had a regular Shida too)
Rage Beast Zegar
Memetes

And a 2nd Fencer Vargas from an Honor Summon.

Meh :/

Man, the drops you get from the Rare Summons aren't that great when you compare the quality to PAD........

I just got:
Rage Beast Zegar
Memetes

BF also has about 20% of the # of units as PAD.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
BF also has about 20% of the # of units as PAD.

To be fair, PAD came out in 2012. Still, I logged into PAD for the first time in quite a while, and I was pretty shocked to see over 1000 characters in the monster book. Sheesh. PAD is just a beast and has so many resources devoted to it. BF just won't ever be able to match that. Still really liking BF though.

I decided to buy some gems to get some pulls on the lightning-favored summon machine. Got an Elulu, Loch, Emilia and tree. Pretty sure I'm done pulling on the machine for a while.

Hello fellow Brave Frontier Gaffers,

Having picked this up, I added myself to the spreadsheet. I still haven't done the Metal God thing. Anyone up for it?

In the meanwhile, feel free to add me, I rolled Lorand and Loch as my first two units.

Lockon

Finally:
ZTA.png

Shouta

I want her but I haven't gotten her yet, lol.

I spent my first Metal God on my starter because I like her. I'm thinking of chucking one to the Tinkerer with the elec hammer too because hey, who doesn't like the anime girls with mallets.

Are the metal gods particularly rare? Also what are the jewel kings for?

To be fair, PAD came out in 2012. Still, I logged into PAD for the first time in quite a while, and I was pretty shocked to see over 1000 characters in the monster book. Sheesh. PAD is just a beast and has so many resources devoted to it. BF just won't ever be able to match that. Still really liking BF though.

I decided to buy some gems to get some pulls on the lightning-favored summon machine. Got an Elulu, Loch, Emilia and tree. Pretty sure I'm done pulling on the machine for a while.

Right, that's basically my point. Comparing PAD now and BF now isn't a very accurate comparison. You really need to compare BF now to PAD back when it was close to release.

ReaperXL7

I want her but I haven't gotten her yet, lol.

I spent my first Metal God on my starter because I like her. I'm thinking of chucking one to the Tinkerer with the elec hammer too because hey, who doesn't like the anime girls with mallets.

Are the metal gods particularly rare? Also what are the jewel kings for?

Metal Gods can be somewhat difficult to come by, you have a chance for them to spawn in the metal parade, but Kings/Ghosts are much more common.

Jewels are for selling Jewel ghosts are worth 1k, Kings are 10k, and God's are 50k.

Keep the Tree whatever you do, it and Pheonix are the two best healers in the game so far and they are both the only healers that will evolve to six star units once we get that update.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Oh nice, an OT for this.

I have been playing this a lot lately. I run Gun God Douglas, Master Lorand, and Alice mostly. Working on my other squads, but green is my primary right now.

ID is 130812447

Jinko

Ended up spending 3 stones on lvl 3 and got her first time, Lord which is normal growth so could have been worse.

Worked out being 2 stones really as I got a free stone for completing.

Also I skipped the weekend dungeons this week and I'm really hurting for cash now lol.

commish

Oh nice, an OT for this.

I have been playing this a lot lately. I run Gun God Douglas, Master Lorand, and Alice mostly. Working on my other squads, but green is my primary right now.

ID is 130812447

Add your ID to the sheet in the OP. I'm full on friends until I level up but I can add you then.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Added myself to the GAF sheet.

I'm actually in a weird spot - stuck on T2, 3rd Forest dungeon. The Undine at the end is just kicking my ass every single time. I can kill everything else fine, but I can't outheal her crazy AoE attack.

Man, this game eats up data like crazy. I've been playing for roughly a week now (maybe less), and usually use WiFi at home, and I see that it's already used up 195MB! That's already more than Pandora, which I listen to for about 2 hours per day! Good thing I have unlimited, or this would be unplayable.

Anyway, I haven't traded Metal Gods with anyone yet, so if anyone's down, let's do it. =)

Also, what are good team compositions in this game? I'm currently running the following:

Fire Knight Lava (50% red boost leader skill)
Fire Knight Agni
Thief Whatever (he sucks, but he's red, so there's something)
Lightning Eze (my starter; he sucks too, though)
Green healer girl

Am I on the right track? Is mono-red worth pursuing?

ReaperXL7

Man, this game eats up data like crazy. I've been playing for roughly a week now (maybe less), and usually use WiFi at home, and I see that it's already used up 195MB! That's already more than Pandora, which I listen to for about 2 hours per day! Good thing I have unlimited, or this would be unplayable.

