• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Businesses are reopening again. Are you ready?

Are you excited for the return?

• Yes

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 42.4%

• Total voters

iconmaster

Banned
Was in my son’s college town yesterday (semester ended online, but stuff still had to be retrieved from the dorm) and had my first dine-in restaurant meal in almost 2 months. It felt really good.

Shaqazooloo

It'll be nice having clothing stores back so I can get some new jeans but other then that not much will change for me..

oagboghi2

I just want places to stay closed an appropriate amount of time so no more areas turn into hot zones. It’s a very contagious virus and there are still a lot of people walking around who don’t even have enough sense to wear masks.
Oh for fucks sake

Can you pro-lockdown people be honest for one day. No one is saying to stop wearing mask, end social distancing, nor is anyone stopping safety precautions.

Tons of places are still closed, and no one is forcing you outside. Deal with it.

diffusionx

Gold Member
With 30,000 new cases a day while in lockdown, what could go wrong?

but honestly if we remain judicious and quarantine the olds I think we will be ok :messenger_medmask:

Friendly reminder that the lockdown was never meant to eliminate the virus, nor can it. And even if it was, it is obviously not working, as 2/3rd of new cases in NY are for people who are locked down. It’s time to move onto the strategy Sweden is using,

Djau

Banned
Oh for fucks sake

Can you pro-lockdown people be honest for one day. No one is saying to stop wearing mask, end social distancing, nor is anyone stopping safety precautions.

Tons of places are still closed, and no one is forcing you outside. Deal with it.

Its not helping Germany with their reopening...Ro Value above 1 again.

Friendly reminder that the lockdown was never meant to eliminate the virus, nor can it. And even if it was, it is obviously not working, as 2/3rd of new cases in NY are for people who are locked down. It’s time to move onto the strategy Sweden is using,

Oh? leave people to die then?

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Its not helping Germany with their reopening...Ro Value above 1 again.

Oh? leave people to die then?

Cuomo already did that with his nursing home policy, so no need for the high horse there brother.

Again, lockdown isn’t going to eliminate the virus, and it was never meant to, if that’s your goal, come up with a new strategy.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
my dad just bought a new house so we went around last weekend in the N GA mountains looking at furniture. bunch of antique stores were open so we went to those. real easy to keep 6 ft distance in a not too busy antique store. i ended up finding a copy of Sly & the Family Stone "There's a Riot Goin' On" LP for $3. really nice to get out and see people out and about.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Illinois still down until at least may 30th. I am not really ready. I can wfh just fine, i dont need bars or restaurants, i am perfectly happy with curbside. Unfortunatly there are a lot of people who still dont take it seriously

kevm3

There are things that are killing at a much higher rate and we didn't completely shut down the nation's and world's economy. If this shutdown continues, the fallout will be much worse than the Corona virus. Don't be wreckless, but the economy has to open back up.

iconmaster

Banned
NYT map update. Even New England is seeing some reopened states already, which surprises me.

I notice the NYT changed the "reopen" color from green to blue. Their readers probably complained the green was too positive-looking. "pie_tears_joy:

MA2WUqE.png

TUROK

I'm probably going to be cautious as fuck this whole year.

Something about watching chaos unfold that really makes me want to stick around to witness it.

Susurrus

NYT map update. Even New England is seeing some reopened states already, which surprises me.

I notice the NYT changed the "reopen" color from green to blue. Their readers probably complained the green was too positive-looking. "pie_tears_joy:

MA2WUqE.png

I question the accuracy of this map. Washington, DC is shown blue on there, and as someone that lives there, it is NOT partially opened. Food is on takeout, masks required when entering essential businesses, social distance is required by law. Really the same as Maryland next door. Virginia is more open than DC (they don't have any mask laws). Hell, Maryland lets kids to go playgrounds now apparently, which is less restrictive than DC.

iconmaster

Banned
I question the accuracy of this map. Washington, DC is shown blue on there, and as someone that lives there, it is NOT partially opened. Food is on takeout, masks required when entering essential businesses, social distance is required by law. Really the same as Maryland next door. Virginia is more open than DC (they don't have any mask laws). Hell, Maryland lets kids to go playgrounds now apparently, which is less restrictive than DC.

DC is actually listed as "reopening next week." It'd be the lighter blue if you can find it on the map (I can't).

Susurrus

DC is actually listed as "reopening next week." It'd be the lighter blue if you can find it on the map (I can't).

It is there between Virginia and Maryland, looks like a line glitch. I do see how it could be light blue now that you mention it though. That being said, I think they're going off of the original expiration date of May 15 because they're slow to extend, but it looks to be the intention.

highrider

Banned
I’ve been working, what I really want is the outdoor basketball hoops back. I’m like the only guy that plays in my neighborhood. They’re socially distancing me 😂

Top Bottom