• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout Legends trailer (PSP)

Ponn

Banned
Hmm..holiday PSP list is starting to look good. I honestly don't want a huge amount of PSP games for the fall. I don't have the time for them and all the other good games coming out for DS, PS2 and Gamecube. I think between this, Socom, Guilty Gear, GTA LCS and Star Soldier I could be pretty happy. A nice RPG would be great though.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Oh damn, that's looking great. I knew Criterion could do it. E3 was simply too early for the game. It clearly isn't quite as detailed as BO3, but it's beyond 2 and looks awesome. Can't wait!

Now...the biggest question is...

Will they be able to deliver short load times?

Lo-Volt

Wow, that is hot. I will add this to the list right now. This Christmas, for me at least, will be absolutely pzzwned by PSP games. I have to justify its existence somehow, don't I? :lol

newsguy

dark10x said:
Will they be able to deliver short load times?

It really sucks that no matter how good a PSP game looks, this is the #1 question on everyone's mind. I remember buying the PSP thinking "I could care less about load times if the game is hot," but now I realize how annoying load times can really be (I am a Tiger Woods PSP owner). :(

dark10x

newsguy said:
It really sucks that no matter how good a PSP game looks, this is the #1 question on everyone's mind. I remember buying the PSP thinking "I could care less about load times if the game is hot," but now I realize how annoying load times can really be (I am a Tiger Woods PSP owner). :(

In most cases, the highest quality games have offered very quick loadtimes. As this is being constructed from the ground up for PSP, I'm hoping they'll get it right.

Agent X

The trailer is very slick. This game's been one of my most wanted on PSP ever since they announced they would be making it.

SonnyBoy

I own Tiger Woods and yes the load times are a bit long but is it really that big of a deal? Go look at your PS2 and place your PSP right beside. Sony has basically given us a PS2 that we can put in our pocket. 20 seconds out of my life for the course to load isn't going to kill me if Im somewhere other than my room.

I think the problem is stemming from some people who play their PSP under their sheets at night when mommy and daddy think they're sleep. For those of us who must drag themselves behind their g/f in the mall and wait while they try stuff on, the PSP is a great thing, and 20 seconds isn't that long...

/rant

newsguy

SonnyBoy said:
I own Tiger Woods and yes the load times are a bit long but is it really that big of a deal? Go look at your PS2 and place your PSP right beside. Sony has basically given us a PS2 that we can put in our pocket. 20 seconds out of my life for the course to load isn't going to kill me if Im somewhere other than my room.

I think the problem is stemming from some people who play their PSP under their sheets at night when mommy and daddy think they're sleep. For those of us who must drag themselves behind their g/f in the mall and wait while they try stuff on, the PSP is a great thing, and 20 seconds isn't that long...

/rant

Nah, you didn't nail it, play again. It's fucking annoying whether you're following your g/f or sitting in your house.

SonnyBoy

newsguy said:
Nah, you didn't nail it, play again. It's fucking annoying whether you're following your g/f or sitting in your house.

I never said it wasn't annoying. I said its not that long. Yes it can be annoying but its not that big deal that everyone is making it out to be.

zooL

I hope it really looks like that...

There is one crash at 0:24 that seems to be normal speed and it has the same bad framerate as seen at E3. The rest of the crashes seem to be played at double the normal speed to hide the framerate-issues.

I hope I am wrong though.

Zeo

Banned
Looks terrific! One of the few PSP games worth buying this fall for me (and only because I didn't own Burnout 1 or 2). SOCOM, I would get, but why would I get that when SOCOM 3 is coming out?

dark10x

ToyMachine228 said:
Looks better than I expected it to! Definitely a game that I will add to my thus far lackluster PSP library.

Which games do you have? The problem with PSP is that the future lineup wasn't so hot looking. Some of the games that were launched with the system were amazing...

Top Bottom