Anyway, I haven't traded Metal Gods with anyone yet, so if anyone's down, let's do it. =)

Also, what are good team compositions in this game? I'm currently running the following:

Fire Knight Lava (50% red boost leader skill)
Fire Knight Agni
Thief Whatever (he sucks, but he's red, so there's something)
Lightning Eze (my starter; he sucks too, though)
Green healer girl

Am I on the right track? Is mono-red worth pursuing?

It also somewhat depends on what their type is (breaker,guardian,anima,etc) Lava, and Eze have 5* potential evolutions with Eze gaining a sixth sometime in the future.

The thief, and your green healer girl are common units so replace them with better as soon as you can. Agni is a decent mid range fire character though you'll want to replace him at some point as well, but he will get you further then the thief and your basic healer.

chrono01

They tend to rotate events back in quite quickly so I expect the Frontier Hunter to come around again, I'm not too worried at the moment.
True, but apparently they change the rewards each time so there's no guarantee that the same ones will be present next time [although the Frontier Hunter event Japan is having right now has the Medulla Gem again, so we'll likely get that same version]. Even still, considering how nice the rewards are, it'll be nice to try and obtain this one as well as any extra in the future [since it's essentially the best Sphere for multiple units].

As for my progress, I have four Priest Merith evolved to Healer Merith, with them at Level 26. Once my Energy recharges, I'll try to obtain another Priest Merith and, once I get full Energy once again [28], I'll use my last Metal Key to hopefully get another five Metal Parade runs in. That should be enough to level/evolve my fifth Priest Merith into Healer Merith, and if all goes according to plan [depending on drops], finish leveling my other Healer Merith to 30. Then I just need to find a five-star Aem, and I can grind away on Juggernaut for those 850,000 points [for four hours ;_;].

colinp

Banned
I passed lvl 3 Paradise! Yes! But didn't get the green idol I really fucking wanted! Ugh, did get a red which is useful and a blue which is useless right now. Idols really should be guaranteed damn it!

I had to rely on some randoms tree (what luck!) and my own Priestess Maria healer. Really could use more friends with healers as their main I guess.

Hope I can get mone more run in before the event ends. Fuckin' earth idol! Drop you bastard!

forgrim

I passed lvl 3 Paradise! Yes! But didn't get the green idol I really fucking wanted! Ugh, did get a red which is useful and a blue which is useless right now. Idols really should be guaranteed damn it!

I had to rely on some randoms tree (what luck!) and my own Priestess Maria healer. Really could use more friends with healers as their main I guess.

Hope I can get mone more run in before the event ends. Fuckin' earth idol! Drop you bastard!

ran it 4 times today for a fire idol. gd DROP!!! hahaha

Lan_97

Picked up a lightning and fire idol, the two elements I don't need. The 25 energy cost is painful. I should have just saved today's metal key and focused on idol hunting instead.

ReaperXL7

I needed a light idol the most and it ended up taking around 8 runs to get one to even spawn. Luckily it dropped for me in the same run so I was able to evolve Aem to Champion. Next I'll have to farm totems on Thursday.

I had no idea the tree was that rare or awesome? I think it was my very first rare I pulled. Really wasn't too into it but after a while, I see why its the god tree :p

commish

What the heck am I supposed to do with a Mimic? D=

Certain units need it to evolve. Or you can use it for the xp - I get a bunch of them so I sometimes feed them to my dark units.

I have 5 gems (thanks frontier hunter) - should I buy 25 extra boxes for units, or should I roll the dice on a summon????!

Shouta

Certain units need it to evolve. Or you can use it for the xp - I get a bunch of them so I sometimes feed them to my dark units.

I have 5 gems (thanks frontier hunter) - should I buy 25 extra boxes for units, or should I roll the dice on a summon????!

Ah, that makes sense. I don't think I have any units that can use them to evolve right now. Guess I'll XP them up

Jinko

I would say upgrade your inventory.

Keep all those evo mats you get in normal dungeons cause you will no doubt need them later on and they can take up a lot of space.

Phades

I just got:
Rage Beast Zegar
Memetes

Shida is a good goto for combos, but I feel your pain with Zegar and duplicates in general.

Although, I wouldn't look down my nose at the 6 "starter" heros. They are a PITA to get up evolution wise, but they are pretty good in spite of being generic with their attack effects.

Ah, that makes sense. I don't think I have any units that can use them to evolve right now. Guess I'll XP them up

Mostly monsters use them, in addition to heros featured in special dungeons.

I needed a light idol the most and it ended up taking around 8 runs to get one to even spawn. Luckily it dropped for me in the same run so I was able to evolve Aem to Champion. Next I'll have to farm totems on Thursday.

Light/Dark totems are random in any of the totem courses. Good luck. It does feel good to not be stuck though. I need fire idols, lots and lots of them and trying to grind them out on the normal missions is twice as bad as getting them to drop on the fairy event.

colinp

Banned
ran it 4 times today for a fire idol. gd DROP!!! hahaha

Aahhhhh don't tell me that!! Hahaha, damn. The damn earth idol showed up, too, but failed to drop. I just read on BFPros that getting just two idols is uncommon. Aghjgdjcf!! Screw you BF!!

Phades

Aahhhhh don't tell me that!! Hahaha, damn. The damn earth idol showed up, too, but failed to drop. I just read on BFPros that getting just two idols is uncommon. Aghjgdjcf!! Screw you BF!!

I'd trade you mine if I could. I have like 4-5 of them lying around and don't need them at all atm...

I had no idea the tree was that rare or awesome? I think it was my very first rare I pulled. Really wasn't too into it but after a while, I see why its the god tree :p

Elmino and the Tree are freaking awesome. You have a good pull. Get it evolved and leveled up, then throw a giant stone or something similar on it. Tough as nails and keeps the rest of the party running fairly well. Get some BB crystal boosters or character abilities as lead to boost BB and you should be golden.

Picked up a lightning and fire idol, the two elements I don't need. The 25 energy cost is painful. I should have just saved today's metal key and focused on idol hunting instead.

Try to do your parades when you are close to leveling up, so that you get more chances at it since it is more than 2 hours to get the 15 energy to run them "normally".

Where I am at, I try to be under 3k exp to level but over 2k exp to level, so that I can do 6 consecutive runs.... Burns through the money fast that way though.

The special dungeons, in general, are one of your best account exp generators, so don't feel like it is a total loss.

It also somewhat depends on what their type is (breaker,guardian,anima,etc) Lava, and Eze have 5* potential evolutions with Eze gaining a sixth sometime in the future.

The thief, and your green healer girl are common units so replace them with better as soon as you can. Agni is a decent mid range fire character though you'll want to replace him at some point as well, but he will get you further then the thief and your basic healer.

His alternatives for red end up being Phoenix, Zegar, Lorand, Galant, and the hot chef right? Zegar can be captured normally on the volcano, but I'm pretty sure Phoenix and the rest are restricted to the gems.

commish

My units not using their BB in the Arena is the most annoying part of this game.

My units not using their BB in the Arena is the most annoying part of this game.
Also annoying is how they split up and attack random targets, instead of gangbanging each opponent to death, one by one. It's extra nice when they go after targets they're weak against, too.

ReaperXL7

I'd trade you mine if I could. I have like 4-5 of them lying around and don't need them at all atm...

Elmino and the Tree are freaking awesome. You have a good pull. Get it evolved and leveled up, then throw a giant stone or something similar on it. Tough as nails and keeps the rest of the party running fairly well. Get some BB crystal boosters or character abilities as lead to boost BB and you should be golden.

Try to do your parades when you are close to leveling up, so that you get more chances at it since it is more than 2 hours to get the 15 energy to run them "normally".

Where I am at, I try to be under 3k exp to level but over 2k exp to level, so that I can do 6 consecutive runs.... Burns through the money fast that way though.

The special dungeons, in general, are one of your best account exp generators, so don't feel like it is a total loss.

His alternatives for red end up being Phoenix, Zegar, Lorand, Galant, and the hot chef right? Zegar can be captured normally on the volcano, but I'm pretty sure Phoenix and the rest are restricted to the gems.

Right, I'm also kind of surprised he did not go with Vargas for his starter since he's going red. It's very rare but you can sometimes snag the starters from the honor summon Gate....I'm wishing for Black Magress but that's likely not going to happen anytime soon.

The starter characters are actually pretty solid especially because they are the first characters that will give their 6* evolutions (the Japanese version already has them) and then the 6 5* monsters are after them.

Phades

Right, I'm also kind of surprised he did not go with Vargas for his starter since he's going red. It's very rare but you can sometimes snag the starters from the honor summon Gate....I'm wishing for Black Magress but that's likely not going to happen anytime soon.

The starter characters are actually pretty solid especially because they are the first characters that will give their 6* evolutions (the Japanese version already has them) and then the 6 5* monsters are after them.

