• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Britneys managers dropped her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or so the news says.
LOS ANGELES (AFP) — Britney Spears has been dumped by her managers as the troubled pop princess struggles to rebuild her career after a heavily criticized public performance earlier this month.

A statement from Spears's manager Jeff Kwatinetz said his company had severed its links with the singer, who has been the subject of frenzied tabloid attention following her concert at the MTV Video Music Awards.

"It saddens us to confirm media reports that we have terminated our professional relationship with Britney Spears,"
Kwatinetz said in a statement released late Monday.

"We believe Britney is enormously talented, and has made a terrific record, but current circumstances have prevented us from properly doing our job."

Kwatinetz was hired by Spears a month ago as the singer prepares to release her long-awaited new album in November.

After receiving a critical mauling following her performance in Las Vegas last month, several tabloid reports have said Spears's handlers grew frustrated at the singer's wild lifestyle and refusal to meet with them.

Meanwhile, Spears's lawyer Laura Wasser confirmed after a closed doors court hearing on Monday that she was no longer representing the star.

Wasser insisted however that the decision should not be perceived "that we're dumping Britney."

Spears's management and legal woes come amid an increasingly bitter custody battle with ex-husband Kevin Federline over their two young children.

On Monday it emerged that a former bodyguard had lodged a statement with the court making allegations of nudity and drugs and expressing concern about the welfare of the two boys, Sean Preston, 2, and Jayden James, 1.

Separate media reports have speculated that Spears, 25, may even lose custody of the children.

Spears shot to superstardom in late 1998, with her smash-hit debut album "Baby One More Time," which she followed with another chart-topping success the following year, "Oops! ... I Did It Again."

According to Time magazine, Spears has sold over 76 million records worldwide and her 31 million albums sold in the US make her the eighth best-selling female artist in American music history.

She filed for divorce from Federline last year and has rarely been out of the tabloid headlines since before she entered a rehabilitation center in February.

Bomba. From hero to zero, just like that.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Cool, maybe we'll see her on the Surreal Life next year next to Gary Coleman and Bret Michaels.

v1cious

Banned
wouldn't it be something if Britney was Marilyn part 2? i mean that's the direction her life seems to be heading... sans the kids of course.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Well, that's the end of that. I remember the first time I masturbated to her..........ahh, the memories.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I actually think Chris Crocker is crying right now. Not like a normal GAF lol t3h loser is crying over this.. but like seriously, I bet he cried over this.

That makes me smile. :lol

karasu

I can't remember the last time a performer has fallen so hard. I mean for crying out loud. Michael Jackson's manager didn't even drop him after he was accused of being pedophile! I hope she finds some strength, and a little happiness. It'd be a shame if she offed herself or something.

karasu said:
I can't remember the last time a performer has fallen so hard. I mean for crying out loud. Michael Jackson's manager didn't even drop him after he was accused of being pedophile! I hope she finds some strength, and a little happiness. It'd be a shame if she offed herself or something.
Yeah.

I feel bad for her even though I hate these "celebrities" since a lot of them just annoy me with how they act. But man...she fell like nothing else.

So it looks like she's also going to lose, at least temporarily, custody of her kids. How much of a trainwreck do you need to be to have K-Fed be the better parent?

Phoenix

Actually her managers are making more of a mistake because for all the bitching and whining they may have about Britney, she brings them a shitload of money and not the other way around.

Phoenix said:
Actually her managers are making more of a mistake because for all the bitching and whining they may have about Britney, she brings them a shitload of money and not the other way around.

bitching and whining isn't exactly a valuable commodity, last time i checked.

Civil

Phoenix said:
Britney's not the only client that the management company represents, and in the future, they'll want to represent other celebrities. When people find out that X Management, Inc. represents a mess like Britney, it reflects poorly on them, even if it's not their own fault that things are getting so fucked up. By cutting the ties, they're retaining the image of their management company in the long run, even though they may lose revenue from Britney's account in the short run.

I'm sure it wasn't a matter of just throwing money away.

Sapiens

Phoenix said:

You make me sick.

Phoenix

Civil said:
Britney's not the only client that the management company represents, and in the future, they'll want to represent other celebrities. When people find out that X Management, Inc. represents a mess like Britney, it reflects poorly on them, even if it's not their own fault that things are getting so fucked up. By cutting the ties, they're retaining the image of their management company in the long run, even though they may lose revenue from Britney's account in the short run.

I'm sure it wasn't a matter of just throwing money away.

Management companies that 'dump' their clients aren't exactly sought after by clients either. Same thing goes for sports agents. People do consider whether or not you will be there for them in the down times. If Britney goes to another management agency and recovers, these folks will look like tards to new talent - or so says a couple of folks I know in that industry.... well on the acting side at any rate.

Civil

Phoenix said:
Management companies that 'dump' their clients aren't exactly sought after by clients either. Same thing goes for sports agents. People do consider whether or not you will be there for them in the down times. If Britney goes to another management agency and recovers, these folks will look like tards to new talent - or so says a couple of folks I know in that industry.... well on the acting side at any rate.
I'm pretty sure that Britney continuously ignored the advice of her management company. If you've ever had an attorney before, they will tell you that if you want to proceed with certain actions, they will insist that you fire them, as they have an ethical responsibility to make sure that your own best interests are served. I'm sure management companies have a similar code of responsibility, and are not interested in representing clients that continuously go against advice and management that they're paying for.

There's a point where your client/manager relationship can become so stressed, it's no longer a viable business partnership, and Britney clearly took things to that level. But I'm sure there's a bottom feeder that will scoop her up in a heartbeat. There's still money to be beaten out of this horse, and someone's going to get it.

Phoenix

Civil said:
I'm pretty sure that Britney continuously ignored the advice of her management company. If you've ever had an attorney before, they will tell you that if you want to proceed with certain actions, they will insist that you fire them, as they have an ethical responsibility to make sure that your own best interests are served. I'm sure management companies have a similar code of responsibility, and are not interested in representing clients that continuously go against advice and management that they're paying for.

There's a point where your client/manager relationship can become so stressed, it's no longer a viable business partnership, and Britney clearly took things to that level. But I'm sure there's a bottom feeder that will scoop her up in a heartbeat. There's still money to be beaten out of this horse, and someone's going to get it.

I don't disagree with this, and that is a good reason to drop her. "Protecting their image" is however not a good one as their image then becomes a function of how the person performs down the line.

Then it is confirmed. Aguilera won. More talent and longevity than Spears.

1594106-27025afccb75f1aef621d7b65515dd95.jpeg

ToxicAdam

It's pretty bizarre. I watched The Truman Show and EDtv over the past summer and when I first viewed them, it seemed impossible that something like that could happen.

But, a decade later I feel like Britney Spears is the first contestant/participant in EDtv. America watches her everyday and we have idle conversations about the details of her life.

Mau ®

What an idiot she is. She is trying to control her career but she is nobody without an amazing management. Is she gonna take care of all the promo, PR,scheduling,hiring,etc all by herself? Bound to fail.

It takes a village to build and maintain a pop star.

Mau ®

How long til Jive drops her? I cannot see the new record being a hit with all this mess going on, even if Gimmie More turns out be a hit.

She aint touring soon either. Not looking so good, somebody get her into rehab again or something. She needs to go away for a while and get it togheter

Mato

She must be very emotionally charged these days. It would be great if she knew how phase out and take care of herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom