• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm VR - Official Announcement Trailer

Crayon

edit: guess it is comoing to psvr2!

PSVR2 denied!

Oh well with these adaptations there is a good chance that the platform holder had to foot the bill to make it happen. This would actually be a good sign that meta is going to get back on the gaming track for at least the time being.

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
PSVR2 denied!

Oh well with these adaptations there is a good chance that the platform holder had to foot the bill to make it happen. This would actually be a good sign that meta is going to get back on the gaming track for at least the time being.
It's coming to PSVR2.

Not sure if it's coming to PC, but it's using Unreal Engine so it will probably work with praydogs mod like every other Unreal game

Last edited:

Crayon

It's coming to PSVR2.

Not sure if it's coming to PC, but it's using Unreal Engine so it will probably work with praydogs mod like every other Unreal game

Damn sponsored trailers lol.

Thank you!

There are a lot of sideline criticisms asking for HLA-level original games to come at regular intervals, but the number of higher production value vr games has obviously increased over the nuber when hla came out. RE8, RE4, this, Red Matter 2, GT7, COTM, etc etc. Things are coming along nicely. We are still in the era of $500 headsets that have to compromise on major features and are not terribly comfortable to wear. We're in the nes-era.

Romulus

Thank you!

There are a lot of sideline criticisms asking for HLA-level original games to come at regular intervals, but the number of higher production value vr games has obviously increased over the nuber when hla came out. RE8, RE4, this, Red Matter 2, GT7, COTM, etc etc. Things are coming along nicely. We are still in the era of $500 headsets that have to compromise on major features and are not terribly comfortable to wear. We're in the nes-era.

I'd say SNES. If you used the OG VR headsets, that was pretty bad. The closest thing for that is PCVR mods. They are improving leaps and bounds with praydog and others to feel close to official ports. We're playing PCVR quality games from a few years ago on standalone headsets now.

sono

Gold Member
Wasn’t the original bulletstorm the one with awful bad language or am I mixed up

Codes 208

Wasn’t the original bulletstorm the one with awful bad language or am I mixed up
Paraphrasing since its been years but yes, there was a line with something like:
“You’re going to kill my dick? Fuck you, I’m going to kill YOUR dick!”

Edit: beaten to the dick punch

Last edited:
I'm not sure, but I recall it bombed when it was first released. It's pretty impressive that this game just keeps getting re-released over and over, despite not doing all that well it's first time out the gate.

Kusarigama

It's okay if the oculus quest version looks like the trailer but why would they put it in such poor state for PSVR2?

I'll kill your dick!

No, I'll kill your dick.

Don't have to rewrite that for modern audiences.
Holy fuck. I just discovered my favorite comic book author Rick Remender (Uncanny X-Force, Fear Agent, Low, Black Science, Deadly Class, among others) wrote this game. Jesus, if this was the first writing of his that I had ever seen/heard/read, I would've never touched anything else he wrote.

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
I'll kill your dick!

No, I'll kill your dick.

Don't have to rewrite that for modern audiences.

Dean Martin Drinking GIF

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Not sure how this game is now... I finished it on 360 when it came out.
I have a feeling it aged... good ?

JaksGhost

The writing is still terrible after the years but the gameplay is still just as nice. I bought the remastered version for $4 when I had my PS4 Pro but it couldn't maintain a solid 60fps but if you have a PS5 it cleans it up nice.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Makes sense for this game tbh since it wasn't super fast paced in the character movements in the first place and there wasn't even a jump button IIRC.

But honestly, I'm kinda tired of Gearbox milking this game with crappy remasters, Duke Nukem cameos, and now this. Make a god damned sequel to Bulletstorm already!

I replayed recently after Doom 2016 as a good modern comparison.

It's still really good the kick, leash and slide still feel really good. The weapons still feel really meaty and are unique and fun.

The Alien

Banned
Really fun game 'back in the day'.

A VR release for this game is really random but could work...especially with the scoring blurbs that pop up, etc.

hlm666

Thank you!

The annoying thing is HLA mods feel like they have a higher production value than alot of shipping games. The good news is we might start to see standalone VR games using source 2 if gunman contracts is any indication. Look at this compared to the bulletstorm vr trailer.

Majormaxxx

The devs were not native English speakers. Writing obscene words in your non-native language doesn't feel as offensive to the person creating the script.

timothet

The devs were not native English speakers. Writing obscene words in your non-native language doesn't feel as offensive to the person creating the script.
Comic author, Rick Remender was responsible for writing/screenplay. The over the top, cliche macho dialogs are on purpose, just read some interviews he did about the game.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Comic author, Rick Remender was responsible for writing/screenplay. The over the top, cliche macho dialogs are on purpose, just read some interviews he did about the game.
Yep. And PCF aren't some culturally tone-deaf dweebs either. They worked on western-oriented franchises their entire careers.

Did not like the game on PS3. The marketing was okay, poaking fun at CoD but that sole joke could not carry the whole game which felt way too try hard.

But would be nice for VR in general if some games that probably already have unofficial ports to get official support and some proper VR optimization. Sony should hire PC modders who did VR mods and work out deals with the publishers, to boost the number of VR games, maybe also port their own damn games with a new Nixxes like VR team.

Majormaxxx

Yep. And PCF aren't some culturally tone-deaf dweebs either. They worked on western-oriented franchises their entire careers.
You don't have to be tone deaf not to feel more uneasy from an extremely offensive swear word in your native tongue VS your second language or third language etc. The emotional Impact of curse words in your native tongue is vastly more pronounced.

Here are articles on this topic:

Last edited:

JonSnowball

I'm not sure, but I recall it bombed when it was first released. It's pretty impressive that this game just keeps getting re-released over and over, despite not doing all that well it's first time out the gate.
"Over and over again", huh? Do you research you horse riding equestrian! It was only re-released once in 2017. Why don't you just saddle up and ride into the sunset.

This is one of those games that "if you get it, you get it." It's not made for prudes, it's fun and action packed, and you can drink booze. At some point you control a mechanical dinosaur or something from what I remember. It was a blast. Anyway, it is strange to keep milking it when it didn't seem to resonate that well across the gaming sphere. But I'm not complaining, I want more.

Krathoon

I think all of these new releases on VR are also on Steam VR. So that it good. You can play it on older hardware.

Top Bottom