• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[POLL] Xbox Business Update Event: What do you want Xbox to announce?

What do you want Xbox to announce in the Business Event update?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Only a few days left before the massive Xbox Business Update Event. This is a poll, primarily for the Xbros here.

It's NOT a prediction poll for what might be announced. It's a poll for what you want Xbox to announce.

Given the tough business reality, it's more of a "pick your poison" thing. But it'll help us gauge whether the Xbox Business Update event next week will be in line with the fans' wishes, and what the community at large wants.

So tell us ...

200.gif

P.S. Non-Xbox gamers, please select 'Results' options so the data isn't polluted. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

spons

Gold Member
Xbox as a console must survive. I don't care about the rest. It's mostly an egoistic choice: I have hundreds of digital games on the platform. Do whatever it takes to make profit, and make sure the consoles keep existing.

Damigos

Xbox stays alive for a bit longer
Gamepass stays the same
All MS games go multiplat (not part of a sub)

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
A deal with Rockstar. GTA on Gamepass would be a little too much, but marketing and early start(in game money) in GTA online would be great. That's the best way I would think of to remind their users of their commitments and apology for being so bad at communication.

Not a Xbox user so I voted Results. It will be wild because I am almost sure that we will get another masterclass in how not to adress concerns. They choose to do the upfront method for Xbox One. It didn't work. This time I think that they will want to to is slowly, but in this era it can't work as we are too connected and any meme can destroy months of efforts.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Xbox stays alive for a bit longer
Gamepass stays the same
All MS games go multiplat (not part of a sub)
What do you mean by not part of a sub?

As in those games go multiplat with native releases? Or they can go multiplat but can't go on subs like PS+?

Draugoth

Gold Member
What i want: Keep things the way they are

What will happen; No more Day One on Game Pass. Games coming up on rival consoles. Xbox being rebranded to Microsoft Gaming.

Mowcno

All of their games on every platform day one. But that's not going to happen, they'll be keeping some games timed exclusive at the very least. Now if their current and future hardware keeps flopping that could change very fast though.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

"Rumors" based on an article from 2022 from someone talking about why Gotham Knights and Hogwarts Legacy, two games which had Playstation marketing, aren't landing on game pass day 1 ?

What the fuck :messenger_grinning_sweat:

And even that article is talking about third party game pass releases in all of its idiocy, which has, again, been proven false since 2022.

Really weird to cite that as anything to note Heisenberg007 Heisenberg007 . It's almost like you're grasping for things to make up those bullet points now 🤔

Last edited:

Kilau

Don't fuck with my Game Pass, I got 2 and half years paid for still. Everything can go multiplat, I ain't care.

Humdinger

I find it weird that the majority of Xbox gamers are saying they hope ALL games go multiplatform. Really?

edit: I imagine it's because that is the most favorable option for people who are really into GP. It's also a "compound" option, and they're probably giving the thumbs up to the first statement, not the second.

I seriously doubt MS is going to announce that ALL games are going multiplatform. That would be ridiculously self-destructive.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Well if they surprised everyone by saying we are gonna fix everything with a buyout of Nintendo, I think that would be a real career moment for Phil

"Rumors" based on an article from 2022 from someone talking about why Gotham Knights and Hogwarts Legacy, two games which had Playstation marketing, aren't landing on game pass day 1 ?

What the fuck :messenger_grinning_sweat:

And even that article is talking about third party game pass releases in all of its idiocy, which has, again, been proven false since 2022.

Really weird to cite that as anything to note Heisenberg007 Heisenberg007 . It's almost like you're grasping for things to make up those bullet points now 🤔

Plus the rumor about hardware shutting down is changes made to game pages that people assumed just now happened when they were actually changed last year. People really are reaching for that GAF clout. Gold level journalism indeed. Just show some patience, people. Shit isn’t that important.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Plus the rumor about hardware shutting down is changes made to game pages that people assumed just now happened when they were actually changed last year. People really are reaching for that GAF clout. Gold level journalism indeed. Just show some patience, people. Shit isn’t that important.

All the game pages were updated from October 1st onward. Forza even launched on GP day 1 with that template, but I guess it ain't news unless someone tweets about it.

Laptop1991

Im a PC gamer, so option 5, but i think day 1 releases will stop and go to GP later to improve profits, and they will go 3rd party publisher a lot more, but that will only work if the games improve as well, i don't know if new Xbox consoles will be made in the future, its Microsoft, they've made strange decisions over the 20 plus years ive known them,and failed quite a lot in that time with various ventures, time will tell.

All their games go multiplatform because being exclusive to xbox when it has such a small install base doesn't make business sense, but they keep xbox consoles around for their loyal fans and those that want them. This way everybody wins.

I can’t vote in this - what I want is different from what I think might happen (and to be honest, like everyone else I don’t know what will happen).

What I want is impossible (for now, it will happen) - end of “generations” and exclusives. Let me play whatever I want on the hardware of my choosing. Just like I can with TV, Movies and music. Stop making me buy multiple consoles that are, in the case of Xbox and PlayStation, essentially identical but artificially restricted.

Plus the poll options are too biased and limited anyway. I vote for ‘none of these candidates’.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I find it weird that the majority of Xbox gamers are saying they hope ALL games go multiplatform. Really?

edit: I imagine it's because that is the most favorable option for people who are really into GP. It's also a "compound" option, and they're probably giving the thumbs up to the first statement, not the second.
I think the voters may be ignoring the long-term repercussions of what happens if all games go multiplatform. They may be looking at the short-term benefit of day one GP releases.

But I can't say that in the OP and influence votes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom