• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Britney Spears meltdown and conservatorship saga.

Ionian

Nice write up. Even though I'm pretty in the dark concerning all things celebrities and what have you.

Like Ionian Ionian once said I've been living under a rock concerning pop culture.

The mere psychological aspects/weird behaviour and what not are very fascinating. Especially regarding these titans of said culture. Always reminds me MK Ultra esque stuff happening to those super "stars" resulting in alters etc. Programming breaking down at certain moments causing abnormal behaviour..
I am sorry I said that. Truly. Was just a bad joke.
can't delete this space, why? Was an accident?

No insult to you.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I am sorry I said that. Truly. Was just a bad joke.

Nah man no sorry. I've never been on the uptake concerning pop culture so you were very right on that one. No offense taken at all brother.

Me mentioning you was meant I a good way FWIW.

👊🏼

That second quote is confusing me though haha -P

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Post partum depression can seem like "a downward spiral" to a lot of people. And a lot of men don't pick up on it (or educate themselves) on it to be there for their partners... And it can last a long time.

I've thought for a good while that that's what she was suffering from after the first baby.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Britney is the goat.
Tongue Goat GIF

Scotty W

Gold Member
Since I made this thread the internet has been putting Britney stuff into my news feeds and I have realized that there is a lot more going on. For example, she claims he was in a daze on her wedding day and not fully aware of what was going on. There is some other weird stuff with her husband as well.

Does anyone know how to do media research? I would like to be able to follow day by day for crazy periods, or trace the history of #freeBritney, but I don’t know where to start.

20cent

Banned
I've found a 21 hours long video of a guy paraphrasing the Berserk manga page by page on youtube, I'm sure there's an equivalent for Britney story there

Alex11

Since I made this thread the internet has been putting Britney stuff into my news feeds and I have realized that there is a lot more going on. For example, she claims he was in a daze on her wedding day and not fully aware of what was going on. There is some other weird stuff with her husband as well.

Does anyone know how to do media research? I would like to be able to follow day by day for crazy periods, or trace the history of #freeBritney, but I don’t know where to start.
Are you a Britney fan or just interested in this particular situation? Legit question, not making fun or anything.

Alex11

Scotty W is the world’s premier pop culture celebrity scholar. And also a dark wizard. RIP Lucky.
Oh, so then it's a situation thing, ok, got it. It's nothing wrong in my opinion with either approach to the matter, it was a harmless question.

I for one like her music, am not ashamed, I like different genres, etc., and thought that he really felt sorry for her, I kinda did, so there's that, but yeah it's never so simple in their industry as one being completely innocent or without fault.

Oh, so then it's a situation thing, ok, got it. It's nothing wrong in my opinion with either approach to the matter, it was a harmless question.

I for one like her music, am not ashamed, I like different genres, etc., and thought that he really felt sorry for her, I kinda did, so there's that, but yeah it's never so simple in their industry as one being completely innocent or without fault.
Lucky is a brilliant song. I still listen to it loads.

Scotty W

Gold Member
Are you a Britney fan or just interested in this particular situation? Legit question, not making fun or anything.
Just interested in this situation. As I mentioned in the op, I read an article filled with lies about that time that were so egregious and counter to what I remembered that I thought it would be interesting to research.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I've been asking myself what the hell I ever saw in her for the past 20 years, and someone in a Japan friends group Im in on facebook posted these. She was quite the cutey in the late 90s for sure.

2Wc32xM.jpg
JV4J2i0.jpg
fhUzhY9.jpg
If her eyes were 1 cm closer together, she'd be so much better.

I never cared for her music or her innocent pop star image. But when she changed to being slutty is when she really perked up for me. :)

I've been asking myself what the hell I ever saw in her for the past 20 years, and someone in a Japan friends group Im in on facebook posted these. She was quite the cutey in the late 90s for sure.

2Wc32xM.jpg
JV4J2i0.jpg
fhUzhY9.jpg
She dressed up as a schoolgirl and begged the world to hit her one more time. I mean fuark. I was what…15? It went beyond sexy and into the realm of pure primal mating. Gallons of seed spilt across the globe over a single statement. It was ludicrous.

So in the end basically the masses thought it was a lifetime movie but in the end she really was just crazy and needed supervision all along.
Yup. Her conservatorship, which was held up by like a dozen judges, was finally nulled because of social media pressure. Turns out the original decision was most likely correct.

Lmfao but also the west is heading into some serious trouble because our law systems are beginning to be staffed by a) activists and b) people who care more about social media opinion than their own opinion/judgement.

But overall, poor Brittney. Another victim of a machine that destroys children to make old men rich.

Last edited:

Scotty W

Gold Member
Yup. Her conservatorship, which was held up by like a dozen judges, was finally nulled because of social media pressure. Turns out the original decision was most likely correct.

Lmfao but also the west is heading into some serious trouble because our law systems are beginning to be staffed by a) activists and b) people who care more about social media opinion than their own opinion/judgement.

But overall, poor Brittney. Another victim of a machine that destroys children to make old men rich.
One of my biggest takeaways from this is that before #freeBritney took off, TMZ thought it was her ex-manager who had started it.

Scotty W

Gold Member
Scotty W is the world’s premier pop culture celebrity scholar. And also a dark wizard. RIP Lucky.
Thanks, just doing my best to not get culled.

I have only done 2 of these threads, and while there is something deeply ridiculous about these individuals, and studying them at this out any depth, I wouldn’t say I am just making fun of them. Here is my other, which I will mever not shill.

Unfortunately, the way she is going Id say in next 5 years we will read about her overdose or suicide. She aint coming back to the stage thats for sure.

I follow her on instagram, and she always seems like she is on cocaine.

I don’t think she’ll be dead in 5 years, but she will always struggle with her children being in her life.

Last edited:
Top Bottom