• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking News: Mr. Peanut pronounced dead.

JordanN

Banned
Holy shit, F

As confirmed by Wikipedia.

xpqwLu5.png

First Soleimani, now this. What is the world coming to?

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Gotta just be a marketing gimmick to get some attention, it's one of the most recognizable mascots in the world, you don't just throw that away.

You watch they'll reveal a relative of his or something after a month, a younger hipper Xer Peanut.

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
I guess someone found it offensive that it was a male peanut, so they found a creative way to change it without causing a fuss.

My guess is they're going to grind him up and use him to treat peanut allergies. A little Mr. Peanut could go a long ways.

As it says in the Bible:

So Mr. Peanut said to them, “Truly, truly, I tell you, unless you eat the flesh and drink the blood of Mr. Peanut, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For My flesh is real food, and My blood is real drink.…"

cryptoadam

Banned
They will replace him with the non binary gender netural Xeanut. This way non binary people won't be confused when they want peanuts but aren't sure if its for them because the mascot is male. Gotta cater to that .1% for maximum profits.

Thaedolus

-Hungry cause I skipped breakfast this morning
-See thread about peanuts
-Remember I bought a huge ass can of peanuts a week ago and have it in my desk
-Coworker comes into office and wants me to look through protocol with him while I have greasy peanut hands

At least I’m not hungry anymore

Atrus

Gold Member
They’ll just bring him back with an updated look.

Dude is a literal peanut, all you’re going to get by burying him is a lot more peanuts.

JordanN

Banned
Kobe Bryant's death has apparently caused Planters to pause their marketing.

Planters paused its Super Bowl campaign centered around the fictitious Mr. Peanut’s death following the deaths of Kobe Bryant, his daughter, and seven others in a helicopter crash.

As of Monday, it remained unclear how the brand would proceed with its marketing strategy leading up to and during the Super Bowl.

“We are saddened by this weekend’s news and Planters has paused all campaign activities, including paid media, and will evaluate next steps through a lens of sensitivity to those impacted by this tragedy,” the brand said in a statement Monday.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gargus

Banned
Gotta just be a marketing gimmick to get some attention, it's one of the most recognizable mascots in the world, you don't just throw that away.

You watch they'll reveal a relative of his or something after a month, a younger hipper Xer Peanut.

No it will be mrs peanut next.

Or tranny peanut "looks like a woman. With nuts like a man".

Top Bottom