• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Britain's 'most prolific' rapist jailed for life.

_110388471_1400x1600-reynhard-police-s.jpg

An "evil serial sexual predator" convicted of 159 sex offences, including 136 rapes, will "never be safe to be released", a judge has said.
Police say they have evidence Sinaga, 36, who is being named for the first time, targeted at least 190 victims.

The judge ruled his life sentence must include a minimum of 30 years in jail.

Reporting restrictions were also lifted at a sentencing hearing at Manchester Crown Court on Monday, meaning Sinaga could be identified for the first time.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said Sinaga was "the most prolific rapist in British legal history".

The post-graduate student was already serving life, with a minimum term of 20 years, for the offences he was convicted of in two earlier trials, which took place in summer 2018 and last spring.

Across four separate trials, the Indonesian national, from Manchester, was found guilty of 136 counts of rape, eight counts of attempted rape, 14 counts of sexual assault, and one count of assault by penetration, against a total of 48 victims.

For the purposes of suspense, I've withheld the plot-twist from the text above.

I am OK with my taxes paying for his ongoing incarceration.
And, whilst I'm not a religious person, I do believe in karma.
Sleep well, Reynhard.

Breakage

The stuff of nightmares. This being mental-health obsessed Britain, I'm surprised he didn't try to play the victim by claiming that his behaviour was a response to rampant “homophobia”.

nush

Gold Member
When attempting to be so British you chase Jimmy Savilles high score and fail (fortunately).

Shantae

Banned
This is terrible how so many men are afraid to even admit to being raped. This shit right just goes to show that this kind of assault is not exclusive to women that so many fucking SJWs want people to believe. Rape honestly makes me sick, and I'm glad this piece of shit is going to jail for life, but the damage he did is just completely fucked up. It's likely because no one thinks a man can be a victim, so it's always assumed that a man alone should be perfectly safe, cuz they're a man, they can protect themselvs. we just need to worry about women being alone and are safe from rapists, because they're the only ones allowed to be victims. What a crock of shit.

What a fucking psycho though, not only did he enjoy what he was doing, but from another story i read on bbc, is that he seemed to enjoy revealing all of it to people in court. He kept pleading not guilty to drag it out, so that his abuses of hetero men would only be exposed more, likely to hurt their masculinity even further. His fucking court proceeding was another method of attack for this sicko.

Last edited:

bronk

Banned
How did he rape all those guys? At gunpoint? He doesn't look like he can overpower anyone. The amount of times though gosh damn.

Breakage

From the Guardian's coverage:

All were in a state of inebriation when they were approached by the slight, smiling man in black-rimmed glasses, who appeared harmless. When he asked the men if they wanted to come back to his flat and sleep on the floor or have a few more drinks, they agreed.
The juries were told Sinaga kept men’s belongings as trophies and looked them up on Facebook.
He texted a friend to boast about one victim: “He was straight in 2014. 2015 is his breakthrough to the gay world hahaha.”

It won't be talked about as it will no doubt be reframed as victim blaming, but this story also further highlights England's nasty booze culture. When you are so drunk that a slightly built, obviously gay-looking man whom you've never met can successfully convince you to sleep in his flat, the drinking culture which encourages you to get into such a vulnerable state needs to be scrutinised.

Last edited:

Makariel

How did he rape all those guys? At gunpoint? He doesn't look like he can overpower anyone. The amount of times though gosh damn.
GHB, according to the BBC:
Unknown to them at the time, Sinaga had given his victims a drug - almost certainly GHB - which rendered them unconscious before he assaulted them.

What is GHB?
  • Class C prohibited drug - colourless and odourless liquid or powder, usually dissolved in water
  • Generates feelings of euphoria in very small doses; in only slightly larger amounts can cause unconsciousness and death
  • Used by clubbers and in so-called "chemsex"; also frequently implicated in sexual offences
  • Thought to account for thousands of hospital admissions each year, but statistics on its misuse remain sketchy
  • Between 2007 and 2017 more than 200 deaths were linked to the drug; since 2014 it has been named as a murder weapon in five cases
You can be strong and manly and lift as much as you want, if someone gives you a spiked drink that doesn't help much.

iconmaster

Banned
claimed all the sexual activity was consensual and that each man had agreed to being filmed while pretending to be asleep - a defence described by the judge as "ludicrous".

Yeah, that's a stretch.

Wonder what his PhD would have been in? Chemistry?

Breakage

Yeah, that's a stretch.

From 2012 he commuted monthly to the University of Leeds as part of his studies for a PhD.
Sinaga attended regular supervision meetings to help with his thesis entitled 'Sexuality and everyday transnationalism. South Asian gay and bisexual men in Manchester'.

Makariel

From the Guardian article:
Another friend remembered how someone from the church was helping Sinaga try to apply for refugee status “on the grounds he couldn’t be gay in Indonesia”. Whether he ever submitted an asylum claim is unclear, but Sinaga managed to keep extending his stay in the UK by eking out his PhD. “He was trying to avoid returning to Indonesia and one way to avoid that was to stay a student for ever,” said his photography friend.