Well, you do pick your starter before you get any rare summon pulls. That was kind of the kick in the nuts for me initially. I chose earth, but I got Mifune, Lava, and phoenix early on (in that order). Until I got phoenix the game was really hard for me, but got slightly easier afterwards, but I hit a wall due to not having proper evolution materials for a couple weeks. The honor summons I got were all trash, then my 4th rare pull was undine.

In all honesty, I think the game would be better off if they pulled out the evolved versions of stuff out of the rare summons entirely so that folks would waste fewer gem pulls on them (ex, Zegar, Mifune, Luna). It would also give more opportunity for folks to complete the evolution tree and get the entries for each unit unlocked in the log (for the completionists). Then move anything capturable completely into the honor summon side of things for more variety.

I haven't bothered to use my honor points in ages because of the crap pulls I've had in the past. I got 14 pulls saved up and not sure when I'll start draining those out again.

Well, I didn't intend to go for red from the get-go. I just happened to pull Lava and Agni out of the machine*, so red is my best bet right now. I do regret not going with Vargas, but with the same luck, I probably would have pulled other colors from the machine anyway.

I do have a Thunderbird, though. That any good?

EDIT: I'll persevere, though. I started PAD with Siren, and now I have almost everything good. Took almost 450 days, but it happened.

EDIT 2: I understand that I summoned them out of a Gate, but I'm just conditioned to think of it as pulling the Rare Egg Machine now, ha! Thanks, PAD.

colinp

Banned
Bah, ran it again and died on the last fight. Had a fight earlier against an earth and dark idol. Of course the dark dropped! Would have used a stone if it was earth. One more chance, but I really don't think I can do it without a stronger healer.

More annoying than hearts not dropping...and when they do drop, don't go to the lowest HP sub?

Gee, thanks for healing my knight from 95%>100% instead of my Milfune whos at 5%...

I'm thinking of trying a fire/thunder hybrid team since I pulled a lot of fire types at the start and I really struggle with water levels. For water levels I could just replace the fire units with something else, but I was thinking the hybrid for mat runs and stuff like that.

chrono01

On one hour of farming Juggernaut. At this pace, it should only take two more for me to hit 850,000 points. Taking a 15-minute break before I jump back in.

chrono01

What is this? I see people talking about it.
Basically you take a team of five Water units [recommended Healer Merith] into Frontier Hunter and "stall" on Round 5 [Juggernaut]. He's a Thunder Element, so he inflicts extra damage on Water units [you get extra points for this[. As long as you Guard and Brave Burst/Heal when needed to, you can last indefinitely. This is provided you have an Aem Friend [Five-Star]. Their Leader ability allows you to gain Brave Burst Gauge every turn in large amounts, so you can gather it when Guarding.

It's mind-numbingly-boring, and you have to be somewhat careful when to use your Heal and when to Guard. You definitely want to Guard on the fifth turn as he'll do a massive AOE attack, and Heal on the fourth to prepare for it [as well as immediately after]. Rinse/Repeat.

The rate at which you earn points depends on how fast you can complete each round. I tested it earlier and I seemed to be getting it at a good rate, so anywhere between 3-3 1/2 should be good.

Two hours down! I'm taking a slight break, though. I don't want to mess up so far in. You get a Medulla Gem for earning 850,000 points, which is the best Sphere currently in the game [+20% to all stats].

Oh, and people messaged Gumi about it. You won't get banned using this method, but try not to go too crazy on the points. I'm shooting for around 900,000 [since there's no way in telling how much you have at any given time], just to be safe.

Jinko

.I'm wishing for Black Magress but that's likely not going to happen anytime soon.

FWIW you can snag the starters in the event dungeons, we should be getting the dark ninja after Stya so just run that a bunch and you might be luck to get him.

I haven't bothered to use my honor points in ages because of the crap pulls I've had in the past. I got 14 pulls saved up and not sure when I'll start draining those out again.

Hold on to them until they do an event for increased ghost drops on the honor gate is probably best.

More annoying than hearts not dropping...and when they do drop, don't go to the lowest HP sub?

Gee, thanks for healing my knight from 95%>100% instead of my Milfune whos at 5%...

Yea I'm surprised they haven't adjusted this, but Japanese love their RNG so its probably staying.

Lan_97

5 idol runs:
2 fire
1 water
2 lightning
2 light
3 dark

Really just needed 1 earth for now. Oh well, back to grinding St Lamia for earth idols.

NH Apache

Banned
After dumping ~50 hours into this roll, I re-rolled last night to try and be a bit more efficient.

Excited about it! I'll update the spreadsheet tonight.

Top Bottom