Sinaga studied at Manchester University from August 2007 for an MA in sociology, and then in August 2012 began studying at Leeds University for a PhD in human geography, which he never finished. He submitted his thesis, entitled “Sexuality and everyday transnationalism among South Asian gay and bisexual men in Manchester”, in August 2016, but it failed and he was given time to make corrections.

Last edited:
Wanted to ask if that is why Cerium stepped down from Era but that'd be incorrect.

So glad I don't do Nightclubs, especially in Manchester. A close friend died because of certain Canal pushers.

Just read the story. It's absolutely horrific. Times like this I wish the UK had capital punishment. If this case happened in America would he get the death sentence?

Shantae

Banned
Just read the story. It's absolutely horrific. Times like this I wish the UK had capital punishment. If this case happened in America would he get the death sentence?
Depends on the state, but I dunno. I live in the state Jeffery Dauhmer was from, and he didn't get capital punishment, so we must not have it here. Do they give it to sex offenders in states that do?

Dural

There are some states that allow the death penalty for repeat offenders of child sex crimes, don't know of any that have it for sex crimes against adults.

edit-What's crazy is that sex offenders are way more likely to recommit than murderers, there are some that think they can't be rehabilitated period. So if you're worried about the safety of the general public, it would make the most sense to execute repeat sex offenders.

Last edited:

Prison Mike

Banned
I've actually had 1st hand experience with this when I was bout 17 walking home just b4 Xmas there was 3 guys in a BMW just parked down this dark lane bit on my way home soon as they saw me they got out one tried to undoe my belt as the other slashed at my face n neck with a blade I had to bite punch n gouge my way outta that obvs I wasn't drugged but still same outcome some ppl are fucked up

O-N-E

It may be unpopular to say, but having a deviant sexual nature (or preference?) indicates a higher potential for criminal sexual, and at times mortal, acts. That's the pattern I'm recognizing when I see stories like this and statistics on the kind of people that are at the top of the serial killer and rapist lists.

Celebrating it is a mistake.

Prison Mike

Banned
It may be unpopular to say, but having a deviant sexual nature (or preference?) indicates a higher potential for criminal sexual, and at times mortal, acts. That's the pattern I'm recognizing when I see stories like this and statistics on the kind of people that are at the top of the serial killer and rapist lists.

Basically ppl who believe they are above everything

"When officers seized Sinaga's phone they found he had filmed each of his attacks - amounting to hundreds of hours of footage. "

I pity the poor police officers that had to watch & describe the details of this scumbags rape videos.

Heinous.

foxGlove

Neo Member
Huh, I think i’ve met this dude when i was a kid, Two of his siblings were my childhood friends.
They own one of the biggest house in the neighborhood

segasonic

Are you saying gay people have a higher chance of being rapists? 🤔

Breakage

From what I have read, he enjoyed the thrill of destroying the heterosexuality of the men he met. Is that not an expression of hatred?
Britain's most prolific rapist is also a member of the supposedly oppressed and– in Britain at least – increasingly protected LGBT community. His revolting behaviour also reinforces the often dismissed stereotype of the promiscuous male homosexual. Of course such observations will be swept under the carpet as they don't fit the prevailing “LGBT is good for you” narrative.

Dural

wow, only 36. imagine if they didnt catch him for 20 more years or something

This was over only a couple years from the video footage on the phone, they suspect he's been doing it for at least 10. There could be hundreds of more victims.

foxGlove

Neo Member
Not really conquered if there drugged nerdy looking cunt had to drug them else he'd of got his teeth knocked out

Yeah true, actually that’s how he got caught, one of the victims woke up and fought him off, Good riddance.

his acts got consequences though, now a friend of mine who is indonesian and male, got shunned by other students in the UK. 🙄

he's from my country and the whole nation shocked

we didn't see this coming

i was friend with his siblings and I didn’t see this coming. idk man, his bro and sis looked normal to me, a bit dorky maybe, But they did smile a lot.

Yep, and the people are more focused on him being gay rather than the rape itself, geez.

Makariel

Oh...
he doesn't look like someone who can overpower a normal guy...
That's why he gave them spiked drinks. I'm amazed how few people here are aware how easy it is to poison someone.

As mentioned further above, he was using GHB to overpower his victims, according to the BBC. If you think being strong an manly makes you immune to GHB I have bad news for you:
Unknown to them at the time, Sinaga had given his victims a drug - almost certainly GHB - which rendered them unconscious before he assaulted them.

What is GHB?

• Class C prohibited drug - colourless and odourless liquid or powder, usually dissolved in water
  • Generates feelings of euphoria in very small doses; in only slightly larger amounts can cause unconsciousness and death
  • Used by clubbers and in so-called "chemsex"; also frequently implicated in sexual offences
  • Thought to account for thousands of hospital admissions each year, but statistics on its misuse remain sketchy
  • Between 2007 and 2017 more than 200 deaths were linked to the drug; since 2014 it has been named as a murder weapon in five cases

From 2012 he commuted monthly to the University of Leeds as part of his studies for a PhD.
Sinaga attended regular supervision meetings to help with his thesis entitled 'Sexuality and everyday transnationalism. South Asian gay and bisexual men in Manchester'.

I bet he was involved up to the elbow in research.

Top Bottom